CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   COW BOOST AND TUNE 30 day review (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3109730-cow-boost-and-tune-30-day-review.html)

bill K 08-12-2012 01:42 PM

COW BOOST AND TUNE 30 day review

It has been a month with the COW BOOST and Tune and I must say it is the best thing i ever did. it took about a day to adjust to the instant power COW BOOST did for me. Also now I am glad I have an automatic,This car rocks you must feel the difference it is unreal, If you ever get the chance DO IT. AGAIN IT IS A MUST HAVE. PLEASE GET IT. I promise you will not regret it. THANKS CHUCK

Deceptikon 08-12-2012 02:26 PM

BOOST? Did you supercharge it or turbo. Give some details. What were your gains?

peter pan 08-12-2012 03:09 PM

Did mine with Chuckie in person when he visited Houston in Feb and my 6 months review are awesome and our A6 is fun to drive now, oh I asked for more out of my A6, Chuckie sent me a new tune and helped me upload it and it is even better for my driving tastes:rock:

Boba Fett 08-12-2012 06:34 PM

here we go.......

shawn672 08-12-2012 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Deceptikon (Post 1581550732)
BOOST? Did you supercharge it or turbo. Give some details. What were your gains?

What he's referring to is a trick that CoW does to improve throttle response by causing more throttle with less gas pedal depress.

talon90 08-12-2012 07:37 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/3bef95ff.jpg

QUAKEJAKE 08-12-2012 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1581552857)

My absolute all time favorite

Scruff Vette 08-12-2012 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by talon90 (Post 1581552857)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

LucaBrasiAZ 08-12-2012 08:31 PM

here we go again

jpee 08-12-2012 08:59 PM

For the right price I'll post a post on how good the "Booster" is even though I don't have it!!! :D

Boba Fett 08-12-2012 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Guinnessboy (Post 1581553367)
here we go again

stop copying!!!

LucaBrasiAZ 08-12-2012 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by bobafett (Post 1581554527)
stop copying!!!

i said again, gheez :rofl:

Chuck CoW 08-14-2012 02:47 PM

Thank you for your great review!

Originally Posted by bill K (Post 1581550471)
It has been a month with the COW BOOST and Tune and I must say it is the best thing i ever did. it took about a day to adjust to the instant power COW BOOST did for me. Also now I am glad I have an automatic,This car rocks you must feel the difference it is unreal, If you ever get the chance DO IT. AGAIN IT IS A MUST HAVE. PLEASE GET IT. I promise you will not regret it. THANKS CHUCK

Thank you for your great review!

It's a great product and pays you back not only with unmatched performance, but

it's been proven to give most people at least a 3 MPG improvement on the highway.

For those of you who are still confused by all the erroneous posts and nay-sayers banter regarding

THE AMAZING CoW BOOSTER!, let me try and explain it another way.....

In addition to all of the superlative posts and reviews from all of the people who already have CoW BOOSTER!

here's another way to help understand EXACTLY what CoW BOOSTER actually is....

We're all aware that these vehicles have SPEED LIMITERS.....

GM builds the vehicle, and decides based on the tire's speed rating, to LIMIT THE SPEED OF THE VEHICLE.

Then, there's the old familiar RPM or REV LIMITER where the auto manufacturer LIMITS YOUR ENGINE RPM.

And while there are many other "LIMITS" the ECM imposes on the driver, there is

NO BETTER EXAMPLE OF OUTRIGHT CLIPPING OF YOUR ENJOYMENT OF THE VEHICLE THAN THE "THROTTLE LIMITER"

which does what!?!?! LIMITS THE AMOUNT OF THROTTLE YOU'RE ALLOWED TO HAVE.

Now then.... Removing or cutting back TORQUE MANAGEMENT helps with the throttle limiting,

but....ONLY THE CoW BOOSTER! has the ability to change the THROTTLE LIMITER or

MAX ALLOWED THROTTLE angle RELATIVE TO PEDAL POSITION.

Hopefully that makes it a bit easier for some of you to understand....

You press the pedal in your C6 50% and the ECM allows you to ONLY HAVE 5%.

SO, you're asking for the throttle to be open HALF WAY....and they give you a whopping 5%.:ack:

On most vehicles, when you ask for 50% throttle, we give you between 30-35%

Does not sound like enough some might say, but ask anyone who already has CoW BOOSTER!,

It's PLENTY!

The deal is, that there is TONS OF POWER in the LOW and MID range of the throttle,

and that's exactly why they imposed a limiter.....so EVERYONE could handle it....

Some think I've magically created horsepower where there was none, and while it might

feel like that when you drive it, you must remember that ALL C6's have that much power available,

but it's just that when they calibrated the vehicle, they decided to

LIMIT THE AMOUNT OF THROTTLE YOU WERE ALLOWED TO HAVE.

And CoW BOOSTER! fixes it QUITE NICE!

Stay TUNED!
Chuck CoW

hawkgfr 08-14-2012 05:19 PM

I'm sorry...what does it do again and who is Chuck? ;)

If you have a manual and if you match rpms when shifting up and down, the booster makes that easier as well...

It's just fun fun fun..

shawn672 08-14-2012 06:41 PM

It if the pedal is 100% down, it gives you the proper amount of throttle opening, yes? So this only appears that you have more power when the pedal is less than 100%.

I think part of the issue is that every single one of your comments reads like a bad advertisement, one I might see on a commercial at 3am or in the back of a free paper...

Smooth72 08-14-2012 07:39 PM

Why do people who have never experienced something themselves, feel they need to have a negative commit. Or they may have heard from a friend of a friend, or they read a post on another web site that said they heard bad things. I enjoy my tune and cow boost every time I drive it. To all na-sayers, try it, if you don't like it Chuck will remove it and refund your money. Then you will be able to post your a actual experience. There is a good chance if you give it a open minded chance you will be very pleased.

Dif 08-14-2012 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Smooth72 (Post 1581570774)
Why do people who have never experienced something themselves, feel they need to have a negative commit. Or they may have heard from a friend of a friend, or they read a post on another web site that said they heard bad things. I enjoy my tune and cow boost every time I drive it. To all na-sayers, try it, if you don't like it Chuck will remove it and refund your money. Then you will be able to post your a actual experience. There is a good chance if you give it a open minded chance you will be very pleased.

It's because they're driving at 100% throttle all the time and don't need the Booster :smash:

( insert sarcasm icon )

Steve_R 08-14-2012 08:48 PM

I understand how recalibrating the throttle opening can make it more responsive. But I don't understand this claim:

Originally Posted by Chuck CoW (Post 1581568318)
...it's been proven to give most people at least a 3 MPG improvement on the highway.

Can you explain how your "boost" makes a car get 10% better gas mileage? I'm not badmouthing it, I'm genuinely curious.

TIA

boraxman 08-14-2012 08:52 PM

:lurk:

Boba Fett 08-14-2012 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Guinnessboy (Post 1581554904)
i said again, gheez :rofl:

:lol: