CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Waiting for the C7 ????? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3192500-waiting-for-the-c7.html)

TheRadioFlyer 01-03-2013 10:41 AM

Hate the body, but Love the motor. 6.2L making 450 with VVT AND direct injection?....and with fuel management!!??? Sounds like I might be needing an engine swap soon :)

jaztec68 01-03-2013 10:54 AM

Not a fan of the watered down C6. I was offered to trade in my C5Z06 for a 2013 GS,but I just cant part with my Z. Salesman rolled his eyes when I told him that I was waiting to see the new look of the C7.If it fails to impress me ,then I'm adding an older GTS viper to my garage.

usgecko 01-03-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by markiemark (Post 1582722830)
Front of the car is simply awesome, modern and definitely fitting in with other modern supercars. The rear is hideous. I really hope they don't go with the Camaro tail lights.

Yep -agreed on both

I'm thinking my C5 Z is looking mighty fine right now

phil hunter 01-03-2013 11:48 AM

Not liking it at all. If this is accurate, I won't be a C7 buyer.

Phil

ZeroToSixty 01-03-2013 11:50 AM

I spoke with a GM powertrain engineer (based in Michigan and with knowledge of the new Corvette) over the holiday break and he said in no uncertain terms, that the C7 will be one of the most beautiful cars you have ever seen. And the rear end will look better than the pictures that are currently out.

He also said that few will be disappointed with the performance or looks,........GM has addressed all past issues,...apparently it will trump every car in its segment, bang for the buck.

JaxEagle 01-03-2013 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin' (Post 1582723603)
Nonsense...what's wrong with C5ers discussing the C7 among themselves? The thread is about what you would do as a C5 owner. If he had posted this in the C7 forum the result would take on a completely different slant.:crazy2:

I agree but I got blasted for discussion out of the appropriate forum when I tried to discuss C7 the other week... lol

JaxEagle 01-03-2013 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by theradioflyer (Post 1582723716)
Hate the body, but Love the motor. 6.2L making 450 with VVT AND direct injection?....and with fuel management!!??? Sounds like I might be needing an engine swap soon :)

That 450 is flywheel HP, correct?

$$$frumnuttin' 01-03-2013 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by JaxEagle (Post 1582724418)
I agree but I got blasted for discussion out of the appropriate forum when I tried to discuss C7 the other week... lol

Yes, I saw that....knee jerk reaction IMHO. :thumbs:

ErMaK 01-03-2013 12:42 PM

I'm really excited about the new C7, but to be honest I have not been too impressed with some of the renderings of the new model. The front is not bad, but the rear just kills it for me. Who knows we can only "guess" as to what its actually going to look like until they reveal it on the 13th. I would really like to see an improved interior. The C6 interior just felt "cheap" to me when compared to the C5. Too much flimsy feeling plastics IMO.

sfc rick 01-03-2013 01:22 PM

I'm excited about the new C7, but alas, I can't afford a new one anyway. By the time it was optioned the way I would want, it would exceed my budget by a wide margin. I'll just have to settle and repower my current C5. BTW, I think my C5 is is awesome anyway.

Johnz02Z06 01-03-2013 02:17 PM

Waiting to see it...yes. To buy it ....no.

I do not think it has changed enough for me to want to go buy one.

Looking at the amount of years between changes it will be a while before the C-8

C1 1953–1962 - 9 years
C2 1963–1967 - 4 years
C3 1968–1982 - 14 years
C4 1984–1996 - 12 years
C5 1997–2004 - 7 years
C6 2005–2013 - 8 years

c5BlackBeauty 01-03-2013 02:24 PM

I love all Corvette's.......but this is disappointing and doesn't make me even consider a move. I may change my mind when I see one in person but I agree with the OP with regards to the Camaro look alike......take a look at the C7 butt.

The C5 remains my choice......

Sinister-one 01-03-2013 02:51 PM

Looks like my 2000 FRC will be with me for a long, long, LONG time !!
I'll make sure she can keep up if not be faster than her newer bretheren with a few mods here and there !! :D

El original 01-04-2013 12:22 AM

Wow, tought crowd!! One really wonders what you guys thought of the new C5 back in '97? I can just see you all saying the same thing about the C5 generation...lol. For me if the renderingings are remotely accurate..well Corvette just reaffirmed my love for the cars. I think it will be a home run!!! Greetings, Rob

sfc rick 01-04-2013 07:08 AM

Like some C5 owners out there it's just a fun game to see what's next in the evolution of the Corvette. It's no big deal performance wise for those of us who already have increased the horsepower to satisfy our adrenalin needs, or installed C6 Z06 suspension, or LS7 clutch components, and also revamped the interior with racing seats and or newer and better entertainment centers. C5's for that matter are still track cars, and supercars at that.

But I love Corvettes(multiple generation owner) and can't wait to see the new C7! I want to see what the designers did with the complete ground floor and up redesign. The Camaro like rearend is only a disappointment from the viewpoint that if given carte blanche to produce the awesome evolution of the flagship......well, if it's Camaro-esque, someone really ****ed up! Even if management wanted it to have a family resemblance....silly, cause that's what badgeing was for since the inception of automobiles.

s'noJob 01-04-2013 07:25 AM

When the C6 came out, I didn't care for the sharp creases and the angular look, specially in the cove area on the front fenders.

The C7 renderings make it look like the car will be more angular yet.

The C2 looks better than the C1, the C3 looks better than the C2, the C4, ehhhhh ... The C5 looks better than the C4 once GM realized their customers like the sleek and curvy lines of the generations prior to the C4.

History may show that the C5 will have been the best looking 'Vette overall (no bias intended.)

Too bad we'll have to wait till the C8 to see curvy lines again.

phrankw 01-04-2013 08:05 AM

Yuck. Put a front license plat on that thing and it'll look like it has buck teeth. lol

Crossroads 01-04-2013 09:40 AM

if that's the look it will be i am disappointed in it, I never was considering buying a C-7 or C-6 as C-5 style still and will always be my favorite body, its the only generation to me that looks in motion sitting still.

But for those buying one, to each his own- like mustang people they will still be pissed when our C5's blow past them

K-Spaz 01-04-2013 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by JaxEagle (Post 1582724444)
That 450 is flywheel HP, correct?

Way back, they were supposed to rate cars "Net", started back in the 70's. I'm not sure today what they do. I don't think it's gross, net, or much more than a good guess in between. I don't think if you time a car through the traps that any of them will make what the manufacturer says they will. HP is nothing more than weight/time. If you stick a new Vette on the lie-detector (dyno), I don't think you'll see 450rwhp. I can tell you the C6 I test drove recently would fail miserably.

ZeroToSixty
I will stay optimistic that you are correct. I really want to walk up to the first one I see in person and say wow, during a whole 360* tour. Time will tell. I'm pretty sure with the skin off, anyone will be impressed.

AlwaysWaves 01-04-2013 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by jol (Post 1582720606)
Like many of you, I've been waiting to see the C7 and holding off buying the 2013 427 Anniverwsary vert until GM finally showed the car.
well....HERE'S THE LATEST POSSIBILITY. A definite cousin of the Camaro:

http://www.insideline.com/chevrolet/...strations.html

:crazy:

I really hope this is just some terrible mistake and that the C7 they roll out won't look like any of the renderings that I've seen. I have only seen a couple though, still I'm not really impressed. I liked the C6 when it came out, not as much as the C5 but I'm biased and that's why I bought a C5 in the first place.