CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   Wonderful World of Corvettes at Kissimmee (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/2992046-wonderful-world-of-corvettes-at-kissimmee.html)

Frankie the Fink 01-30-2012 09:21 AM

Wonderful World of Corvettes at Kissimmee

2 Attachment(s)
This is the Sunday show that occurs after the NCRS Winter event...its very well attended and some of the judged cars of all generations are there. My '61 managed to snag its second 1st place in the C1 class this year....of course I parked under my lucky Frankie the Fink graffiti (see the red arrow) so how could I miss ? My biggest 'ding' was the lightly pitted windshield pillars. I've got rechromed originals on the shelf just haven't mustered the courage to tackle that job yet.

There were some VERY nice C1s there including a top flight Pennant Blue '54 you could eat off of... I was actually helping a fellow '61 owner pull his fouled plugs a few spots away so he could make it home while my car was being judged....hope he got back safely.

oldsarge 01-30-2012 09:47 AM

Kool, congrats, looks nice !!!

Keith Carlson 01-30-2012 10:01 AM

Very nice! :thumbs:

Plasticman 01-30-2012 10:02 AM

Frank,

Congrats!

Sorry I missed you on Sat.

John

MCMLXI 01-30-2012 10:03 AM

Congrats! - your car looks great :thumbs:

1snake 01-30-2012 10:10 AM

Congrats. Frank.:cheers:

Jim

capevettes 01-30-2012 10:10 AM

Congrats Frank and nice to meet you down there. Your car is a beauty :thumbs:

65hihp 01-30-2012 11:09 AM

Frank-
leave those posts on the shelf.
Your stiff axle is perfect just as she sits.
I wouldn't change nuthin.
Just keep polishing, driving, and enjoying.
65hihp

Frankie the Fink 01-30-2012 11:44 AM

Thanks all -- yes John (Plasticman) I got a call from Bill (wmf62) to tag up with you guys but I literally had a non-stop stream of forum members and other folks coming by for extended chats.
I guess it was that prime parking spot I got right across from the judging field Saturday. Everybody had to walk by my car to head to the NCRS event/swap meet/car corral...so there was plenty of interest and two would-be buyers. (Not for sale!)

I'll catch up with you and Bill soon I'm sure...
I'm getting the itch for a C2 -- maybe I can get therapy...

OldKarz 01-30-2012 12:48 PM

Fink-Get a C2 to go with the C1! Also, do not touch your car, it looks great! :thumbs:

Chuck Gongloff 01-30-2012 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Plasticman (Post 1579872392)
Frank,

Congrats!

Sorry I missed you on Sat.

John

Congratulations, Frank. Nice talking to you, and thank you for chasing me down when I left my shirt at your display. :D

John (Plasticman).... saw you once from a distance down near Bill's car. I turned around....looked back, and you were gone. Sorry I missed ya. :D

Chuck

Plasticman 01-30-2012 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck Gongloff (Post 1579873897)
Congratulations, Frank. Nice talking to you, and thank you for chasing me down when I left my shirt at your display. :D

John (Plasticman).... saw you once from a distance down near Bill's car. I turned around....looked back, and you were gone. Sorry I missed ya. :D

Chuck

Chuck,

I saw you "somewhere" on Saturday..............too many faces and too many things to look for and do. Great day!

John

Chuck Gongloff 01-30-2012 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Plasticman (Post 1579873980)
Chuck,

I saw you "somewhere" on Saturday..............too many faces and too many things to look for and do. Great day!

John

It was a good day. Beautiful weather. I saw you wearing the lime green CCCC hat down near Bill's car at Glassworks.

Turned around for 20-30 seconds, looked back, and you were gone. :D

I didn't buy anything of significance. Spent about $25.00, and that was it.

Sold about $30.00 worth of "stuff" at my spot, so it was a "wash" money wise. :D

We got there Thursday AM and didn't leave till about 12:00 noon on Sunday, as we stayed for the Corvette show in Old Town with the CCCC.

Chuck

Frankie the Fink 01-30-2012 02:12 PM

I circled back to the NCRS swap meet Sunday and there was still some lonesome soul trying to sell his frost blue '64 coupe. Looked solid, but very tired. Low 250HP motor / no A/C but looked like an OK driver. He jumped down from $45K to $35K REAL fast... I was thinking if I could get it down even more it would be a good restomod candidate or else a daily driver. I didn't jump yet though.... Might be an LS3 and a Billy Dawson chassis in my future.

wmf62 01-30-2012 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chuck Gongloff (Post 1579874345)
It was a good day. Beautiful weather. I saw you wearing the lime green CCCC hat down near Bill's car at Glassworks.

Turned around for 20-30 seconds, looked back, and you were gone. :D

Chuck

he turned sideways.... :rofl:
:cheers:
Bill

toms silver 60 01-30-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by wmf62 (Post 1579874727)
Bill

John was easy to spot, he was the only one wearing a leather jacket!

Good to see you guys. :thumbs:

Chuck Gongloff 01-30-2012 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by wmf62 (Post 1579874727)
Bill

Now, now. :D We know that John is thin, but that green hat would still be easy to spot.

Originally Posted by toms silver 60 (Post 1579874989)
John was easy to spot, he was the only one wearing a leather jacket!

Good to see you guys. :thumbs:

Yeah, John does get "chilled" when it gets below 80*. :D He's become a true Floridian.

Chuck

Frankie the Fink 01-30-2012 04:04 PM

Tom gets the nod for best outfit....with his wide brim straw hat and rain poncho over his shoulders Thursday morning he looked like some sorta demented Clint Eastwood character outta "Fistful of Dollars" or something.

I think he was trying to intimidate the gate crashers -- it didn't work !

Chuck Gongloff 01-30-2012 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 1579875409)
Tom gets the nod for best outfit....with his wide brim straw hat and rain poncho over his shoulders Thursday morning he looked like some sorta demented Clint Eastwood character outta "Fistful of Dollars" or something.

I think he was trying to intimidate the gate crashers -- it didn't work !

Tom was scary looking, and you're comparison to the Clint Eastwood character is spot on. :D

He even tried to recruit me to re-join SACC, but since I sold my 54, I dropped out. :(

Chuck

Vette Daddy 01-30-2012 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 1579872047)
This is the Sunday show that occurs after the NCRS Winter event...its very well attended and some of the judged cars of all generations are there. My '61 managed to snag its second 1st place in the C1 class this year....of course I parked under my lucky Frankie the Fink graffiti (see the red arrow) so how could I miss ? My biggest 'ding' was the lightly pitted windshield pillars. I've got rechromed originals on the shelf just haven't mustered the courage to tackle that job yet.

There were some VERY nice C1s there including a top flight Pennant Blue '54 you could eat off of... I was actually helping a fellow '61 owner pull his fouled plugs a few spots away so he could make it home while my car was being judged....hope he got back safely.

Congrats, Frankie.:cheers: