CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   LS2 Engines for sale (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/3042268-ls2-engines-for-sale.html)

KibunInc 04-19-2012 01:04 AM

LS2 Engines for sale

Hello I used the search function and did not find what I am looking for. Sorry if I missed it somehow.

I am looking at getting my engine rebuilt or buying a long block or buying a complete rebuilt engine.

I have a 2007 Chevy Corvette coupe with a LS2 engine and a 6 speed manual transmission.

I know there are many vendors on here and I would like to buy from a vendor or someone off of this forum. I want to keep the LS2 set up so I can put it in with no problems.

Thanks in advance for any help with this. :willy:

taken19 04-19-2012 07:26 AM

You should post what your intentions are with the car. Road course, deal strip, cruising around town. That may dictate which direction you will head and this expected budget for your new project. When I was pricing out road race motors, I was pointed in the direction of Schanke - very good builders but pricey. Pay to play, right?

Good luck.

waddisme 04-19-2012 11:06 AM

Got my LS2 from Texas Speed. Best value around for short or long blocks. They do a lot of motors with plenty of specing options. I have had mine in over 3 years and 20k+ miles. It sees track days once a month with zero motor issues so far. My only regret is not doing the LS7:D. Good luck with it.

el es tu 04-19-2012 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by KibunInc (Post 1580594918)
Hello I used the search function and did not find what I am looking for. Sorry if I missed it somehow.

I am looking at getting my engine rebuilt or buying a long block or buying a complete rebuilt engine.

I have a 2007 Chevy Corvette coupe with a LS2 engine and a 6 speed manual transmission.

I know there are many vendors on here and I would like to buy from a vendor or someone off of this forum. I want to keep the LS2 set up so I can put it in with no problems.

The GM performance parts website will list your local dealerships with engines in stock and competing prices. If you decide to go ls3, it will bolt directly in and should only require some reprogramming of the ecu. Another benefit is that youll get a warranty from gm with that engine...

If you want a rebuild there are plenty of good companies that sponsor this site, but Katech is the best known one and builds the race engines for the factory team.

If you choose to buy a separate engine keep in mind that you can make a good chunk of that cash back by selling your old engine

good luck! :thumbs:

DSOMC6 04-19-2012 02:30 PM

If $$ is an issue, I know a couple people that had good results from Skoggin Dickey's LS2 crate engines.

If you can, I'd reuse/machine the seasoned block vs purchasing a crate engine.

KB9GKC 04-19-2012 05:24 PM

Hello,

I bought my brand new GM longblock LS2 engine from Gandrud Chevrolet (a local dealer in Green Bay). Cost was $4500, this was 2 years ago so is probably slightly higher now.

Douglas in Green Bay :D

KibunInc 04-19-2012 11:14 PM

thanks for all of the input. My car is street driven car and does not see the track. I am looking for a little performance but on a budget. I did not know the LS3 was an option with only an ECM reprogram. I am going to check out all of the suggestions above. :)

05C6GAC 04-20-2012 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by KibunInc (Post 1580603226)
thanks for all of the input. My car is street driven car and does not see the track. I am looking for a little performance but on a budget. I did not know the LS3 was an option with only an ECM reprogram. I am going to check out all of the suggestions above. :)

All but 05, it needs an addapter to work!!!:thumbs:

KB9GKC 04-21-2012 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by KibunInc (Post 1580603226)

Hello,

The LS3 longblock was about $2000 more than the LS2 longblock. For $2000 I can make the LS2 much faster than the LS3.

KibunInc 04-22-2012 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by KB9GKC (Post 1580616194)
Hello,

The LS3 longblock was about $2000 more than the LS2 longblock. For $2000 I can make the LS2 much faster than the LS3.

I agree with that but I have a question. I know the LS2 makes engine noises (valve train).Does the LS3 have the same problem? If it does make the same noise I would not consider a LS3. If it quieter then it would be worth the 2k differnce to have a quiet sounding engine.

99blancoss 04-22-2012 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by KibunInc (Post 1580594918)

We offer one of the finest precision built engines on the market. You have a few different options. I can call you to discuss them if you like. Juts drop me a pm with your number and the best time to call.