CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Testing testing 123 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3257962-testing-testing-123-a.html)

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 09:16 AM

Testing testing 123

Okay what do you say we all give this a try!:thumbs:

THIS THREAD IS TO DISCUSS ALL OF OUR LIKES AND DISLIKES REGARDING THE C7!!:rock:

IF YOU CANNOT RESPOND W/OUT BEING SLANDEROUS/SARCASTIC/NASTY/BELLIGERENT OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS UNHELPFUL THEN PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD! NO ONE IS BEING FORCED TO RESPOND, THIS THREAD IS DESIGNED TO DISCUSS AND COMPARE OPINIONS OF WHAT IS A VERY IMPORTANT AND SENSITIVE SUBJECT TO SOME!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN'T ABIDE BY THE VERY SIMPLE REQUESTS I'VE IMPLEMENTED WILL SIMPLY BE LABELED A USELESS MEMBER OF THIS FORUM WITH THE HOPE THAT ANYONE AND EVERYONE WILL IGNORE YOU GOING FORWARD!

I will start it off with my favorite and least favorite aspect of the car!:thumbs:

The thing I like most about the car (of course w/out having sat in or driven it) would have to be the front end. The overall appearance of the nose is very unique IMO, it is a combination of having it's own identity, function and style. If there is any one thing I dislike about the nose is the "teeth" protruding from the lower bumper, I would have liked it to flow in this area but not a deal breaker.:thumbs:

The thing I like least about the car as I've mentioned before is that the car has just become too sharp and angular in too many places. I am not saying that it should have the same lines as the C6 but IMO they kind of went overkill with all of the angels and creases, I would have liked the overall body more if it was "toned" down somewhat!:thumbs:

Anyone is welcome to DISCUSS or DEBATE my comments or add your own, over time hopefully all of our likes and dislikes can be expressed and discussed in an amicable fashion! BD:thumbs:

bigterpsfan 04-22-2013 09:35 AM

Can't say until I see it in person. So many times I have taken pictures of my Z from various angles that looked blah. Other pics have looked great, but not always. Then I see it in person and I am like "Wow!" I need to really see it before I can know.

$$$frumnuttin' 04-22-2013 10:07 AM

I like everything about it. With that said I have to add:

:beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse:

Daekwan06 04-22-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin' (Post 1583705555)
I like everything about it. With that said I have to add:

:beatdeadhorse::beatdeadhorse:

:iagree:

ByByBMW 04-22-2013 10:29 AM

12 minutes. It may be a record for someone to post the first useless thread that violated the OP's stated requests for the thread. And yes, just like my post, but I'm trying to point out what ISN'T wanted.

Good luck to the OP.

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by ByByBMW (Post 1583705769)
12 minutes. It may be a record for someone to post the first useless thread that violated the OP's stated requests for the thread. And yes, just like my post, but I'm trying to point out what ISN'T wanted.

Good luck to the OP.

Thank you thank you thank you! :thumbs:

Three out of four so far aren't moving on to the next grade and another deleted his post, thank you for pointing it out. Maybe now the thread can go the direction it was intended!

Amazing how adults cannot follow simple instructions or requests!:crazy:

tuxnharley 04-22-2013 10:46 AM

- aluminum frame
- front end and headlights
- interior

Dislikes:

- rear end too busy
- black vents and rear diffuser

Unanswered questions:

- weight
- final HP and TQ ratings

:cheers:

lt4obsesses 04-22-2013 10:50 AM

I think this thread could have some good potential. Instead of giving the C7 a pass/fail, rather point out the likes and dislikes.

For me, what's good;

The front end is striking, and the headlights. Can't wait to see these at night.

The lines of the car are more sleek and aggressive. I really like how they incorporated a few sharp edges in with the signature curves.

The rear end is nice, I like that they broke it up a little, and really those lights are a unique demonstration of LED tech. I think at night, many will "see the light" so to speak.

The chassis development, the varying thickness aluminum frame is genius. I feel this car is going to be very sturdy and handle corners like no Vette has before. This is the real step forward in this car.

The LT1 with DI may save the V8 in Corvette. If it is as efficient and reliable as claimed, these next few years might be fun to watch in the SBC world.

The interior is a return to making the Vette a drivers car. More of a cockpit than a cabin. The fact that they are incorporating real materials and not just plastic 'look alikes' says alot.

Seven speed manual, it just sounds cool.

Dislikes;

Vents, I like they are there, but would've liked to seen them molded into the body panels, not just attached trim pieces. However, being that they are, they should offer them in body color for those that don't like carbon flash contrast. Same for the rear diffuser.

I don't particularly care for the rear quarter windows. Though I guess these are required for visibility, I would just as soon it be a body panel.

I don't like the fact that I can't afford one right now.

Anyway, they can't make everybody happy. But it seems that there is much to like about this car. As well as some personal preferences not to like. Overall, I think it's good design. I see alot of the things from the concept on this one I liked.

hot4u 04-22-2013 10:53 AM

Saw the car in person at the New York Auto show and really as many have stated the pictures do not do it justice. you really have to see the car live. To me the lines in person are not as sharp and the rear end looks fine to me. Of the three generations I've own c4,c5.and my current 2008 c6 the c7 body style looks the best in my opinion

Hemi Dave 04-22-2013 10:57 AM

Dislikes:
I would have went with 300 series rubber out back..... but I can always do that later so no biggie

Suggestion: You should have waited for more info to come out....like when they announce it's cheaper and faster than an obsolete C6 427 :D :hide:

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 11:16 AM

@ tux, straight and to the point...WELL DONE!
@ lt4, nice descriptive write up, very detailed! EXCELLENT
@ hot4u, good input from a true multi gen owner...GOOD JOB!
@ Hemi, agree about the rubber. Wanted to try and converse about this car and not argue, my hope is we can do that! And your humor is welcome, although I still got $100 on my 427!! high five...lol:thumbs:

Good job guys, let's keep it going! Feel free to express your disgust on anyone who tries to train wreck the thread!!

billythekid310 04-22-2013 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by tuxnharley (Post 1583705892)
- aluminum frame
- front end and headlights
- interior

Dislikes:

- rear end too busy
- black vents and rear diffuser

Unanswered questions:

- weight
- final HP and TQ ratings

I like the black vents but hopefully somebody comes out with CF versions to replace the stock, that goes for the diffuser as well.

Sin City 04-22-2013 11:20 AM

Too much black.

-CM- 04-22-2013 12:10 PM

I like the technology advancements, particularly the driver modes.

The cockpit is definitely a major enticement for me to buy.

The exterior styling, including the vents and the rear end are great.

Lime Rock Green!

I am hoping that what I like best will be the price, but that's not known yet.

RC000E 04-22-2013 12:34 PM

Likes: the fact that gm has created a new benchmark of performance for the dollar

Dislikes: everyones bitching when they dont even know the facts

Stingray23 04-22-2013 12:43 PM

Ok, I'll play.

As most of you already know, I REALLY love the C7. I've seen the car in person and taken several photos of it too. There is nothing that I do not like from what I can see. I love all angles, especially the controversial rear end. If I were to pick something I dont care for, its the lack of wheel assortment. But that can be cured at any point in the aftermarket.

Jinx 04-22-2013 12:46 PM

- Still long, low, and wide
- Targa top, hatchback
- Taillights are fresh and dramatic but clearly Corvette
- Active Fuel Management, direct injection, cam phasing
- Taller top gear
- Power seatback adjustment, finally

Dislikes:
- Same old brick butt dressed up with busy lines and dark paint
- Dark-painted vents look cheap and tacky
- Can't even fix it with color choice, because these parts aren't black
- Tacked-on rear spoiler is retro in a bad way
- These add up to racecar looks -- racecars are ugly, Corvette should be a beautiful sports car
- Half-measure carbon fiber roof look -- black A-pillars, painted top stripes, painted halo bar, there's no choice that isn't awkward
- Interior design isolates the passenger, like they're not wanted
- Paddles on the manual wheel -- put a button on the dash for the rev-matching I don't want, paddles suck
- Half-measure IP -- giant physical fuel & temp guages are a poor use of space
- Center console plastic looks cheap; classic GM quit-early move

Pending experience:
- Road noise
- Seat comfort and lateral support

GM, please explain:
- Why it isn't lighter -- be specific, don't leave us to guess and grumble about whose fault it is (it's luxury! no, convertible! no, ZR1! no, gadgets! no, safety mandates! no, bean-counters! no, unknown amounts of all these things!)

BTW, folks, these are my opinions. Feel free to hold different ones, but don't waste a single keypress trying to tell me I'm wrong. I'm not wrong about the way C7 strikes me. Notice I'm not warning of Corvette's demise or even saying they made a mistake here. Don't bother telling me I need to get over anything, either, because (a) I don't, and (b) I'm not saying I won't ever own one.

.Jinx
Yes, I have seen it in person

red2012 04-22-2013 12:49 PM

When I seen the car at the NY show it confirmed my thoughts. The car is too busy and too edgy and chiseld. It just doesn't flow and have the stance of the wide body C6. The door panels look no different than the C6 other than being wrapped in suede or leather I really cant tell what it is. I'm a big fan of the big staggered wheel set up like the wide body uses which is missing in the C7. I think the car is very modern looking whether thats good or bad I don't know. We don't know anything yet how the car performs so no comments there yet. It's going to be interesting when all the data comes out then we all could discuss this car rationally.

tuxnharley 04-22-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jinx (Post 1583707012)
- Still long, low, and wide
- Targa top, hatchback
- Taillights are fresh and dramatic but clearly Corvette
- Active Fuel Management, direct injection, cam phasing
- Taller top gear
- Power seatback adjustment, finally

Dislikes:
- Same old brick butt dressed up with busy lines and dark paint
- Dark-painted vents look cheap and tacky
- Can't even fix it with color choice, because these parts aren't black
- Tacked-on rear spoiler is retro in a bad way
- These add up to racecar looks -- racecars are ugly, Corvette should be a beautiful sports car
- Half-measure carbon fiber roof look -- black A-pillars, painted top stripes, painted halo bar, there's no choice that isn't awkward
- Interior design isolates the passenger, like they're not wanted
- Paddles on the manual wheel -- put a button on the dash for the rev-matching I don't want, paddles suck
- Half-measure IP -- giant physical fuel & temp guages are a poor use of space
- Center console plastic looks cheap; classic GM quit-early move

Pending experience:
- Road noise
- Seat comfort and lateral support

GM, please explain:
- Why it isn't lighter -- be specific, don't leave us to guess and grumble about whose fault it is (it's luxury! no, convertible! no, ZR1! no, gadgets! no, safety mandates! no, bean-counters! no, unknown amounts of all these things!)

BTW, folks, these are my opinions. Feel free to hold different ones, but don't waste a single keypress trying to tell me I'm wrong. I'm not wrong about the way C7 strikes me. Notice I'm not warning of Corvette's demise or even saying they made a mistake here. Don't bother telling me I need to get over anything, either, because (a) I don't, and (b) I'm not saying I won't ever own one.

.Jinx
Yes, I have seen it in person

Can I waste a keystroke saying I agree with you 100%? :D You said it better and more expansively than I did.

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 12:54 PM

@ CM, congrats on your order! LR Green is going to be very cool...
@ RC000, I think it's fair to say they already far exceeded the bang for the buck with the ZL1 and Z28, but that's off topic!
@ stingray, glad to hear how much you like the car! Are you ordering or going to wait a bit for one?

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 01:02 PM

@ jinx, best post I've read on this forum in a long time, thank you for contributing and taking the time to express your opinions!! WELL DONE SIR
@ red2012, yes I know it's you Ron...lol. A very diplomatic approach for I know we have both had styling complaints. As we all know the dynamics of the cars perf, power and overall drivability remains to be seen and discussed. GOOD JOB PAL.
@ tux, yes he did and yes you can!

Glad to see we are actually all involving each other and doing it politely!

Stingray23 04-22-2013 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583707084)
@ CM, congrats on your order! LR Green is going to be very cool...
@ RC000, I think it's fair to say they already far exceeded the bang for the buck with the ZL1 and Z28, but that's off topic!
@ stingray, glad to hear how much you like the car! Are you ordering or going to wait a bit for one?

I'm gonna wait a bit.

texvette2 04-22-2013 01:07 PM

Rework the back a little. Remove the black air vents. Lights are
OK. But work on getting more body color and reduce angles.

DanTheFireman 04-22-2013 01:11 PM

Likes;
Interior, layout and materials and new instrumentation. Also the real CF trim. Track seats, even the standard seats are nice, cooled, leather feels thick and soft, nice stitching.
Pretty much all views, even the back after seeing up close.
Aluminum frame.
Vents... I like them and think the carbon flash paint is much better than the dull plastic inserts on the C6 (swapped my Z vents for hydrocarbon finished).
Lighter removable exposed CF top, I like the body color trimmed version, also the painted A pillars vs. the rubber ones.
Hatch, I like it.
Suspension choices.

Dislikes;
I wish the rear quarter seam was hidden, maybe in a tuck on the rear or at least like the C6 - just something about that beautiful expanse interrupted with the line.
Front fangs, the aftermarket should come up with something to better integrate that portion.
Stingray emblems and rear lettering, easily addressed with dental floss.
Possibly colors, will miss the JSB. Would like some crazy choices like the bright green or Lambo orange - not for more attention but just because I like them.
Waiting to see the (if) wide body version.

Neutral;
Steering wheel, better but could be wow.
Wheels, will go with the black Z51 style.
Exhaust note, I like it more raw like the ZR, less throaty.

Overall, to me the car is awesome. The Torch Red Z51 on display is jaw-dropping, the sharp lines are much more subdued than on the CG. My biggest dislike is not being able to rationalize having more than three cars to the wife, so the C6 has to go. Obsolete my ass, it's still a beautiful car and always will be. They would look great sitting next to each other.

michaelinmech 04-22-2013 01:15 PM

From photos & reports only:

Like: 95% of new design - Maranello-esce front end and side profile - Interior Materials, Fit & New Seats - Rev Matching - Attn to Weight Savings - V8 Power - American Made

Dislike: Rear design - Narrower Tires - Larger F&R Emblems

Nervous About: Abundance of Electronics

Patiently Waiting: HP, Torque, Weight &Pricing - Driving Experience

ByByBMW 04-22-2013 01:27 PM

The thread is going well.

I am only going to say my dislikes are the engine and more specifically the AFM. I am going to keep an eye on this forum and see what the next 2-3 years bring with real world ownership.

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 01:28 PM

@ stingray, smart IMO to do so be it for bugs, perf. models or supply and demand!
@ tex, I like it, some minor tweaks but seemingly all else is good!
@ Dan, you and jinx have offered the best write ups so far. I like you end comment about the C6 too.
@ Michael, I agree with your comment about the tires, it takes away from the stance.

B-Myster 04-22-2013 01:39 PM

[427 c5]No DCT, no all wheel drive, FAIL [/427 c5]

I figured that would be the first responder. :D

As for my opinion on what I've seen so far...
I like most of the exterior design except the back is a bit busy.
The wheels are fairly plain, but I'll probably choose black so not much of an issue there.
I like the interior, but thought they could've designed a better looking steering wheel.

Stingray23 04-22-2013 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583707372)
@ stingray, smart IMO to do so be it for bugs, perf. models or supply and demand!
@ tex, I like it, some minor tweaks but seemingly all else is good!
@ Dan, you and jinx have offered the best write ups so far. I like you end comment about the C6 too.
@ Michael, I agree with your comment about the tires, it takes away from the stance.

Thats right. I want to see the big dogs first before deciding.

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 02:01 PM

@ ByBYBMW, in part to you early post, thanks again! I am going to hold up my end and stay involved positively. The engine remains somewhat a mystery, I am very curious to see how the DI and cylinder management perform flawlessly on a car with so much power.
@ B-Myster, seems like the wheels are becoming a common denominator of dislike.
@ stingray, FYI your namesake got either launched or put on vacation...lol. Glad you're still here with us though, you involvement in this thread is appreciated.

$$$frumnuttin' 04-22-2013 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583705821)
Thank you thank you thank you! :thumbs:

Three out of four so far aren't moving on to the next grade and another deleted his post, thank you for pointing it out. Maybe now the thread can go the direction it was intended!

Amazing how adults cannot follow simple instructions or requests!:crazy:

Hey, I said I liked everything about it! Sorry, I don't have any dislikes.:ack: Seeing as I've been here around 14 years now, I've already got advanced degrees... no 'next grade' exists. This new vette sure has brought some weirdness to the forum.:flaghalfmast:

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 02:22 PM

@ muttin', no worries, it was just the dead horse and the follow up quote to it that got the thread off on the wrong foot. It's great you like everything, I assume you'll get one and thoroughly enjoy it.

george vee 04-22-2013 02:32 PM

all of the exterior
interior
new softer leather
motor
all high tech features

Dislike
I can't see all the color combinations before I place my order
( have an early deposit with expected delivery in August)

red2012 04-22-2013 02:34 PM

Dan I like the way this thread is going because NOBODY IS ASSUMING ANYTHING WITHOUT HARD DATA. We are all making our comments on what we know and seen so far. No bickering.

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 02:43 PM

@ George, I assume you mean "see" in person? With any luck GM will have a build feature on their site that might give you some sense of combos. Either way best of luck with your order choice and love you pooch in your avatar.
@ Ron, and everyone's opinion has not been tainted with vile venom. It's a testament to ALL the contributors here, I've noticed some usual suspects are absent but they may be busy, I hope they chime in!! Thumbs up buddy...

sam90lx 04-22-2013 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583706202)
@ tux, straight and to the point...WELL DONE!
@ lt4, nice descriptive write up, very detailed! EXCELLENT
@ hot4u, good input from a true multi gen owner...GOOD JOB!
@ Hemi, agree about the rubber. Wanted to try and converse about this car and not argue, my hope is we can do that! And your humor is welcome, although I still got $100 on my 427!! high five...lol:thumbs:

Good job guys, let's keep it going! Feel free to express your disgust on anyone who tries to train wreck the thread!!

