CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   C1 restomod remains unsold (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/3164059-c1-restomod-remains-unsold.html)

jimmies63 11-09-2012 06:58 PM

C1 restomod remains unsold

Saw it in person. Great looking car up close.

http://www.collectorcarproductions.c...205&EventID=85

62Jeff 11-09-2012 07:04 PM

Looks like nice workmanship. I've never been a fan of what the kids call the "murdered out look" though.

AZDoug 11-10-2012 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by 62Jeff (Post 1582294230)
Looks like nice workmanship. I've never been a fan of what the kids call the "murdered out look" though.

Reminds of Darth Vader, for some reason.

Car is the wrong color to appeal to many.

Doug

Fawndeuce 11-10-2012 01:02 AM

I saw this car in person at a small country car show in the middle of nowhere this summer, was very surprised to see a car of that type at that show, especially haven apparently been driven there.
The guy left with it before I could speak with him and take a closer look, probably a bit too much black for me, but from what I saw it looked very professionally done.

:cheers:

Paul

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...a67Tor004a.jpg

http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...a67Tor006a.jpg

DZAUTO 11-10-2012 01:36 AM

Absolutely, no question about it, there is a LOT of work and craftsmanship in that car-------------------------but it just isn't for me.

Tom Parsons

Kerrmudgeon 11-10-2012 06:05 AM

He probably shouldn't have chose the Toronto auction. He needs to take it to the "BIG SHOW".....Barret Jackson, to get the media exposure he needs to recover a part of his investment. Some showoff type will buy it. Definitely not everyone's cup of tea, certainly not mine either....too much black!:ack:

Is he the second owner? I thought I saw a black dude wringing it through the cones last year?

Frankie the Fink 11-10-2012 06:15 AM

Seat back humps aren't really executed well and the weird rocker molding feature doesn't mate up well with the classic C1 side coves and too 'blacked out'. Could use a change of wheels.

But, even so, if somebody could snag it for under $50K they prob have one heck of a ride.

fullcontrol 11-10-2012 07:24 AM

Kinda like trying to take a picture of a black dog, all you see is a black blob with two glowing eyes. Unlike the dog, the C1 owner had a choice. :ack:

AZDoug 11-10-2012 10:51 AM

You can't just remove the side chrome from a '61 and earlier and expect it to look good, too slab sided. The '62 lip broke up the slabishness (if that is a word, well, it is now) and could go sans trim, though they added the rocker trim to offset the slabishness. Returning the side rim would go miles to make this car more appealing.

Doug

Fawndeuce 11-10-2012 11:22 AM

I think that the problem may be that it certainly has the look and quality workmanship of a full blown restomod, but it's missing some of the restomod key identifier elements needed these days to get into the restomod big money club.
For instance the blurb says it's on a C3 chassis, not a Street Shop or Newman etc., it has a 350 for power and not the oh so right now for these cars expected LS3 or LS7, it has four wheel disks, but not the huge pizza pan rotors with twenty piston Brembos etc ....
In other words, IMHO it may be stuck in that grey area between "Modified Corvette" and full money restomod.

Paul

Dale002 11-10-2012 08:40 PM

I was not aware a C3 chassis could be used on the C1. I wonder how many body mods he had to accomplished to make it work?

jimmies63 11-10-2012 08:45 PM

I can't quote everyone all at once, but if I could, I would add 'and it remains unsold'.

Glad I didn't buy it!

Fawndeuce 11-10-2012 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by jimmies63 (Post 1582301895)
Glad I didn't buy it!

Just curious, how much do you think he wanted for it?

Paul

wmf62 11-11-2012 02:39 AM

it could look soooo much better if there was just something to break up all that black.
Bill

randybush48 02-07-2013 01:23 AM

do you know

Does anyone out there know who the owner of this car is, and how to get a hold of them? I know the design is a little out there, but it is one of a kind?

Randy

Kerrmudgeon 02-07-2013 07:28 AM

I'd have to guesstimate that the reserve on that is upwards of 100K??:bigears:
Paint it red, with chrome wheels and it would sell. The Darth Vador look has limited appeal. IMHO. :D

INMYBLOOD 02-07-2013 07:42 AM

:ack: what did they do under the hood and trunk

White Monster 02-07-2013 08:30 AM

Nope, just doesn't do it for me.

mark6669 02-07-2013 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Fawndeuce (Post 1582298672)
I think that the problem may be that it certainly has the look and quality workmanship of a full blown restomod, but it's missing some of the restomod key identifier elements needed these days to get into the restomod big money club.
For instance the blurb says it's on a C3 chassis, not a Street Shop or Newman etc., it has a 350 for power and not the oh so right now for these cars expected LS3 or LS7, it has four wheel disks, but not the huge pizza pan rotors with twenty piston Brembos etc ....
In other words, IMHO it may be stuck in that grey area between "Modified Corvette" and full money restomod.

Paul

:iagree:

Ironcross 02-07-2013 05:17 PM

Custom Corvettes

These radical customized Vettes are not for everybody....'whatever' they want to call them...resto or something....nothing restored.. A picture could satisfy most people.........a good customizer can make out like a bandit as they only require body and paint to become one.....Possibly saving thousands of dollars by not using OE or replacement parts a stock Vette would require to bring it back to an original......As you can see from the reviews above, custom Vettes radical or mild are not looked upon as very desirable and with a very limited interest........ Autoramas are filled with custom Vettes going no where........