CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 looks like Crud, what is GM thinking ????? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3195502-c7-looks-like-crud-what-is-gm-thinking.html)

c7rvette 01-08-2013 07:36 AM

C7 looks like Crud, what is GM thinking ?????

Hi gang....just showed a friend pics of the jalponik C7, and went over more pics of the new vette which have been all over the place....and I just cant help but feel that they messed up big time, its really unfortunate that this is the best they could do. What could possibly be the new car, just looks like a cheap ferrari. Almost all the feedback I get regarding the rear end is it looks like a Camaro, plus base power is less that the of theCamaro also? It just seems like it just doesnt live up to the Vette name, or standards that we have come to expect. The interior C4 copy also looks like crud. It was also pointed out to me that if the car is going to be reasonably priced, in a fiew years it probably just crash in value and be super cheap....what do you guys think, please tell me how wrong I am. :crazy::crazy::crazy: Is it just me that thinks this car just doesnt compare to something like the Nissan GTR, cause I would buy that in a heartbeat over this cheap ferrari look a like.

BlueOx 01-08-2013 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by c7rvette (Post 1582765416)
Hi gang....just showed a friend pics of the jalponik C7, and went over more pics of the new vette which have been all over the place....and I just cant help but feel that they messed up big time, its really unfortunate that this is the best they could do. What could possibly be the new car, just looks like a cheap ferrari. Almost all the feedback I get regarding the rear end is it looks like a Camaro, plus base power is less that the of theCamaro also? It just seems like it just doesnt live up to the Vette name, or standards that we have come to expect. The interior C4 copy also looks like crud. It was also pointed out to me that if the car is going to be reasonably priced, in a fiew years it probably just crash in value and be super cheap....what do you guys think, please tell me how wrong I am. :crazy::crazy::crazy: Is it just me that thinks this car just doesnt compare to something like the Nissan GTR, cause I would buy that in a heartbeat over this cheap ferrari look a like.

Let's see...Ferrari look a like, Camaro, C4 copy, yup you hit it all. Don't buy one.:lol:

c7rvette 01-08-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582765447)
Let's see...Ferrari look a like, Camaro, C4 copy, yup you hit it all. Don't buy one.:lol:

yup, if I want a cheap ferrari, I will know where to go!!:thumbs:

danziger 01-08-2013 07:46 AM

Sounds like you'd be better off with the Nissan. :cheers:

JerriVette 01-08-2013 07:50 AM

I look forward to seeing the real corvette on 1/132013 to decide for myself....

Good luck!

mcandrew67 01-08-2013 07:53 AM

Love all these "I saw pictures all over and I hate it" when in fact there isn't a single complete uncovered picture availabel to see....
I haven't participated much in any of these C7 discussions, because until I actually see one, I have no clue if I like it or not.
You need to take these renderings (and so many versions) with a grain of salt.
If I like it and it's a VetcamRari I will probably buy one.:thumbs:

capevettes 01-08-2013 07:54 AM

I wouldn't use the Nissan GTR as the standard in styling excellence. Great performer but aesthetically deprived IMO. Looking a bit like a Ferrari is not such a bad thing. While I was expecting a more revolutionary design for the C7, I think it will be a Corvette we will all be proud of in both appearance and performance. We just need to see it in the flesh. I don't dislike what I've seen so far.

rcallen484 01-08-2013 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by danziger (Post 1582765458)
Sounds like you'd be better off with the Nissan. :cheers:

:iagree: With the megaphone muffler, purple wheel well lights, and sub woofer with a magnet the weighs more than your engine :rock: :rock:

FrankLP 01-08-2013 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by c7rvette (Post 1582765452)

Oxymoron :D

BeaZt 01-08-2013 08:05 AM

Jalopnik C7 you should have shown your friend the Chevrolet C7. Oh we've not seen it yet.

Chicago1 01-08-2013 08:27 AM

Go away and set yourself on fire. :thumbs:

Bill17601 01-08-2013 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by c7rvette (Post 1582765452)

Darn. I was going to buy a new C7 until I read this thread.. Hey where do I go to buy that cheap Ferrari? The one I have now cost a fortune. :smash:

jimmyb 01-08-2013 08:34 AM

Let's not forget that the "pics" of the C7 also caused:

1. Climate change
2. Spotted Owl habitat loss
3. Rain forest de-forestation
4. Fiscal cliff
5. Enron
6. All social ills

I wanted to get my pithy comments in before this baby gets locked.

Jimmy

Aozora 01-08-2013 08:39 AM

I'd like to see these pics you "Went over."

"Looks like a Ferarri." Is not a bad thing, try again.

..Base power is not known, just that it will be over 450hp and also, who cares?? If you want HP buy the new mustang. The Camaro is a muscle car and has more HP than the c6 Z06...
The two cars look nothing alike, not even the rear end in some of the better "renderings." So get your eyes checked.

The interior?? Really?? From what I've seen it looks bad ass, other than the pencil drawing which, tells you nothing about anything.
The seats look great, inside resembles a cockpit that seems very pilot friendly. I an betting the interior will be a show stopper.

And lastly, the GT:R is a great car but is lacking seriously in the looks department, I saw one yesterday and pointed it out to my wife. You know what she said? Absolutely nothing..it practically looks like every other Nissan in the road. It's a turd, and you can bet the z06 variant of the c7 or possibly even the base c7 with performance options will give it a run for its money and for less money.

That's all.

Z06Fiend 01-08-2013 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Chicago1 (Post 1582765664)

:rofl:

Jet Streaming 01-08-2013 08:40 AM

The design of C7 is very puzzling for sure. Not only do we get Camaro rear styling but we also get a 90s throwback C4 dash design. Strange thats all I can say.

Hirohawa 01-08-2013 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by Chicago1 (Post 1582765664)

:iagree:

pittperson 01-08-2013 08:45 AM

Ahhh, personal preferences. Aren't they great?

GmdVT 01-08-2013 08:46 AM

You can thank Obama's war on round taillights

ATC399 01-08-2013 08:51 AM

anotherclickwasted....