I will stack another $100 on Dan's 427!

sam90lx 04-22-2013 04:41 PM

Only dislikes I have are:

Rear to busy
Round exhaust
Steering Wheel looks sissy
Same old crappy Auto
Fangs
Skinny rubber
Vents will be a bitch to keep clean
AFM and all the other Cafe crap

Over all like the car and think some of my dislikes will be addressed with the High Performance model. Also think the HP should have been closer to 500 and less weight than the GS (yet to be determined)

Iconic 04-22-2013 04:45 PM

Dislikes - The rear end, tail lights, cylinder de-activation.

Likes - Front view looks awesome, 475 hp for base, the Laguna blue (I would have gotten this color in my '13 GS were it available), driver cockpit layout, not to mention the new car smell!

I remember when Chevy introduced the '88 model year pickup truck. At first I thought it looked like shiet, but over time it grew and grew on me, so much that I ended up owning 4 of these. I though the C7, save a few flaws, was pretty amazing the first day GM unvailed it in Jan. In a couple years I think alot of fence riders will begin to fall in love with it.

Without seeing the C7 in person I can only go off what GM has announced and the pictures of it on the net, but I can say there's more to like about the C7 than to dislike. JMHO.

TTRotary 04-22-2013 04:48 PM

Pros:
Gorgeous car all the way to the rear wheel and including it.
Chiseled looks, has all the right curves, just looks mean.
For the first time, I think black vents on a color body just looks bitchin.
Appears to retain / build on the Corvette value proposition
All Corvettes will finally will come to the fight with good tires
Interior appears much improved, at least in appearance.
Good seats - finally (it appears)
Performance models will have removable roof

Cons:
Ridiculous, assinine, retarded Mattel rear end design. Fix it.
Lots of new technology, especially the engine
More e-nannies

Unknowns:
Weight and actual performance - but seems will be incremental rather than revolutionary

Reliability - lots of new technology + cost cutting = trouble - hope not, but I'm not counting on it.

What performance models will look like.

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 04:51 PM

Excellent posts Sam, Icon and TT! And don't worry Sam, your money is safe! lol

Racer 04-22-2013 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583705214)
Okay what do you say we all give this a try!:thumbs:

THIS THREAD IS TO DISCUSS ALL OF OUR LIKES AND DISLIKES REGARDING THE C7!!:rock:

IF YOU CANNOT RESPOND W/OUT BEING SLANDEROUS/SARCASTIC/NASTY/BELLIGERENT OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS UNHELPFUL THEN PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS THREAD! NO ONE IS BEING FORCED TO RESPOND, THIS THREAD IS DESIGNED TO DISCUSS AND COMPARE OPINIONS OF WHAT IS A VERY IMPORTANT AND SENSITIVE SUBJECT TO SOME!

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO CAN'T ABIDE BY THE VERY SIMPLE REQUESTS I'VE IMPLEMENTED WILL SIMPLY BE LABELED A USELESS MEMBER OF THIS FORUM WITH THE HOPE THAT ANYONE AND EVERYONE WILL IGNORE YOU GOING FORWARD!

I will start it off with my favorite and least favorite aspect of the car!:thumbs:

The thing I like most about the car (of course w/out having sat in or driven it) would have to be the front end. The overall appearance of the nose is very unique IMO, it is a combination of having it's own identity, function and style. If there is any one thing I dislike about the nose is the "teeth" protruding from the lower bumper, I would have liked it to flow in this area but not a deal breaker.:thumbs:

The thing I like least about the car as I've mentioned before is that the car has just become too sharp and angular in too many places. I am not saying that it should have the same lines as the C6 but IMO they kind of went overkill with all of the angels and creases, I would have liked the overall body more if it was "toned" down somewhat!:thumbs:

Anyone is welcome to DISCUSS or DEBATE my comments or add your own, over time hopefully all of our likes and dislikes can be expressed and discussed in an amicable fashion! BD:thumbs:

Dan, don't care what you think of the C7.

BlueOx 04-22-2013 05:30 PM

From what I have seen...
-Awesome overall presentation.
-Unique but still very obviously a Corvette.
-Instant woody over the front end hood/fender/headlight lense shapes.
-Love the rear end and especially the tail lights.
-Dash looks fantastic and seats are finally offering serious-looking support.
-Diggin that remote-controlled vert top.
-Exhaust sounds great and can't wait to hear it in person.

Dislikes:
-Cupholder lid looks problematic.
-No anti-roll protection on convertible.
-No rear fender vents on convertible.
-Needs body-color option for vents and diffuser.
-Yet another targa top to go wrong that I'll never use.
-Very limited colors available.

The coupe knocks me out. For the first time I am really thinking about a coupe vs a vert tho I wish I could just get one with a solid top/no targa. Also thinking for the first time about a Torch Red Corvette.

So much yet we don't know and haven't even heard much about. Much more to be excited about. I can't wait to drive one.

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 05:32 PM

@ OX, excellent post! Good thought on the vert rollover too!

TTRotary 04-22-2013 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583709495)
@ RC, let's not get off topic please.
@ everyone, someone named "racer" who has been on my ignore list for a long time has commented here. I'm sure whatever he said is detrimental to this thread so feel free to unload with any and all salvos his way should it be warranted.

Racer's opinions are irrelevant to me be but i can't put him on ignore because of his avatar. I'm simply paralyzed.

tail_lights 04-22-2013 05:37 PM

-Aluminum frame
-Amount of torque (down low) in the base model

Dislikes
-Rear end, especially the tail lights
-top panel looks akward partially painted

Hopes
-with the AL frame the overall weight does ultimately see a reduction
-the tires do grip better than the widebody C6s

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 05:41 PM

@TT, cut and paste it then, believe me he is so much better to ignore!
@ tail lights, agreed on the front (except for the fangs), 3/4 and rear are tough though.
Thanks for your comments/input.

svtkeith 04-22-2013 05:41 PM

I pretty much like every thing about the car except the rear should be all body color to just above the exhaust pipes and body color up along the roof to the A pillar that's one of the things I don't like about my ZR1 that the CF roof is all dark almost black.

