CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   2013 grand sport edelbrock 416 and eforce for vette magazine (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/3091276-2013-grand-sport-edelbrock-416-and-eforce-for-vette-magazine.html)

Jay@Redline 07-11-2012 11:01 AM

2013 grand sport edelbrock 416 and eforce for vette magazine

We just took in a customers 2013 convertible grandsport with 213 miles we baselined the car last night and will start on the motor swap and supercharger install this week, we will be using the new edelbrock 416 longblock and the eforce 599 kit. This is for a Vette magazine article so we cant disclose everything but we will let out what we can, for the full build we will have to wait till the magazine hits the newsstands!

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8426/7...2e8c0f31_b.jpg

this is bone stock as it showed up off showroom floor.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7131/7...e795b13f_b.jpg

JoesC5 07-11-2012 11:25 AM

I have a problem accepting that a stock Grand Sport with either 430 HP or 436 HP at the flywheel will put down 425 HP at the wheels on a chassis dyno.

peter pan 07-11-2012 11:45 AM

Much more than our stock 09 put down:rock:

Jay@Redline 07-11-2012 12:11 PM

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8019/7...e2165240_b.jpg

here is the run file from the dyno, we were surprised to see these numbers from the stock car also. On the sheet you can see the CF and the weather info.

we have went to great lengths to build our enclosed dyno cell to keep conditions stable and with our air management system in the cell there is NO exhaust fumes lingering around to re ingest into the motor.

Motorhead-47 07-11-2012 01:27 PM

Didn't realize that Edelbrock had started offering "crate" supercharged packages with a 2 year warranty! Looking forward to your results!

416 LS dyno sheet as published on Edelbrock's site...

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_...lb/ls3_720.jpg

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_.../chevy/ls3.jpg

:thumbs:

ls1wolf 07-11-2012 03:34 PM

No way.. Nope... False numbers... Take it to the track. Or get another Dyno

C6 Doberman 07-11-2012 04:15 PM

:iagree:

camirocz 07-11-2012 04:59 PM

Who cares about the baseline numbers.Its the gains that count.Lets see the results after the install and appreciate the gains.

old motorhead 07-11-2012 05:15 PM

This has all the markings of a thread that should get interesting....or maybe entertaining....or maybe both:D It was getting a little slow around here anyway.

FloydSummerOf68 07-11-2012 08:54 PM

Ridiculous baseline numbers, but should be an interesting build to see how it pans out.

JoesC5 07-11-2012 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by camirocz (Post 1581290726)
Who cares about the baseline numbers.Its the gains that count.Lets see the results after the install and appreciate the gains.

You have a stupid number as a base, you will have a stupid number after the modifications. Then someone will come along and post the stupid numbers after the modifications and claim their product produces insane horsepower.

breecher_7 07-11-2012 09:34 PM

Don't think you can trust a damn thing that dyno says! Those are the most insanely false rwhp numbers I have ever seen for a stock ls3 powered c6. That is quite possibly the most generous dyno on the planet!!!!

Redline Motorsports 07-11-2012 10:12 PM

What do you think the advantage is to have an inflated number on a bone stock car? Our chassis dyno runs all day with LS based engines and doesn't skip a beat. I just calibrated a 2010 ZO6 before that car went on and it made 456/422 stock.....sounds in line to he last 100 plus ZO6s the rollers have seen. Before that was a 2012 CTSv auto that made 465/470... It's not a dyno issue.

We strap it and pull it and watch for the environmental conditions to stabilize. I did observe however the spark curve during these pulls to be quite aggressive and more in line to what I might make one while doing a recalibrating.

We went through the same BS in 2009 as we had one of the first ones produced and as time went on others where popping up making the same numbers....where are all the 2013's???

Just posting the facts so sit back with your popcorn..:lurk:

Howard

Deezee757 07-11-2012 10:16 PM

They all vary quite a bit. Pull a car off a dynojet and slap it directly on a mustang dyno (aka the heart breaker) and you will see! The most imortant thing is to dyno before and after on the same dyno. Best option would be in similar conditions, and get a "power added" number. I know a lot of guys go to the highest "reading" dyno just for the sheet. Its just a tool though. We know that here and will take it for what its worth. Now if they ONLY posted after numbers then the next few kits sold would be kinda upset I think. :( I for one am not a fan of the eforce kit, but will be looking forward to seeing how this build turns out!:D Thanks for posting it! :cheers:

1320IN9 07-11-2012 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Redline Motorsports (Post 1581293145)
What do you think the advantage is to have an inflated number on a bone stock car? Our chassis dyno runs all day with LS based engines and doesn't skip a beat. I just calibrated a 2010 ZO6 before that car went on and it made 456/422 stock.....sounds in line to he last 100 plus ZO6s the rollers have seen. Before that was a 2012 CTSv auto that made 465/470... It's not a dyno issue.

We strap it and pull it and watch for the environmental conditions to stabilize. I did observe however the spark curve during these pulls to be quite aggressive and more in line to what I might make one while doing a recalibrating.

We went through the same BS in 2009 as we had one of the first ones produced and as time went on others where popping up making the same numbers....where are all the 2013's???

Just posting the facts so sit back with your popcorn..:lurk:

Howard

:iagree: 100%

Redline Motorsports 07-11-2012 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by Deezee757 (Post 1581293185)
They all vary quite a bit. Pull a car off a dynojet and slap it directly on a mustang dyno (aka the heart breaker) and you will see! The most imortant thing is to dyno before and after on the same dyno. Best option would be in similar conditions, and get a "power added" number. I know a lot of guys go to the highest "reading" dyno just for the sheet. Its just a tool though. We know that here and will take it for what its worth. Now if they ONLY posted after numbers then the next few kits sold would be kinda upset I think. :( I for one am not a fan of the eforce kit, but will be looking forward to seeing how this build turns out!:D Thanks for posting it! :cheers:

I could care less about the numbers and don't really care about them when I'm calibrating. The dyno is my tool to get my calibration done and whatever it makes is for the customers own bragging rights. I tell people if they don't like the numbers they need to start buying more parts!

We do large amount of testing and development work which is why we purchased this particular chassis dyno. I also have relationships with many well noted shops in which we compare numbers all the time off line. We are satisfied our industry numbers are within check.

We did try to get to drag strip today but the South Florida weather didn't work in our favor..because of our schedule we are just going to run it when completed..

Howard

Deezee757 07-12-2012 06:04 AM

Well said! :D I've seem a lot of people go out of their way to get a dyno number up! Pulling of all intake piping or even throwing a bag of ice on the intake manifold! Lol. Its just a tool, and I'm looking forward to the final build!

"if you don't like the numbers, buy more parts!" lmao

Jay@Redline 07-12-2012 08:25 AM

here is the video from the dyno pulls they all average between 420.5 to 424.5

old motorhead 07-12-2012 09:16 AM

Are you going to use a smaller blower pulley than what comes with the kit? Not going to have much boost on a 416 if you don't.

winters97gt 07-12-2012 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by old motorhead (Post 1581295490)
Are you going to use a smaller blower pulley than what comes with the kit? Not going to have much boost on a 416 if you don't.

:iagree: with Rodney. That is going to take a pulley change, possibly maxing out the 2300 to a decent boost out of those cubes. That is a high RWHP number out of a stock car. About 40rwhp more than I have seen, but as mentioned, dynos are just a tool. Nobody races on a dyno. Very interested in the results. :cheers: