CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 - Love It or Leave It - Sick of the Haters (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3201105-c7-love-it-or-leave-it-sick-of-the-haters.html)

hey32g 01-16-2013 02:48 PM

C7 - Love It or Leave It - Sick of the Haters

There are a great number of designers and engineers that have put their life's work into bringing us a beautiful, potent car at an affordable price. Whether people like their product or not, they should be shown some gratitude and respect. Some comments I have seen on this forum are ridiculous.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but geez give it a rest. I hate Mustangs, but I don't spend my day bashing them and belly-aching about them. I ignore them.

Sorry, I'm sure I'll get flamed, but get over it - move on.....

BMadden 01-16-2013 03:07 PM

News flash: It's an opinion forum, not a love-in. People are going to have differing opinions and this is where they get discussed. Perhaps you're the one who should "get over it".

Racer 01-16-2013 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582854160)
News flash: It's an opinion forum, not a love-in. People are going to have differing opinions and this is where they get discussed. Perhaps you're the one who should "get over it".

No, he's right, some of this has gone beyond discussion.

Bill17601 01-16-2013 03:08 PM

I really hate that there is no gas cap. Really? Whose idea was that?

Aozora 01-16-2013 03:14 PM

Couldn't agree more.

The reply from the haters (there's that word again) will probably be "I am entitled to my opinion".

Well, your opinion stinks, haters! We are tired of it! Show a little respect for what's been accomplished. The c7 is one of the most subjectively beautiful Corvettes and Objectively best performing base model Corvettes ever produced.
If you think otherwise and feel the need to iterate so please take it somewhere else.

This car is going to turn heads, be envied and win races for a budget price. Enough said.

RogerC6 01-16-2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by hey32g (Post 1582853925)
There are a great number of designers and engineers that have put their life's work into bringing us a beautiful, potent car at an affordable price. Whether people like their product or not, they should be shown some gratitude and respect. Some comments I have seen on this forum are ridiculous.

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but geez give it a rest. I hate Mustangs, but I don't spend my day bashing them and belly-aching about them. I ignore them.

Sorry, I'm sure I'll get flamed, but get over it - move on.....

This is a forum, and people have opinions, not everyone will like the car, I was one that was eagerly waiting sold my C6 to get the 7 and Im totally disappointed, and I have pointed out all the flaws that GM PROMISED it would solve, and didn't, that does not make me a hater, I love the car and I expected better, and I like many others have the right to say it in this forum and interchange opinions, if you can't handle it........
If you think this topic is going away soon, I got news for you , it only just begun, I think you should ignore it and go on.

Aozora 01-16-2013 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1582854160)

Called that.

Racer 01-16-2013 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by RogerC6 (Post 1582854291)
This is a forum, and people have opinions, not everyone will like the car, I was one that was eagerly waiting sold my C6 to get the 7 and Im totally disappointed, and I have pointed out all the flaws that GM PROMISED it would solve, and didn't, that does not make me a hater, I love the car and I expected better, and I like many others have the right to say it in this forum and interchange opinions, if you can't handle it........
If you think this topic is going away soon, I got news for you , it only just begun, I think you should ignore it and go on.

No, what makes you a hater is you now have probably went from just the tailights you didn't like to pretty much everything in every thread. Oh yes, you are a hater.
Haters gonna hate!

Aozora 01-16-2013 03:21 PM

So you're just going to whine about what you feel is wrong with the car until you buy one? Or do you think GM will hear your moaning and give you what you want? :crazy:

Haters gonna hate!

BWF07 01-16-2013 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aozora (Post 1582854279)
Couldn't agree more.

The reply from the haters (there's that word again) will probably be "I am entitled to my opinion".

Well, your opinion stinks, haters! We are tired of it! Show a little respect for what's been accomplished. The c7 is one of the most subjectively beautiful Corvettes and Objectively best performing base model Corvettes ever produced.
If you think otherwise and feel the need to iterate so please take it somewhere else.

This car is going to turn heads, be envied and win races for a budget price. Enough said.

