CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   I pledge not to use the word Tail Light or Camaro.. Take the pledge here (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3195305-i-pledge-not-to-use-the-word-tail-light-or-camaro-take-the-pledge-here.html)

Bill17601 01-07-2013 08:04 PM

I pledge not to use the word Tail Light or Camaro.. Take the pledge here

I promise...:thumbs:

BeaZt 01-07-2013 08:09 PM

I promise.

John T 01-07-2013 08:09 PM

I would like to Bill but I can't commit to that :blueangel: I can never lie ;)

sfc rick 01-07-2013 08:12 PM

No way would I handicap the members.......what if it does actually draw legitimate observations that are justified?

Remember Austin Powers and the "mole"?

BlueOx 01-07-2013 08:16 PM

Well, I just can't. It may become necessary at some point to utter those words. Like if I say...
-Shyt! Those tail lights ARE round!
-Dam! Those tail lights ARE NOT round!
-Duuuuuude! Those tail lights ARE the awesomest Corvette tail lights that ever wanted to be called Corvette tail lights!

..you get the point.

BeaZt 01-07-2013 08:24 PM

I just don't like Cam*ro's...and I won't reference the C7 t*il l*ghts looking like the Cam*ro's..

LOL

DREAMERAK 01-07-2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582762379)
Well, I just can't. It may become necessary at some point to utter those words. Like if I say...
-Shyt! Those tail lights ARE round!
-Dam! Those tail lights ARE NOT round!
-Duuuuuude! Those tail lights ARE the awesomest Corvette tail lights that ever wanted to be called Corvette tail lights!

..you get the point.

Agreed, if i took that oath then i would not be able to say Trans Am C5 either. :lol:

tuxnharley 01-07-2013 08:29 PM

Ah jest cain't does thet - mah bren wood 'splode.................:D

sfc rick 01-07-2013 08:29 PM

Caaamaaarooooo!, camaro!!!!!! Caaaammmaaaarooooo!

zland 01-07-2013 08:30 PM

As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.

BeaZt 01-07-2013 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by zland (Post 1582762539)
As a consumer I can like or dislike anything I want. I find it a bit self righteous for GM to assume I will have to get use to it (taillights). How about they get use to we buy what we like & what is the best product. If I do not like the C7, I won't buy it PERIOD.

So that means you are not taking the pledge?

BlueOx 01-07-2013 08:36 PM

I doubt you will ever hear GM say that...they know you will either buy it or not. They learned that with the C6 headlights.:D
That said, many people did get used to those headlights...

R&L's C6 01-07-2013 08:45 PM

I pledge not to call them Camaro taillights unless....................they actually look like Camaro taillights. :D

BTW is it tail lights or taillights? :hide:

Flex182 01-07-2013 08:46 PM

http://www.brainlesstales.com/images...mise-paper.jpg

Bill17601 01-07-2013 09:09 PM

DOES THIS MEAN YOU WON'T TAKE DE PLEDGE.? Oh my...:woohoo:

TTRotary 01-07-2013 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1582762290)
I promise...:thumbs:

You personally taking an oath is not going to help you when every person who looks at your new C7 is going to ask you about the Camaro tail lights. That awaits you everywhere you go with this car. In every gas station, shopping center lot, at every traffic light you stop with the windows down - people will ask - "those Camaro tail lights - did those come stock or is that rear end an aftermarket kit?" or "did that ricer aftermarket kit with the Camaro taillights come from Taiwan or China" and even if you say it is stock, they won't believe you and will ask where you went to get those "shaved Camaro tail lights"

because to one will believe that any major manufacturer design team would slap such a hideous rear end on a car like the Corvette.

Just sayin... get ready because it's a comin. Maybe you can just post an informational FAQ placard on the car. Better yet, cover the rear end with it. Maybe GM will offer a permanent camo panel option to hide their clusterf*ck. :ack::ack:

Racer 01-07-2013 09:13 PM

I will be SO disappointed if you don't like it. :(

Racer 01-07-2013 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by TTRotary (Post 1582762973)
You personally taking an oath is not going to help you when every person who looks at your new C7 is going to ask you about the Camaro tail lights. That awaits you everywhere you go with this car. In every gas station, shopping center lot, at every traffic light you stop with the windows down - people will ask - "those Camaro tail lights - did those come stock or is that rear end an aftermarket kit?" or "did that ricer aftermarket kit with the Camaro taillights come from Taiwan or China" and even if you say it is stock, they won't believe you and will ask where you went to get those "shaved Camaro tail lights"

because to one will believe that any major manufacturer design team would slap such a hideous rear end on a car like the Corvette.

Just sayin... get ready because it's a comin. Maybe you can just post an informational FAQ placard on the car. Better yet, cover the rear end with it. Maybe GM will offer a permanent camo panel option to hide their clusterf*ck. :ack::ack:

I bet people will be oohing and awing in admiration. :cool: Just sayin'.

Jawnathin 01-07-2013 09:21 PM

I prom...Camaro.

Dammit!

BeaZt 01-07-2013 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by TTRotary (Post 1582762973)

Do you pledge not to post until you honor your bet with Keeks? LOL