CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Drivers seat problem (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3059438-drivers-seat-problem.html)

jjnitrox 05-17-2012 10:17 AM

Drivers seat problem

Hi Guys:
I have wrote before about this issue but still I have not been able to solve this. My drivers seat from my 05 vette does not work. It will not go back & forth or up or down. I have tried straping the connectors,changing the switches(I interchanged the switch with the passengers side and nothing(passengers side is working perfectly). I checked the fuses and are working good. The motors seemed to be ok. I have read that there is a seat module. can anyone help out on how to check this or is there any way to slove this?. I put a relay to to the connector and power the motor it will go back and forth I do not want to do this because it damage something. At this moment the seat does not have any motion execept for the lumbar support and side bulges. Please help.:salute:

Gearhead Jim 05-18-2012 01:22 PM

I'm no help, but here's a free bump and maybe one of the experts will come up with something.

A good dealership (yes, there are some) can probably fix it for you but it will probably be expensive.

Best of luck to you.

dgrant3830 05-18-2012 04:24 PM

I've not taken apart my C-6 seats but the C-5, the SCM is mounted up under the driver's seat itself. On the C-5, its prone to problems with the seat to car interface connectors having connection issues. Since they are probably similar to the C-6's, I would be looking there first.

Kenny94945 05-18-2012 09:10 PM

Maybe no help but......

Yes there is a seat module/ computer under the seat.
Not sure how to test it.
It is tied into the easy exit circuits.

I had mine replace.

Do note if you have telescopic wheel you need a Tech II to setup the module for that option.

This componet and instructions are in the service manual.

Silverado Desperado 05-19-2012 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Kenny94945 (Post 1580851790)
Maybe no help but......

Yes there is a seat module/ computer under the seat.
Not sure how to test it.
It is tied into the easy exit circuits.

I had mine replace.

Do note if you have telescopic wheel you need a Tech II to setup the module for that option. '

This componet and instructions are in the service manual.

Are you saying if the seat module is changed out the telescopic wheel will not work at all without Tech 2 to turn it back on?

Or are you saying Tech 2 needed for telescopic wheel memory function to work again?

So if the module is replaced will the telescopic wheel work, but just not the memory recall function? Or none of the telescopic wheel will work at all unless turned back on using Tech 2?

I am about to replace the module and don't mind if the memory function of the telecopic wheel does not work, but would like to know if I replace the module will the telescopic function work at all, or it won't work until Tech 2 turns it back on.

dgrant3830 05-19-2012 12:57 PM

The SCM controls the telescoping steering wheel in the C-5's for sure. I'm guessing that it also does in the C-6

Jimbeaux 05-19-2012 03:34 PM

I had the same problem on my 05 recently. It was loose wiring at one of the connectors. The connections were fine but there was a loose wire going into one of the connectors. The dealer fixed

jjnitrox 05-21-2012 01:21 PM

Thanks guys for all your help. I still have the problem. I guess I'll end up at the dealership.It will cost me a arm or leg but that's the price for having a corvette.:salute:

Licit 05-21-2012 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by jjnitrox (Post 1580870855)
Thanks guys for all your help. I still have the problem. I guess I'll end up at the dealership.It will cost me a arm or leg but that's the price for having a corvette.:salute:

Maybe you'll get lucky and it will be an easier fix than expected. Every once in a while someone has a good experience at the dealer, hope you do.:thumbs:

jjnitrox 05-22-2012 06:09 PM

Thank you man :flag:

orca1946 05-22-2012 06:14 PM

My C 6 has memory probs. Some times it moves to the right spot others it does not??? :eek::crazy2:

jjnitrox 08-15-2012 08:31 PM

It was a scm problem.I replacet it and vuaaala. perfect again:flag:

HorsePower Junkie 08-15-2012 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by jjnitrox (Post 1581579977)

It was a scm problem. I replacet it and vuaaala. perfect again:flag:

Does "scm" mean seat control module??? Did you only replace one part? Was it plug and play without having to do anything else? Did dealer have to put a Tech II tool on it and program it to see the new part?

Please look on the service ticket or parts dept receipt and let us know what the Part Number or Part Numbers are thet were replaced please.

Thanks

U DREM 2 08-23-2012 09:10 AM

Would like a part number for the seat control module.

Thanks

timbob99 09-22-2012 12:00 AM

Hoping you (or someone else) can answer some of the questions at the end of the thread. I'm having a similar problem. Seat/steering wheel telescope will sometimes work momentarily when I first turn the car on, then stop working. I noticed before it got this bad that it would sometimes take multiple presses of the memory button for the seat to move fully into position. So, sounds like a bad module.

I'm hoping to replace it myself if it isn't too complex, so any further info would be helpful (esp. the question about whether the Tech 2 is needed to get things working again).

Any info (with specifics) would be much appreciated!!! :cheers:

U DREM 2 09-22-2012 10:21 AM

I did replace my memory module, but the problem was the two power wires to the module. I order the a new memory module for around $ 100.00 plus shipping. When I took the seat out to replace the unit, that is when I found the two center wires (power) were broken. So I placed the unit and fixture the two power wires and my seats work. A Tech 2 reprogram is needed to make the memory work.

irok 09-22-2012 02:40 PM

p/n 15296303.driver seat module. Dan

2006c6keller 09-22-2012 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Silverado Desperado (Post 1580854960)
Are you saying if the seat module is changed out the telescopic wheel will not work at all without Tech 2 to turn it back on?

Or are you saying Tech 2 needed for telescopic wheel memory function to work again?

So if the module is replaced will the telescopic wheel work, but just not the memory recall function? Or none of the telescopic wheel will work at all unless turned back on using Tech 2?

I am about to replace the module and don't mind if the memory function of the telecopic wheel does not work, but would like to know if I replace the module will the telescopic function work at all, or it won't work until Tech 2 turns it back on.

If they replace the moduel OR the seat motor assembly, you NEED TO REROGRAM FOR TELESCOPING STEERING WHEEL ON THE C6! I've had them forget twice!

U DREM 2 09-22-2012 10:46 PM

The telescopic wheel will work at all unless turned back on using Tech 2. Also the memory seat will not work until you reprogram it.

timbob99 02-18-2013 05:43 PM

Just thought I'd update my issue...finally got around to pulling the seat out (wasn't in too much of a hurry since it was adjusted fine for me and no one else drives the car), and discovered what appears to be the ground wire to the seat control module was broken. Of the three plugs going into the module, it was on the center plug, which has 2 wires (a black and a red/white, so I'm guessing that's the power to the module...the red/white was also partially broken, hanging on by just a few strands of copper). I think I was lucky that the seat would move intermittently, presumably because the wire would sometimes make good enough contact. If not, I wouldn't have been able to move the seat to access the anchor bolts.

I ordered a new connector (after much searching, found it on Amazon for much cheaper than anywhere else, AC Delco part # PT159 or GM Part # 12101888), so hopefully when it arrives and I install it, problem will be solved.