CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   M2W - warranty issue? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3112198-m2w-warranty-issue.html)

luvchevs 08-16-2012 10:08 AM

M2W - warranty issue?

Just installed my M2W switch, :thumbs:!
Should I remove this if I take the car to dealer for any warranty work?

Dave

MelAnn 08-16-2012 10:16 AM

The M2W switch should not affect your warranty at all.

If you are concerned, just pull the plug and plug the fuse back in, but that should not be necessary.

dlparsons 08-16-2012 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by luvchevs (Post 1581584039)
Just installed my M2W switch, :thumbs:!
Should I remove this if I take the car to dealer for any warranty work?

Dave

I can't imagine it would be a problem. Heck my sales guy even told me about the M2W switch and showed me how to pull the fuse.

Kenny94945 08-16-2012 01:23 PM

If you are conservative....
Does your warranty issue involve a check engine light, electrical or drive-ability?
I'd vote to remove it.

phileaglesfan 08-16-2012 09:37 PM

Unless you are having a problem with the fuse box then I wouldn't worry about it. My dealer kept asking me how I got my 08 Coupe to sound louder because they couldn't find anything on the car. (Operated by Garage door transmitter).

MKenM 08-16-2012 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan (Post 1581589915)
Unless you are having a problem with the fuse box then I wouldn't worry about it. My dealer kept asking me how I got my 08 Coupe to sound louder because they couldn't find anything on the car. (Operated by Garage door transmitter).

:iagree:

Mine is the same way no problem. Some dealers will install the aftermarket product for people with 10 thumbs.:smash:

mjcourt 08-16-2012 11:26 PM

I put the M2W on my car when I first bought it. I’ve had the check engne light come on twice. I removed the M2W before taking the car into the dealership. Both times they said the code was exhaust related, but couldn’t find a problem. I have 4k miles on the car, so the issue is not too regular, but I’m wondering if the problem is not related to the M2W.

glenB 08-17-2012 06:32 AM

If you're concerned with warranty issues, why did you install it?

Unless the problem is related, there shouldn't be a problem, but then, we aren't the dealer.

Gearhead Jim 08-17-2012 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by glenB (Post 1581592034)
If you're concerned with warranty issues, why did you install it?

Seems like a reasonable question to me.

Speaking only for myself, I think it's possible there could be warranty issues under some circumstances, but it's a small gamble I'm willing to take because the MTW is so nice.

And as mentioned, it's easily removed before going in to get warranty work.

Vette_DD 08-17-2012 07:07 PM

My dealer wanted to see what my installation looked like and how it worked. My 08 coupe has been in for an oil change. new tires, and a wheel alignment since I installed mine. I don't think there's a problem.