CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 and C6 issue (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3214915-c7-and-c6-issue.html)

Achmed 02-08-2013 01:55 PM

C7 and C6 issue

I saved a bunch of the C7 photos on my hard drive in various colours and angles, and browse through them sometimes to help decide which colour and package I should get.

Just now out of curiosity I went through my old C6 folder with pics of different C6's in various colours and angles and thought - wow the C6 is starting to look dated already. It doesn't look old but just not that great anymore.

What do you guys think?

Zymurgy 02-08-2013 01:57 PM

I've already stated in several threads that I thought the C7 has made the C6 look dated (and I own a C6). I have my deposit down with a forum dealer to order my C7 when GM starts taking orders. I'll be selling my C6.

millpond 02-08-2013 02:01 PM

The C6 does look dated compared to the C7, but is still good looking.

-CM- 02-08-2013 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by millpond (Post 1583068959)
The C6 does look dated compared to the C7, but is still good looking.

It is still good-looking, but mostly on the outside. I'm most looking forward to the C7's much improved interior.

BMadden 02-08-2013 02:11 PM

Hasn't this topic been beaten to death in a million other threads already? It's being posted in the C7 section so naturally most people here are going to say the C6 looks dated. Post the same topic in the C6 section and most there will say it still looks a lot better than the C7.

Personally, I don't own a C6 so I have no horse in this race, but I don't think the Z06/ZR1/GS widebody versions look dated at all. I've never been a big fan of the base car so I'm not going to say it still looks great, but I honestly think the widebody C6 is a better looking design than what I've seen of the C7 so far and it's mainly due to the horrendous rear end. :ack:

Boomer111 02-08-2013 02:15 PM

Always needing the latest and greatest is a fruitless endeavor.

I will enjoy the C6 just as much as before the introduction of the C7.

At leas till my harmonic balancer takes a wobble for the worse.

not08crmanymore 02-08-2013 02:19 PM

Oh please.The C6 looks no more dated then last years Ferrari.I would even venture to say It's better looking in many ways.The C7,with all it's sharp angles will be dated much quicker then it's older brother.I like all Vettes so I'm not bashing the C7 here,but please,it's not the be all and end all in the looks department.It's borderline ugly.

BWF07 02-08-2013 02:30 PM

Funny. a negative comment on the C6 that has been stated before and the post goes on.

Achmed 02-08-2013 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by BMadden (Post 1583069041)
Hasn't this topic been beaten to death in a million other threads already? It's being posted in the C7 section so naturally most people here are going to say the C6 looks dated. Post the same topic in the C6 section and most there will say it still looks a lot better than the C7.Personally, I don't own a C6 so I have no horse in this race, but I don't think the Z06/ZR1/GS widebody versions look dated at all. I've never been a big fan of the base car so I'm not going to say it still looks great, but I honestly think the widebody C6 is a better looking design than what I've seen of the C7 so far and it's mainly due to the horrendous rear end. :ack:

The difference is, posters on the C6 forum own a C6. Posters on the C7 forum do not own a C7 since it's not yet for sale. Therefore, the C7 forum is not biased like the C6 forum. And since the majority of posters on the unbiased form agree the C6 is looking at least a bit dated - conclusion is that I am correct :smash:

jaztec68 02-08-2013 02:53 PM

Dated! How do you think I feel with my ancient C5Z06? I bought it last year,because I was tired of waiting for the C7. C6 was out of the question since I thought the C5Z06 was a better looking car:hide: Yes I can afford either car, but it looks like I will be adding the C7 after the bugs are worked out. No flames Guy's cause I would take a C6Z06 if the damn C7 did'nt look so awesome in that cyber gray with aftermarket rims:rock:

BMadden 02-08-2013 02:54 PM

I don't believe for one second that the C7 forum is unbiased. I would say the majority of people posting here are doing so because they like the C7 and/or will be buying one. Those individuals are completely biased in favor of the C7 and therefore your conclusion is far from correct.

alanhang 02-08-2013 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Achmed (Post 1583068898)
I saved a bunch of the C7 photos on my hard drive in various colours and angles, and browse through them sometimes to help decide which colour and package I should get.

Just now out of curiosity I went through my old C6 folder with pics of different C6's in various colours and angles and thought - wow the C6 is starting to look dated already. It doesn't look old but just not that great anymore.

What do you guys think?

it looks dated beside the new car, and when the new ones come out, it will prbably fall further in value. But over the years its value will come back up to a certain extent. But im thinking that the true collectible will be the zr1. It was vastly superior to the zo6. But I think for the short term even the zr1 will drop further in value to its present asking prices.

alanhang 02-08-2013 03:03 PM

What do you guys think?

it looks dated beside the new car, and when the new ones come out, it will prbably fall further in value. But over the years its value will come back up to a certain extent. But im thinking that the true collectible will on be the zr1. It was vastly superior to the zo6. But I think for the short term even the zr1 will drop further in value to its present asking prices after the new one is out.

alanhang 02-08-2013 03:06 PM

However I think dated is a relative term. Yes, the ferrari 360 modena looks dated compared to the 458 italia. the Modena is all rounded and smooth. The 458 and the f12 are much edgier like the c7. But, and this is a big but. When I see a modena in traffic, it still looks damn good, like the c5 and c6 in all their forms. I always look at them as they go by. Doesnt everyone here?

alanhang 02-08-2013 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by alanhang (Post 1583069533)
However I think dated is a relative term. Yes, the ferrari 360 modena looks dated compared to the 458 italia. the Modena is all rounded and smooth. The 458 and the f12 are much edgier like the c7. But, and this is a big but. When I see a modena in traffic, it still looks damn good, like the c5 and c6 in all their forms. I always look at them. Doesnt everyone here?

here is the "dated" and rounded ferrari 360 in my favorite color of ice blue. So dated, and I love it to this day. Looks great like the c6 is great also.

Bill17601 02-08-2013 03:51 PM

:grouphug:I was dated until I got married. I was young so I wasn't upset about that. Now I am over 60 I am back to being dated. However I have never met a Corvette that I would consider dated. The only thing that has less value as it gets older is humans. Heck even Corvette thinks that.
But the beauty of the c1's, the really sharp C2's, the snarky Sharks c3's , just starting to be appreciated C4. C5's will always be historic for their unique engineering. C6's brought 505 HP light weight Z06, super charged super cars, and the amazing wide body GS. None of those cars are dated just different then the C7. But what do I know I am to old to be rational.

:grouphug:

NW94Z 02-08-2013 03:56 PM

What do you guys think?

You said the C6 looks dated (old) but that it doesn't look "old" just not great. I'm confused. Does the C6 just not look good anymore because a car (a relatively static object) can go from looking good to bad as it ages? Or did it never really look good and the C7 makes that clear now?

HollywoodC7 02-08-2013 03:58 PM

What do you guys think?

bingo bingo you and i are doing the same thing i totally agree

NW94Z 02-08-2013 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by alanhang (Post 1583069494)
it looks dated beside the new car, and when the new ones come out, it will prbably fall further in value. But over the years its value will come back up to a certain extent. But im thinking that the true collectible will be the zr1. It was vastly superior to the zo6. But I think for the short term even the zr1 will drop further in value to its present asking prices.

That is some funny ****.

RedC7AZ 02-08-2013 04:11 PM

The C7 makes the C6 look dated, just as much as the C6 made the C5 look dated.

This should not be a shock to anyone. If the new generation did not make the last generation look dated, then GM would be in big trouble.