BlueOx 04-22-2013 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583709495)
@ RC, let's not get off topic please.
@ everyone, someone named "racer" who has been on my ignore list for a long time has commented here. I'm sure whatever he said is detrimental to this thread so feel free to unload with any and all salvos his way should it be warranted.

Hey Dan...deal with it...it's a forum.

Are you suggesting open harassment of someone here on CF?

TTRotary 04-22-2013 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583709564)
@TT, cut and paste it then, believe me he is so much better to ignore!

Oh man, you don't know what you're missing! :rock:

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 05:55 PM

OX don't wreck the damn thread! BTW, was his post at all useful or helpful? My money is on NO, I've been done with him a long time and it will stay that way, why he gets involved in my threads I don't know! Back to topic please!
@ SVT,do you think black wheels would help?

Groovepusher Sly 04-22-2013 06:22 PM

I like everything about it. The C7 looks like the race team got to say more about the design than the designers.
What I can't wait to see is the C7R!

Sly :cool:

Hirohawa 04-22-2013 06:29 PM

I saw the C7 in person and wrote a more detailed likes and dislikes here:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...ng-for-me.html

Short version

- Front end
- New Hatch and quarter window treatment - A long time coming wish they had done this on the C6
- Sides are nice
- Interior

Dislikes

- Rear end is IMO horrible - just a clunky, busy, over-designed by committee mess that has not grown on me and in fact I like it less and less every day.
- Camaro-esque tail lights
- Too many badges on rear pick flags or letters not both GM
- Side cove vents are too tall
- Hate all the Carbon flash paint - it should be body colored or black.
- Not super thrilled by the new Steering wheel

Hopefully your thread will not turn into a train wreck like mine did.

ALthough I love the front end and many other aspects of it the rear end will be a deal breaker hopefully the C7 Z06/ZR1 will clean up the design.

rad928music 04-22-2013 06:41 PM

I can only go by pictures,( It was not at the Twin Cities Auto show).

I think the sharp creases came from someone @ Cadillac.
That Ed Guy use to be the Cadillac Top man Now it looks like he added some Cadillac flavor to the C7 design( just a guess).

The style ( even though I dont care for Cadillacs)
Side coves
Hood
Overall shape is a good departure (but still looks like a vette)

Dislikes

Looks alittle jacked up in the back ( but the right wheels and lowering it a couple inches will fix that.

It weighs alittle to much (but the safety equipment is a plus)

I give it a 9.1 out of 10.
Add AWD on demand and it will go up to a 9.8

OnPoint 04-22-2013 06:42 PM

Likes (based only on photos and write-ups; haven't seen it yet in person):

- jewel-like headlights. Those really are a nice touch.
- front end styling.
- upgraded chassis and brakes
- really like the sculpted sides, particlularly the doors.
- profile of rear hatch, don't mind the F 599 influence one bit, in fact I like it.
- straight on view of the hatch from the rear, reminds me of the first Stingrays.
- variable valve timing and DI, which allow better torque curve and higher compression.
- e-diff (may be the most impactful mechanical add to the vette; time will tell).

Dislike:

- AFM. IMO this has no place on a sports car in general, and a Corvette (which already gets impressive mileage relative to its performance) in particular. I understand WHY it's there (which itself is annoying as it's not due to customer demand), but IMO it shouldn't be. I really hope the higher perf model(s) don't have it.
- fact that all the vents can't be (at least at this time) either carbon fiber or body color.
- rear end seems busy; can't help but compare it to Ferrari sterns, and they just seem simpler and to flow better.
- with the edgy design, tailpipe outlets should be a different shape.
- A pillars either need to be body color, or they and whole top need to black/carbon fiber etc to match up.
- not available with a fixed roof option (having had a couple C6 fixed roof coupes, the benefit of no squeaks/rattles and perceived quality far exceed the never used, by me, capability of removing the roof panel).

Concerns
- variable valve timing (hopefully this mill will escape cam phaser failures that other mills are experiencing).
- DI (hopefully they whipped the intake valve coking issue some DI mills have experienced)
- exhaust - seems improved based on vids, but worried that haven't competely tuned out the tractor-like idle.

Neutral

- interior. Seems like an upgrade in materials which is good. Design seems fine. I'm not a customer that was all bent out shape re the interior of my C6s (outside of the seats, which I agree should have been better).

Zymurgy 04-22-2013 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583705214)
...The thing I like least about the car as I've mentioned before is that the car has just become too sharp and angular in too many places. I am not saying that it should have the same lines as the C6 but IMO they kind of went overkill with all of the angels and creases, I would have liked the overall body more if it was "toned" down somewhat! ...

I'm just the opposite. I don't think they went far enough.

Upgraded Infotainment system
Lighter removable roof panel
Attention to aero - vents, lines, etc.
The new Z51 wheel design
Use of exposed carbon fiber
Availability of "suede"
Use of Michelins
Aluminum frame
Overall design, but I would have liked it even "edgier"
I like the contrasting vents (Carbon Flash Metallic), especially on the lighter colors
New headlights with extensive use of LEDs

Dislikes:
Conservative colors available. I would like to see some bolder colors
Would like the Z51 black wheel to have machine-faced contrasts
Kalahari - looks too orange, but I have not seen it in person

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 07:22 PM

@ sly, best forum use name yet!:thumbs:
@ hirohawa, I am trying to prevent that and mostly everyone has been great! Your "detailed" views are quite extensive and I agree with most of them, thanks for linking your thread!:thumbs:
@ rad, we'll be curious to hear your thoughts once you're seen it in person, in the meantime thanks for responding!:rock:
@ onpoint and zymurgy, I knew you guys would come around and bolster the thread, thanks for voicing your thoughts! And zymurgy, lets go Cowboys!!!:rock::thumbs:

red2012 04-22-2013 07:27 PM

Then use the ignore function

Big Dan 427 04-22-2013 07:36 PM

Ron I'm sitting here laughing my A$$ off because he is on my ignore list and I had no clue as to what he said until I saw you quote him!!:lol:

No worries my friend, just ignore him like I do. Hope you're enjoying you new GS, we'll have to meet up now that the weather is better! I hear they have alot of cars/Vettes in Yorktown every Sunday, maybe we'll meet up there soon! Sorry guys, back on topic! As a side note I want to thank you guys, especially the ones who wrote extensive detailed responses! I'm signing off, see ya'all tomorrow!:thumbs:

sam90lx 04-22-2013 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Racer (Post 1583709364)
Dan, don't care what you think of the C7.

