CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Mountain - Prairie (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/mountain-prairie-46/)
-   -   Vettes on the Rockies (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/mountain-prairie/2992516-vettes-on-the-rockies.html)

AlBab 01-30-2012 10:31 PM

Vettes on the Rockies

The 39th Annual Vettes on the Rockies will be held August 9 - 12 in Winter Park, Colorado. This is a NEW VENUE for VOTR and there are a number of changes to the event this year including the addtion of a wine tasting and moving the Show N Shine to Saturday. Additionally, the change to Winter Park has enabled a much larger selection of lodging options.

Come join us for lots of fun in the Rocky Mountains with lots of fellow Corvette owners from accross the country.

Please check our website for regular updates and detailed information:
www.lgcacorvette.org

34RedRage 01-31-2012 09:33 AM

it will never be the same without Frisco....

AlBab 01-31-2012 11:21 PM

Certainly not the same but we think better in several ways. Winter Park is really a great venue.
Big change for local folks (Denver) is the Show N Shine on Saturday so the trip back down the mountain should be easier than those Sunday drives headed to Denver on I-70.

Hope you can make it and check it out.

34RedRage 02-01-2012 10:14 AM

i will be camping and ATV riding outside of Frisco that weekend, usually come down for the show when we are camping. vor and Frisco is kind of like hot dogs and baseball, they just seem to go together traditionally. going to have to pass on this years vor...

Too-Fast 02-01-2012 02:21 PM

We plan on attending...checking out the hotel accomodations. Will there be a good selection of vendors this year?

AlBab 02-01-2012 05:46 PM

VOTR Vendors

We have lots of vendors lining up again this year. We'll be posting them on the web site in the near future. Anyone you'd specifically like to see?

bluemagoo 02-01-2012 09:28 PM

Kudos to LGCA! While I always enjoyed heading up to Frisco to check out the Show & Shine and see friends, I think a different venue will generate some renewed interest. And the trip over Berthoud Pass will definitely be more fun than doing I-70. Best of luck to Looking Glass for VOTR 2012!

Too-Fast 02-01-2012 09:30 PM

Apsis, some, one of the exhaust manufacturers, Mid America, Zip, Ecklers, etc...I am used to Carlisle, left West Chester, PA in 2007.

momo20 02-08-2012 12:24 AM

i think it will be a great change to see this ..

blackmachdown 02-08-2012 12:51 AM

I'm just worried about getting e85 on my way there and back :-/

Fly'n Family 02-08-2012 10:35 PM

Just checked my schedule, and low and behold I will be home that weekend. I'll definately do what I can do to get up there, have been wanting to go to one of these for a long time. :thumbs:

729GKU 04-26-2012 06:13 PM

Registration is open!

On-line registration is open for the 2012 Vettes on the Rockies event. So far Registrations are up over last year and the hotel rooms are going fast :hide: so you might want to sign up early!

Go here to check out the event schedule and register.
http://www.lgcacorvette.org/Developm...R2012index.htm

See you in the Rockies!:woohoo:

Too-Fast 04-26-2012 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by 729GKU (Post 1580660178)
On-line registration is open for the 2012 Vettes on the Rockies event. So far Registrations are up over last year and the hotel rooms are going fast :hide: so you might want to sign up early!

Go here to check out the event schedule and register.
http://www.lgcacorvette.org/Developm...R2012index.htm

See you in the Rockies!:woohoo:

Already have my hotel reservations for about 6 weeks...am reconsidering attending though due to the judging change at the show. The organizers have gone from independant judges to participants judging??? :willy:

snakeman56 04-28-2012 07:46 AM

Just made my hotel reservation, I will be just looking around and enjoying the show and the area. Looking forward to the event, my first!!!

cozer1 04-28-2012 09:06 PM

won't make it this yr..unless I buy a new vette off the show room floor, they don't know how to judge cars,UNLESS you are a club member :rofl: you will win. like last yr..seeing a couple walking to the awards even before they called their name..go figure.maybe that's why their attends is down and moved to winter park

good luck vette owners.:woohoo:

AlBab 05-06-2012 04:18 PM

VOTR Judging

So yes, the word is out, the judging will be by the general public this year. We wanted to try something different to attract more interest. We are frequently trying to change things up to keep it fun.

The other BIG NEWS about the Show 'n Shine is that it will be on SATURDAY, August 11. This is a schedule change from the past 15 plus years so don't forget the schedule change.

Registrations are well ahead of last year's pace so don't delay, get registered soon.

BTW, the Vintage Resort Hotel is completely sold out to VOTR attendees. Still lots of lodging at the other venues.

Too-Fast 05-06-2012 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by AlBab (Post 1580742666)
So yes, the word is out, the judging will be by the general public this year. We wanted to try something different to attract more interest. We are frequently trying to change things up to keep it fun.

The other BIG NEWS about the Show 'n Shine is that it will be on SATURDAY, August 11. This is a schedule change from the past 15 plus years so don't forget the schedule change.

Registrations are well ahead of last year's pace so don't delay, get registered soon.

BTW, the Vintage Resort Hotel is completely sold out to VOTR attendees. Still lots of lodging at the other venues.

Wait a minute, hold on here...last time I checked the website for the show info it said that the show would be "participant judging" now in your post you are saying the "general public" two entirely different things, which is it? Please calrify.

AlBab 05-06-2012 05:06 PM

Participant Judging

OOPS! Moving too fast today. Participant Judging it is. Sorry for the confusion.:hide:

Too-Fast 05-07-2012 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by AlBab (Post 1580742910)
OOPS! Moving too fast today. Participant Judging it is. Sorry for the confusion.:hide:

Thanks for the calarification.

blackmachdown 05-09-2012 12:12 PM

So what you're saying is LGCA vettes are going to win all the events?