CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 - Review (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3177724-c7-review.html)

keeks2915 12-05-2012 03:32 PM

C7 - Review

I didn't want this post to get lost in another thread so I am copying it here.

I am not connected to GM in any way and I am not a shill.

I respect everyone's opinion both ways on the partial info that has been released to date. That is what makes the world go round.

Here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJ
Keeks, you have a stellar reputation on this forum so I want to ask: you say the C7 looks drop dead gorgeous (My words, not quoting) in person, right? So what do you think of these pictures? I think these picture show a hideous design. Does the "real" car look that much better? Because I can't see these renders tranferring to a beautiful design.
Talk to me fellow Canadian!

If you are a corvette guy you know that feeling you get when you are alone in the garage just staring at your car. That feeling you get when you are gently washing it caressing all its curves.
That goose bump feeling you get when you pass some slow poke maybe a hair too aggressively.
That feeling you get when you know all eyes are on you when you get out of the car at the corner store.
When that 7 year old boy walking with his mother visually locks on your car screaming at his mother to look as he points at your car with all his focus.
That is the C7 in the flesh....

You will hear crickets on this forum January 14th from the doubters, even more so when they see the first auto transport truck drive by or when the THAT guy in town orders his double double from Tim Horton's right in front of you idling his LT1 with those beautiful tailights.

I will be THAT guy.

FloydSummerOf68 12-05-2012 03:35 PM

It must look a lot better than the pictures then, lol

(It very well might...the pictures just don't impress me or give me a since of longing to own it, and yes, I understand they're renderings at this point).

I'm hoping for the best :)

SanDiegoBert 12-05-2012 03:36 PM

First year of new model.
All new engine.
Temporarily outsourced trans.
Styling?

Best of luck.

larryfdx 12-05-2012 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by keeks2915 (Post 1582494071)

I respect everyone's opinion both ways on the partial info that has been released to date. That is what makes the world go round.

Here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJ
Keeks, you have a stellar reputation on this forum so I want to ask: you say the C7 looks drop dead gorgeous (My words, not quoting) in person, right? So what do you think of these pictures? I think these picture show a hideous design. Does the "real" car look that much better? Because I can't see these renders tranferring to a beautiful design.

If you are a corvette guy you know that feeling you get when you are alone in the garage just staring at your car. That feeling you get when you are gently washing it caressing all its curves.
That goose bump feeling you get when you pass some slow poke maybe a hair too aggressively.
That feeling you get when you know all eyes are on you when you get out of the car at the corner store.
When that 7 year old boy walking with his mother visually locks on your car screaming at his mother to look as he points at your car with all his focus.

You will hear crickets on this forum January 14th from the doubters, even more so when they see the first auto transport truck drive by or when the THAT guy in town orders his double double from Tim Horton's right in front of you idling his LT1 with those beautiful tailights.

I will be THAT guy.

Double-double = double cream and double sugar in American English speak!

Vetteman Jack 12-05-2012 03:47 PM

I'll reserve my judgement for when I actually get to see the car in person, but I do like what I see so far with the exception of the rear end.

rcallen484 12-05-2012 03:52 PM

Here goes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEJ

I will be THAT guy.

Anybody got any tissue?
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

zorasdream 12-05-2012 03:54 PM

The side and front of the car are ok, but gm is gonna make a lot of unhappy potential buyers if the rear of the car looks like a camaro.
Keeks I think this is a bigger issue then you realize. :(

TractionControlOff 12-05-2012 04:11 PM

There was a huge change in styling between '62 and '63. That turned out alright. It happened again for 1968. That turned out alright, too. It changed again for 1984. While many don't like the C4 (I do), that turned out alright as well, especially at the time. The C5 and C6 weren't as drastic changes, so this kind of jump hasn't happened in a while...almost 30 years. I'm sure once we all see the C7, we'll like it. At least 95% of us will.

BeaZt 12-05-2012 04:15 PM

I'm getting one!

Process Black 12-05-2012 04:38 PM

Ed Welburn has been consistently cursing the renderings we've been seeing ever since that first Jalopnik render hit the web saying that some have come close but they lack important details that make or break the design. Being in the design business, I know exactly how he feels.

Check out 47:20 to see one of his reactions.

We have a good idea of what it's going to look like, but there's no way any of us can make a judgement yet.

I'm very much looking forward to see what the team has created and can't wait to be the first kid on my block to have one in their garage.

C7 is going to be the cat's pajamas.

Z_Rocks 12-05-2012 04:39 PM

Man, I can't believe someone has put my inner private feelings in words so perfectly. YOU ARE GOOD MAN! :thumbs:

mitchydkid 12-05-2012 04:41 PM

First, thank you Keeks for all your input.

Second, here are my thoughts, and very few give those any value.
BAD
-I hated the Jalopnik drawings and we all know now those are 9x% accurate. That's our car.
-The design is busy and looks too much like a hacked up, screwed and glued Pep-Boys accessory clad C6.
-I was hoping for something fresh.

GOOD
-Keeks, you give me hope... no.. excitement when you tell us how good the car is.
-Keeks nailed it in this post... describing the joys of driving my Vette. I especially love it when a kid in my neighborhood acquires radar lock and follows with his mouth agape as I drive by.
-If Keeks says the C7 will look great, I am excited that it will. I've always loved the C6, but the C5 was FUGLY when I first saw it in magazines. In real life it made my heart pause... before beating much faster.
-Camaro back end? C'mon, lets get over this already. I'm in total agreement that the pictures I've seen so far are horrible, but I am so tired about hearing about it. Pretty please?
-Even with all its Camaro cues, I bet the real life rear end will be much more aggressive and have strong impact.

John T 12-05-2012 04:50 PM

keeks, When seen in the flesh , does it remind you of the C3 ? Does it have a smaller waist than the C6?

george vee 12-05-2012 04:55 PM

Keeks I'm with you. :cheers:

I put my deposit on my C7 last month.:thumbs:

keeks2915 12-05-2012 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by John T (Post 1582494653)
keeks, When seen in the flesh , does it remind you of the C3 ? Does it have a smaller waist than the C6?

Doesn't really remind me of C3, but the butt is definitely smaller than C6.

MEJ 12-05-2012 05:13 PM

Hey Keeks, I'm wondering: will you reveal how you know so much once the C7 is out? I think a lot of us want to know your connection to the C7.
:canadaflag::D:canadaflag:
Thanks in advance.

John T 12-05-2012 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by keeks2915 (Post 1582494747)
Doesn't really remind me of C3, but the butt is definitely smaller than C6.

Ok, thanks !

Nitrous Oxide 12-05-2012 05:26 PM

I must have missed some posts. So, he's literally seen it "in the flesh"?? I'm not the naive type, but that's exactly the words I'm reading.

keeks2915 12-05-2012 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by MEJ (Post 1582494817)
Hey Keeks, I'm wondering: will you reveal how you know so much once the C7 is out? I think a lot of us want to know your connection to the C7.
:canadaflag::D:canadaflag:
Thanks in advance.

I have no real connection to the c7 corvette.

keeks2915 12-05-2012 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Nitrous Oxide (Post 1582494912)
I must have missed some posts. So, he's literally seen it "in the flesh"?? I'm not the naive type, but that's exactly the words I'm reading.

I'm just like everyone here. I'm sure the actually number who have seen it in the flesh is very small.

I am just making educated guesses....