I do Dan...please continue!

sam90lx 04-22-2013 07:53 PM

Another Like I forgot about but saw a moment ago....

Michelins.:thumbs:

svtkeith 04-22-2013 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583709683)
OX don't wreck the damn thread! BTW, was his post at all useful or helpful? My money is on NO, I've been done with him a long time and it will stay that way, why he gets involved in my threads I don't know! Back to topic please!
@ SVT,do you think black wheels would help?

Hell no Dan I hate black wheels on any car..I like bright wheels especially chrome or polished aluminum..I will buy a C7 when they come out with one that has equal or more power than my ZR1 and if it comes with dark wheels I'll have to change them..as beautiful as I feel this car is when they come out with a high perf version of it I think it'll be that much meaner looking just like the base C6 vs the Z06 and ZR1..can't wait!!! :thumbs:

post-it 04-22-2013 08:31 PM

I like every aspect of this car,period. I have not been this excited about a vehicle since I bought a "67" two top vert when I was 18 years old. Had five Vettes total in my early years, then got married, you'd know where I am going with this one. Now I am retiring this summer and my gift to myself is a C7. Believe me, I am excited once again. As they say what comes around goes around!

Wild Bob 04-22-2013 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by TTRotary (Post 1583709535)
Racer's opinions are irrelevant to me be but i can't put him on ignore because of his avatar. I'm simply paralyzed.

Indeed on the avatar...but I digress...

Likes...

It's a Corvette... Need I say more...??? I would but a lot of what I would say has been well covered...

Dislikes...

More of a suggestion than a dislike, but the exhaust could be better styled to integrate with the tail light lines...and I'm sure the aftermarket will be all over it as some threads foretell.

I will be driving the car at Spring Mountain this fall and draw useful opinions from that, but I suspect I will be waiting until '15 or '16 to buy one of the high HP models...

I came so close to buying the 427 Vert but it looks like I'm in the waiting game now...

Hirohawa 04-22-2013 10:09 PM

Another like:

- Engine displacement did not go down to 5.5 as long rumored

sam90lx 04-22-2013 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1583711938)
Another like:

- Engine displacement did not go down to 5.5 as long rumored

But......auto should have been the 8 speed as rumored!

Trackaholic 04-23-2013 02:26 AM

Almost all of the exterior
Great engine (even @ 450 HP)
7-speed stick with defeatable rev-matching
Lime Rock Green
Black Wheels
Tail Lights
Improved road manners (hopefully)
Z-51 package

Dislikes:
AFM and associated weight and complexity increase
Large front hood vent
Rear vent around tail lights

I like the idea of the vents, just don't like their execution. Too obtrusive. Much prefer how they were handled in the new Viper GTS.

The C7 is the first Corvette that has made me reconsider a Cayman S (and right now the Vette is by far the more interesting of the two).

Very excited to learn more about it and see if GM was really able to dial up the handling another notch.

-T

forensicsteve 04-23-2013 07:43 AM

Opinion from repeat viper owner.

Given that I have never met a car that I liked from all angles, give the C7 high marks for overall styling.
Don't know much about engines and such, but if it stays in the 450-475hp range, should be an outstanding performer.
Although it's a corvette and that alone is enough for many folk, Chevrolet seem to have really gone out of their way with the engineering and mechanicals in this one.
C7 still found a way to offer amazing value for 2 seater lovers
Great platform from which to develop a z06 upgrade.

Dislikes
Rear is a tad busy
Have to wonder how much cleaner it might have looked with side exhaust.
Interior too nice
Inside is too high-tech, too comfortable looking, too elegant (hell... that's why many of us go to vipers because they are so very basic in comparison)

BlueOx 04-23-2013 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by forensicsteve (Post 1583713772)

Given that I have never met a car that I liked from all angles, give the C7 high marks for overall styling.
Don't know much about engines and such, but if it stays in the 450-475hp range, should be an outstanding performer.
Although it's a corvette and that alone is enough for many folk, Chevrolet seem to have really gone out of their way with the engineering and mechanicals in this one.

Dislikes
Rear is a tad busy
Interior too nice
Inside is too high-tech, too comfortable looking, too elegant (hell... that's why many of us go to vipers because they are so very basic in comparison)

:rofl:...and we all know the vast sales numbers for those Vipers!

Big Dan 427 04-23-2013 11:02 AM

@ post-it, nice story and great enthusiasm in your words! Keep us informed of your order combo and best of luck!
@ wild bob, if you're going to wait until 15 or 16 buying a 427 now would be a nice filler. With the good deals going on your depreciation won't be so bad and the joy of use is irreplaceable.
@trackaholic, good valid points, especially the vents comment IMO. thanks for comments.
@ steve, like myself you seem drawn to the brutal manners of the Viper. I always felt the Viper commanded your attention and challenged your skills, why I've always been such a fan! Good post...

Seems like maybe this thread has run it's course, thanks to all the responders for your opinions and mostly thanks for not making it a train wreck! Hopefully these discussions going forward can for the most part remain civil, there will always be a rotten apple here and there and I have certainly been guilty myself!

I do have one add to like, the sound we've all heard on some videos is awesome. Of course we are not sure if it is going to be exact, it sounds maybe a little to loud for OEM.
My 427 with the fuse pulled seems to have a similar exhaust note.

TTRotary 04-23-2013 02:13 PM

You could almost say the thread is poll-like. Conclusions:

1. Most like the car overall and will be tempted to buy one.
2. Most dislike the rear, to varying degrees
3. Most will wait until they can see final numbers and the actual car before they decide.
4. Most have a perfectly good ride now, so the price/performance mix will have to be compelling.

chaase 04-23-2013 03:32 PM

This is from a C5 owner so I am comparing to my current car regarding some features, though some apply to the C6.

- LT1 having a nice flat torque curve and maintaining decent fuel economy using AFM.
- updated electronics
- upgraded/improved seats including heating and cooling
- overall improvement of interior quality.

Dislikes:
- rear end of the hatch back looks bulky and the black cladding on the bottom is hideous on lighter colored cars.
- all of the extra vents, compounded by them being black instead of body color.

Unsure:
- Interior styling - I will have to see it in person to make a final judgement.
- performance numbers - final HP/TQ and weight numbers not released but if they stay at 450hp/450tq I will be disappointed

The convertible, which is what I would buy, alleviates a lot of my issues with the looks since it ditches the extra vents and the back end doesn't appear as bulky because it isn't a hatch back.

tuxnharley 04-23-2013 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by TTRotary (Post 1583716936)

3. Most will wait until they can see final numbers and the actual car before they decide.
4. Most have a perfectly good ride now, so the price/performance mix will have to be compelling.

Good "Reader"s Digest" style summary! :thumbs:

sam90lx 04-23-2013 06:57 PM

Spot on! Only thing I can add is: The High Performance versions.

Hirohawa 04-24-2013 04:15 AM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1583713958)
:rofl:...and we all know the vast sales numbers for those Vipers!

Yes "vast" sales numbers are what makes a great sports car.:crazy2:

Stupid Ferrari Enzo only sold 399 units compared to the awesome Miata that has sold almost a million. What about that POS 1965 427 Shelby Cobra- what a failure with only a few hundred sold.

Every 2013 Viper is sold - at around $125,000 a pop - wanna bet there will be leftover 2014 C7s when the 2015s arrive?

I swear this guy works for GM. With his C7 leaks and his anti Viper attacks (which are factually challenged) whenever - god forbid - someone compares it to the Corvette.

I have never defended a car I owned as much as some defend the C7 that no one owns. Kinda weird how radical some of the new "reveal" members are. :hide:

This I will add to my Dislikes:

- Overzealous C7 "Enthusiasts" that spend an inordinate amount of time defending a car that many of them will never purchase. Not all but many joined right as the marketing uh I mean reveal happened.

Big Dan 427 04-24-2013 07:29 AM

@ Hirohawa, nicely done! THUMBS UP!! I'll leave it at that, the whole idea behind this thread was for it to NOT turn into the Titanic.

Not sure if this was mentioned but another dislike I have is the enormous gap between the tire and fender. If cars dental flossed it would have to use a bridge cable!! LOL

punky 04-24-2013 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583722773)
@ Hirohawa, nicely done! THUMBS UP!! I'll leave it at that, the whole idea behind this thread was for it to NOT turn into the Titanic.

Not sure if this was mentioned but another dislike I have is the enormous gap between the tire and fender. If cars dental flossed it would have to use a bridge cable!! LOL

No, never seen anyone complain about tire clearance

I doubt if the design guys at GM were out to entice the Low Rider crowd.

Big Dan 427 04-24-2013 08:14 AM

@ DR, Trying to wreck the thread I see! Whatever your issue it's your problem, stay out of what has been a very successful thread!

BlueOx 04-24-2013 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Hirohawa (Post 1583722455)
Yes "vast" sales numbers are what makes a great sports car.:crazy2:

Stupid Ferrari Enzo only sold 399 units compared to the awesome Miata that has sold almost a million. What about that POS 1965 427 Shelby Cobra- what a failure with only a few hundred sold.

Every 2013 Viper is sold - at around $125,000 a pop - wanna bet there will be leftover 2014 C7s when the 2015s arrive?

I swear this guy works for GM. With his C7 leaks and his anti Viper attacks (which are factually challenged) whenever - god forbid - someone compares it to the Corvette.

I have never defended a car I owned as much as some defend the C7 that no one owns. Kinda weird how radical some of the new "reveal" members are. :hide:

This I will add to my Dislikes:

- Overzealous C7 "Enthusiasts" that spend an inordinate amount of time defending a car that many of them will never purchase. Not all but many joined right as the marketing uh I mean reveal happened.

Originally Posted by forensicsteve

Dislikes
Rear is a tad busy
Interior too nice

Maybe Hirohito here didn't read what the other Viper owner said as a dislike for the C7...that it is TOO nice.:lolg:

It's hilarious to watch what people fool themselves into believing. Even to the point of trying to compare a Viper to an Enzo Ferrari because of sales numbers.:rofl:

punky 04-24-2013 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583723009)
@ DR, Trying to wreck the thread I see! Whatever your issue it's your problem, stay out of what has been a very successful thread!

This thread that you started is obviously just another poorly disguised opportunity for you to rip on the C7.

Interesting that you feel the need to order some of us out of this thread.

I don't have a problem with the C7 and neither do the overwhelming majority of us here on the board as clearly demonstrated by the various polls. It is painfully obvious that it is you who has the problem with the C7. OK, we get it Dan. Why don't you just enjoy your 427, its a great car and likely one of the most desireable of the C6 run. Enjoy

Big Dan 427 04-24-2013 08:46 AM

@ DR, look at my post #69. In no way am I "ripping" the car, why don't you look at the glass half full every once in a while? You and a few others always start the negative tone of a thread and it just escalates. If you have a problem with me fine, don't drag down a thread because of it though.

And I'm not ordering anyone, I'm simply suggesting that if you are here to wreck the thread than just leave! My initial post states very clearly that we discuss our likes and dislikes, period!

And lastly I won't buy a base C7 in part b/c it's a base, like with the ZO6, ZR1 and 427 they have a lot more to offer. Same reason why I never bought a base C6, I like more performance and different styling if it can be had and I'm sure in the C7 future that will occur. Point being I just well may buy an enhanced version someday, just not the base which has room for improvement IMO. No harm no foul...

