CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Serious question about c7 designers... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3204155-serious-question-about-c7-designers.html)

HyperX 01-21-2013 10:46 AM

Serious question about c7 designers...

Does anyone know if the Pontiac Aztek designers ended up on the c7 design team? Honest question.

Zymurgy 01-21-2013 10:50 AM

No, the Aztek team actually designed the round taillights on the C6.

:willy:

BlueOx 01-21-2013 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Zymurgy (Post 1582901608)
No, the Aztek team actually designed the round taillights on the C6.

:willy:

:rofl:

Mike Mercury 01-21-2013 10:58 AM

Dave Hill was the lead person behind the Cadillac Allante. I attribute that to the blandness of the base C6. It wasn't necessarily a bland car out amongst traffic; but as a Corvette - I thought it was mediocre.

Though the GS' extra with IMO improved the looks drastically. :yesnod:

HyperX 01-21-2013 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mike Mercury (Post 1582901679)
Dave Hill was the lead person behind the Cadillac Allante. I attribute that to the blandness of the base C6. It wasn't necessarily a bland car out amongst traffic; but as a Corvette - I thought it was mediocre.

Though the GS' extra with IMO improved the looks drastically. :yesnod:

I agree! My first c6 was a base one and my immediate wish was that it looked like a z06. I ended up with the z06 more for looks than performance.

Snorman 01-21-2013 11:04 AM

I'm sure this will be locked soon enough.
S.

I Bin Therbefor 01-21-2013 11:06 AM

Yes

Originally Posted by HyperX (Post 1582901558)
Does anyone know if the Pontiac Aztek designers ended up on the c7 design team? Honest question.

Peters who was the lead on the Aztek has worked his way up the chain in GM design. He had a great amount of influence on both the Camaro and the Corvette. There's a video somewhere showing him explaining that the "Corvetteness" of the tail lights lies in their relationship as placed on the rear and not on them being round. Perhaps some one can direct you to it. There is also a video somewhere where he is explaining the Camaro styling.
In addition, he is responsible for the double gill on the C6 GS. :cheers:

HyperX 01-21-2013 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1582901728)
S.

This is not meant to be a slam. I just wanted to know who designed the Aztek and the c7 and see if there is at least one name in common.

Mike Mercury 01-21-2013 11:12 AM

Does the C7 remind you of your Aztek ?

:)

Snorman 01-21-2013 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by HyperX (Post 1582901751)
This is not meant to be a slam. I just wanted to know who designed the Aztek and the c7 and see if there is at least one name in common.

I doubt that.
And like I said...this will be locked soon enough.
S.

alanhang 01-21-2013 11:19 AM

No it is just a moronic comment on what is a fabulous looking car.

arkus 01-21-2013 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1582901728)
S.

I agree

It shouldn't be locked .
How else will GM know how people really feel about their product if people can't post without fear of attack or being banned .
Is the C7 section supposed to be just A big love fest with no opposing views ?
It should be a free open discussion with both sides being heard .

Stop censoring the negative posts.

They will die of natural causes . The car just came out , lets hear what they have to say .
I like to hear both sides .

alanhang 01-21-2013 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1582901624)
:rofl:

Very good come back.well done

BlueOx 01-21-2013 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by arkus (Post 1582901880)
I agree

It shouldn't be locked .
How else will GM know how people really feel about their product if people can't post without fear of attack or being banned .
It should be a free open discussion with both sides being heard .

Stop censoring the negative posts.

They will die of natural causes . The car just came out , lets hear what they have to say .
I like to hear both sides .

Tell ya what...go snivel about the C6 and all the other generations on their forums and then come back and show us the links. Makes just as much sense.

The C7 is out and it isn't going to change because you want to continue the useless whining. The very idea that anyone brings up the Aztek in a C7 Forum is just to insult the C7 design team and don't try to pretend it isn't.

arkus 01-21-2013 11:33 AM

Dont be offended , no one has a C7 yet . When people start buying them then thats another story .
The car just came out and there are discussions about it .

How many vettes have you owned or own BLUE OX ?

Mike Mercury 01-21-2013 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by arkus (Post 1582901880)

It shouldn't be locked .

the debate of the C7 is over... at least with GM; it ended 1-13-13. The best way today to get them a totally negative review of the entire car is to write them a letter.

the only threads being targeted are troll threads. Those are ones with complete negativity about the entire car... not just parts of the design.

I don't know if this one is one or not; but if the OP wanted to know the names and origins of the C7 exterior design team; then that would of been the actual question (without the need for the the Aztek reference).

BlueOx 01-21-2013 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by arkus (Post 1582902022)
Dont be offended , no one has a C7 yet . When people start buying them then thats another story .

How many vettes have you owned or own BLUE OX ?

It is just as stupid to whine about the design of the C6. Are you over there doing that? Peters was involved heavily with that generation also.

I own one...so what?

arkus 01-21-2013 11:39 AM

Whats wrong with "complete negativity about the entire car" threads ?

I really wanted the c7 to be a big success . Ive been driving them for over 30 years and have purchased about 20 of them .

From what ive seen and read so far it falls short .

Even as a young boy I was involved in vettes.
My father owned Corvette Shops for many years .

Mike Mercury 01-21-2013 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by arkus (Post 1582902022)

A paid order is the same as being an current owner, in my view. There are plenty of people that have already stated they have a C7 on order. There are real Corvette enthusiasts now attached to the C7; they are just waiting delivery.

There's no need to go into the C6 section and speak negatively about the entire car. If someone did that, they'd immediately be called a troll and the thread locked.

Why (now one week after the design was made official - and with C7's on order) should it be any different in this section ?

Bill17601 01-21-2013 11:40 AM

I call this finding fly sh!t in pepper.. Everyone has a right to their opinion. That is mine.