CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   [Z06] Modify stock exaust (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3218954-modify-stock-exaust.html)

crowdog 02-15-2013 04:33 PM

Modify stock exaust

Looking for some info on modifying the stock exhaust on my 04 Z who has done it and what was the results, better sound? increased airflow any drone at highway cruising speed? thanks fellas.

z06Maniac 02-15-2013 10:03 PM

I just did it and the results are awesome! It's called the ti-mod or the ti-bypass (search on those). You order the tubing from Titanium Joe. Then you find someone to do the welding for you That's the toughest part, finding some who knows what they're doing to weld titanium. I have a cam. Couldn't really hear it well before the mod. Now you can hear that wonderful lope at idle. Cruise is close to stock, which is what I wanted. Sounds great when you lean into it. Didn't cost much for the tubing. I sold what I didn't use. Welding was really reasonable. You can't beat this mod for the money compared to what you pay for a decent aftermarket system, and this was exactly what I wanted.

YeloZ06 02-16-2013 02:58 AM

I swapped it all out. I have LG Super Pro longtube offroad headers that were ceramic coated inside and out , I removed the cats added an x-pipe and have a Billy Boat Bullet exhaust. My Z06 is an 02. It's been supercharged and has other mods. It's loud as hell and I love it! No emissions here in Hawaii.

crowdog 02-16-2013 11:06 AM

Thanks Maniac I will do a Ti-bypass search. This mod makes sense to me the stock exhaust is light and durable and the cost is minimal, I'm guessing not much in the way of performance but a little more rumble with no drone will work for me!

onspeed 02-16-2013 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by z06Maniac (Post 1583134309)
I just did it and the results are awesome! It's called the ti-mod or the ti-bypass (search on those). You order the tubing from Titanium Joe. Then you find someone to do the welding for you That's the toughest part, finding some who knows what they're doing to weld titanium. I have a cam. Couldn't really hear it well before the mod. Now you can hear that wonderful lope at idle. Cruise is close to stock, which is what I wanted. Sounds great when you lean into it. Didn't cost much for the tubing. I sold what I didn't use. Welding was really reasonable. You can't beat this mod for the money compared to what you pay for a decent aftermarket system, and this was exactly what I wanted.

How much did you pay and where did you go?

latenightlarry 02-17-2013 11:44 AM

you have a PM

JeremyGSU 02-17-2013 12:34 PM

I had it done and did a write-up.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-z...ed-2012-a.html

z06Maniac 02-18-2013 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by onspeed (Post 1583138915)
How much did you pay and where did you go?

I paid $97 for 24 inches of tubing from Titanium Joe. Only used 9" so I sold the rest for $45. I had some other work being done so my performance friend cut me a break on removing and re-installing my catback. Welding was done by Mike at Accufab Metal Fabrication in Tomball TX. Give him a call...price was very reasonable. You can easily do the whole thing for under $400, including removal and re-install. You can't even buy aftermarket mufflers for that! BTW I had a ton of work done by Reckart Performance Tuning and I'm thrilled with the results. PM me if you want more details.

momo20 02-18-2013 11:06 PM

i wanted to go this route so bad..but finding someone in my area that could weld the Ti was not gonna happen..so i eneded up buying a corsa exhaust

Blue Blood 02-19-2013 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by crowdog (Post 1583131735)
Looking for some info on modifying the stock exhaust on my 04 Z who has done it and what was the results, better sound? increased airflow any drone at highway cruising speed? thanks fellas.

Check out Quinn @ 74weld in San Diego, he's one the work for many of us in LA - OC - SD. He might even still have some material.