I have a few issue with the C7, but I don't hate the car, but I guess based on what I have read on the forum, is I must be a hater, because I don't say that I LOVE this CAR. IT is the BEST that GM has EVER produced.

As far as opinions go, maybe it is your opinion that stinks. Why should people that have an issue with a few item on the C7 be the ones that need to go. So the design staff spent a lot of time on the C7. Does not mean that it is the greatest car produced. There have been a lot of different car design teams that spent years designing a new model that turned out to be a failure.

You need to get over it and accept the fact that everyone does not think like you. Can you imagine what this world would be like if we all had to follow what a certain select group like or said?

jschindler 01-16-2013 03:25 PM

Funny, but there are more people complaining about the complainers than there are actual complainers about the car. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the third thread about the subject. I think some folks need to learn to take the good with the bad and vice/versa. Nothing wrong with people stating what they don't like. Forums should be able to share opinions on both sides.

Racer 01-16-2013 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by jschindler (Post 1582854417)
Funny, but there are more people complaining about the complainers than there are actual complainers about the car. In fact, I'm pretty sure this is the third thread about the subject. I think some folks need to learn to take the good with the bad and vice/versa. Nothing wrong with people stating what they don't like. Forums should be able to share opinions on both sides.

Wrong. Come on Jim, that answer is dumb. Two words
Taillight threads. Nuff said.

tuxnharley 01-16-2013 03:28 PM

:iagree: this, +1

Racer 01-16-2013 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by BWF07 (Post 1582854406)
I have a few issue with the C7, but I don't hate the car, but I guess based on what I have read on the forum, is I must be a hater, because I don't say that I LOVE this CAR. IT is the BEST that GM has EVER produced.

As far as opinions go, maybe it is your opinion that stinks. Why should people that have an issue with a few item on the C7 be the ones that need to go. So the design staff spent a lot of time on the C7. Does not mean that it is the greatest car produced. There have been a lot of different car design teams that spent years designing a new model that turned out to be a failure.

You need to get over it and accept the fact that everyone does not think like you. Can you imagine what this world would be like if we all had to follow what a certain select group like or said?

An opinion is one thing, repetitive complaints about EVERYTHING or in every thread is haters,
haters gonna hate. :yesnod:

jschindler 01-16-2013 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Aozora (Post 1582854279)
Couldn't agree more.

Respect works both ways. BTW, have you driven one yet? I mean, you are saying it's Objectively best performing base model Corvettes ever produced.

I'm sure it will be, but for you to make a statement like that about a car that literally nobody outside of GM has driven doesn't really make a lot of sense, now does it? I'm sure the Viper boys thought the same thing about the new Viper until they went 0 for 2 against an aging ZR1 in two different magazine tests.

Racer 01-16-2013 03:31 PM

Oh and since you have sold your Vette, I have seen a marked change in your love of the Vette, and I am not just talking about the C7. Interesting.

capecodvette 01-16-2013 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1582854442)
Wrong. Come on Jim, that answer is dumb. Two words
Taillight threads. Nuff said.

:iagree::iagree::iagree::hide::iagree:

Dif 01-16-2013 03:31 PM

In support of the OP, I think it's more about the large percentage of negative opinions being expressed and not that we shouldn't post.

IMO, it's a case of "be careful what you wish for" ;)

Being that the C6 is 9 years old in design, there's always been talk of when are we going to see an improved interior and more modern design, etc etc etc.
Well,..now we have it and apparently a lot of people think it should have looked more like what we already had in the C6, but different.
You know like, we want something different but, sorta the same :lol:

It is what it is love it or hate it and here to stay.
I just think it needs to grow on people more because it is Totally changed.
Nothing like the difference between when the C6 came out comparing it to the C5.

I personally like everything about it, but that's just My Opinion ;) :cheers:

DREAMERAK 01-16-2013 03:33 PM

you have your opinon, and we have the opinion that your full of it, get used to it because we are not going anywhere.

tuxnharley 01-16-2013 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK (Post 1582854514)
you have your opinon, and we have the opinion that your full of it, get used to it because we are not going anywhere.

Irresistible force, meet immovable object................:willy: