CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   You choose my next mod! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3214015-you-choose-my-next-mod.html)

keith954 02-07-2013 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by vig1116 (Post 1583055272)
Keith, I already have the armrest/console from corvette mods, black with red stitching. You think the other items from dsvettes are worth it?? I'm talking about the auto shifter and boot and the ebrake handle and boot....

Honestly I'd get something to make the car faster or get an exterior mod that everyone can see/ hear. If it was me I'd get exhaust. I was at a local car show/ cruise night when my car had stock exhaust. A buddy saw me and said rev it up a little, I did but was kind of embarrassed on how quiet the car was. I now have B&B PRT's and people turn their head when I idle by :D

dvilin 02-07-2013 07:42 AM

I would not spend the money on the E-brake and Auto Boot. If you do not already have a set of lloyds Mats or Cargo mat, I would get those and have a few bucks left over.

vig1116 02-07-2013 08:14 AM

i definitely like all the ideas coming, thank you! So far i'm leaning away from the dsvette stuff because i'm thinking several hundred dollars for red stitching is a waste of money. If i was changing from ebony leather to red leather that would be different.... I have the stock muffler mod done for a couple of months and i like it for now, i'm thinking i'll get a corsa at carlisle this year ;) so thats out for now. I'm leaning now towards lloyds mats and put the rest towards more tunes, not just the booster for pedal response.... I would LOVE to get performance mods, but i really dont need more HP because i'll never track this car and to put headers, cam, supercharger on my car is just asking for trouble, plus way too much money to put in to a car i pray to trade in on a newer one in the next few years.... (i totally contradict myself all the time because as i'm writing that last sentence i'm thinking to myself, you say that every day yet you spent $5k on mods in the last 5 months....)

JW Motorsports 02-07-2013 08:49 AM

Since you're looking for a tuner, check out the InTune. We have specials on those :thumbs:

LFZ 02-07-2013 09:20 AM

For the money and hassle it would be to order that stuff from DSV....I'd rather buy the GM boots and knobs-ebony with red stitching. Very reasonably priced and you can get them pretty quick from GM Parts House or PartsTaxi.

ATC399 02-07-2013 09:23 AM

Get some restraint...you asked

vig1116 02-07-2013 04:32 PM

sorry i havnt replied, dealing with ford truck problems and its taking up most of my last 2 days..... yes i need restraint, but im addicted!!! lol

berk4422 02-07-2013 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by vig1116 (Post 1583056827)
i definitely like all the ideas coming, thank you! So far i'm leaning away from the dsvette stuff because i'm thinking several hundred dollars for red stitching is a waste of money. If i was changing from ebony leather to red leather that would be different.... I have the stock muffler mod done for a couple of months and i like it for now, i'm thinking i'll get a corsa at carlisle this year ;) so thats out for now. I'm leaning now towards lloyds mats and put the rest towards more tunes, not just the booster for pedal response.... I would LOVE to get performance mods, but i really dont need more HP because i'll never track this car and to put headers, cam, supercharger on my car is just asking for trouble, plus way too much money to put in to a car i pray to trade in on a newer one in the next few years.... (i totally contradict myself all the time because as i'm writing that last sentence i'm thinking to myself, you say that every day yet you spent $5k on mods in the last 5 months....)

:rofl::rofl::rofl: Oh Brother - you are on the forum, it is only a matter of time. When i got my Vette I said the same exact thing... get a baseline Dyno, trust me...

Bedouin 02-08-2013 03:48 PM

Vig1116, get yourself an Elite Engineering catch can for $160. Seriously.

I was a nay-sayer until I saw the pool of oil in my intake manifold (take a look, you'll see), & then researched the engine knock & timing-retard it causes, not to mention dirty valves, pistons, etc. Wonder why the back of your car has black soot after every drive...or why your tail pipes always get so black?

I only wish I'd installed a CC when new, not for cosmetics but for a clean, healthy motor. -just my .02

vig1116 02-08-2013 04:06 PM

maybe i'll get a tune and catch can and put the rest towards corsa sports at carlisle this year.. :rock: decisions, decisions.

Don-Vette 02-08-2013 06:10 PM

Headers

Hi flo cats

cat back of your choice

CAI

dyno tune

ZR1 spoiler

:thumbs: