CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Waiting for the C7 ????? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3192500-waiting-for-the-c7.html)

ZeroToSixty 01-04-2013 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by K-Spaz (Post 1582732635)
Way back, they were supposed to rate cars "Net", started back in the 70's. I'm not sure today what they do. I don't think it's gross, net, or much more than a good guess in between. I don't think if you time a car through the traps that any of them will make what the manufacturer says they will. HP is nothing more than weight/time. If you stick a new Vette on the lie-detector (dyno), I don't think you'll see 450rwhp. I can tell you the C6 I test drove recently would fail miserably.

ZeroToSixty
I will stay optimistic that you are correct. I really want to walk up to the first one I see in person and say wow, during a whole 360* tour. Time will tell. I'm pretty sure with the skin off, anyone will be impressed.

This guy could barely contain his enthusiasm about how fantastic the new C7 is going to be and how impressed the Corvette community will be (and conversely how depressed its competitors will be). He watched it testing at Milford (with camouflage on) and stated that it is near C6 Z06 fast right out of the box.

I will not be in the market for a new Corvette (because my C5 has virtually everything I could want in a sports car, (looks, power, performance,........and especially the state of the art, magnetic shocks)............but I want the new car to be a world beater.
According to a guy who has seen it with no wraps on, it is just that,......a world beater. We will all know soon enough.

(and I would consider him a better source than any internet site or car magazine).

MSG C5 01-04-2013 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ZeroToSixty (Post 1582733900)
This guy could barely contain his enthusiasm about how fantastic the new C7 is going to be and how impressed the Corvette community will be (and conversely how depressed its competitors will be). He watched it testing at Milford (with camouflage on) and stated that it is near C6 Z06 fast right out of the box.

I will not be in the market for a new Corvette (because my C5 has virtually everything I could want in a sports car, (looks, power, performance,........and especially the state of the art, magnetic shocks)............but I want the new car to be a world beater.
According to a guy who has seen it with no wraps on, it is just that,......a world beater. We will all know soon enough.

(and I would consider him a better source than any internet site or car magazine).

I hope so. I still think GM is going to surprise us with some design features that may or may not have been leaked. Due to this being the first generation Corvette being released during the social networking era, the security had to be tighter than previous generations so I'm hoping GM was able to work around that as it appears they have controlled the information as much as possible and wondering whether or not the Jalopnik "leak" was deliberate or not.