Slynky 04-24-2013 08:51 AM

I think that's a good (quick) summary of the posts.

What I noticed (so far) was that things that were on the CON list for some were on the PRO list for others. I guess that suggests a car with wide appeal (as opposed to a more polarized appeal).

Without laying out my specifics (considering I am generally viewed as unqualified since I don't and never have owned a Corvette), Jinx's comments run pretty well with my thoughts (and he explains them well).

One of the things I like--and this draws from my graphic design experience--I love how GM has "slipped" in a "stingray" into the design is various ways.

Over all, I had hoped the design would lean more toward revolutionary than evolutionary (but those days in auto design are probably over with ;)). Having said that, I really like the C7. Not everything but most everything.

punky 04-24-2013 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583723185)
@ DR, look at my post #69. In no way am I "ripping" the car, why don't you look at the glass half full every once in a while? You and a few others always start the negative tone of a thread and it just escalates. If you have a problem with me fine, don't drag down a thread because of it though.

And I'm not ordering anyone, I'm simply suggesting that if you are here to wreck the thread than just leave! My initial post states very clearly that we discuss our likes and dislikes, period!

And lastly I won't buy a base C7 in part b/c it's a base, like with the ZO6, ZR1 and 427 they have a lot more to offer. Same reason why I never bought a base C6, I like more performance and different styling if it can be had and I'm sure in the C7 future that will occur. Point being I just well may buy an enhanced version someday, just not the base which has room for improvement IMO. No harm no foul...

Oh , OK Dan. Once again you state that you are not ripping the C7. Let me refresh your memory. Here is a blatant bash of the C7 in your post #75 in this thread: another dislike I have is the enormous gap between the tire and fender. If cars dental flossed it would have to use a bridge cable!! LOL I guess you forgot about that one form about 90 mins ago. Your credibility here is zero.

Big Dan 427 04-24-2013 09:03 AM

Okay you leave me no choice! This thread was designed to discuss likes and dislikes, so why is my comment any different than any others? How you determine that comment as "bashing" is way beyond me.

What was that noise? I believe it was the recess bell going off, time to get back to your first grade class even though they do not teach you semantics that young. Have a nice life and tighten up the screws before you really come apart!!

Zee0hSix 04-24-2013 09:23 AM

I like the C7 but don't love it, for one reason only.....

GM went a little to edgy with the overall design. Transformers cool now, will be a silly less desirable car than the C6 in not so many years.

With that said, I still need to see the C7 in person before I make a final judgement.

DREAMERAK 04-24-2013 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583723185)
I won't buy a base C7 in part b/c it's a base, like with the ZO6, ZR1 and 427 they have a lot more to offer. Same reason why I never bought a base C6, I like more performance and different styling if it can be had and I'm sure in the C7 future that will occur. Point being I just well may buy an enhanced version someday, just not the base which has room for improvement IMO. No harm no foul...

Why would someone start a thread about a car they are not interested in?

Big Dan 427 04-24-2013 09:40 AM

@ dreamerak, you are correct in that I won't buy a base, I did clearly state in post 80 I would totally consider a perf. model that's more well dressed. Again I find it funny how you missed the part that I may buy a juiced up version, it will still be a C7 right? I mean come on, I a not a Yankee fan but will discuss their team any day of the week! Again trying to derail the thread and turn it into a he said she said. Just discuss the car as the thread was designed to do!

DREAMERAK 04-24-2013 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583723553)
@ dreamerak, you are correct in that I won't buy a base, I did clearly state in post 80 I would totally consider a perf. model that's more well dressed. Again I find it funny how you missed the part that I may buy a juiced up version, it will still be a C7 right? I mean come on, I a not a Yankee fan but will discuss their team any day of the week! Again trying to derail the thread and turn it into a he said she said. Just discuss the car as the thread was designed to do!

I quoted the part where you said you "may buy an enhanced version someday" but that's not what this thread is about is it? So far there is only one C7 Corvette that we know of, the Stingray, a car you say your not interested in, yet you talk about it all the time.

lt4obsesses 04-24-2013 10:03 AM

This thread was interesting until the ego's came out...bound to happen sooner of later.

Big Dan 427 04-24-2013 10:07 AM

Sorry my office computer is filtered pal so I couldn't see the quote. So what you are saying is that I nor anyone who IS NOT going to buy a base C7 can't talk about it? This thread also isn't about what Dan buys now is it? Thanks to you and the good Dr. for ruining the thread! As I said I'm not a Yankee fan but discuss them all the time with my baseball enthusiast friends, although friends is certainly not the correct word when discussing some forum users! Have a nice day...

punky 04-24-2013 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK (Post 1583723472)

Maybe so he could rip on it some more? Naaaaaah.

DREAMERAK 04-24-2013 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583723779)
Sorry my office computer is filtered pal so I couldn't see the quote. So what you are saying is that I nor anyone who IS NOT going to buy a base C7 can't talk about it? This thread also isn't about what Dan buys now is it? Thanks to you and the good Dr. for ruining the thread! As I said I'm not a Yankee fan but discuss them all the time with my baseball enthusiast friends, although friends is certainly not the correct word when discussing some forum users! Have a nice day...

No, that's not what I'm saying, I've never told anyone one on this forum what they can talk about, and never would. I just find it odd that someone would have so many posts about a car they say they are not interested in. How many Yankee forums do you post in?

sam90lx 04-24-2013 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by drmustang (Post 1583723105)
This thread that you started is obviously just another poorly disguised opportunity for you to rip on the C7.

Interesting that you feel the need to order some of us out of this thread.

I don't have a problem with the C7 and neither do the overwhelming majority of us here on the board as clearly demonstrated by the various polls. It is painfully obvious that it is you who has the problem with the C7. OK, we get it Dan. Why don't you just enjoy your 427, its a great car and likely one of the most desireable of the C6 run. Enjoy

Like those Polls are not skewed......biggest joke ever!

ByByBMW 04-24-2013 10:40 AM

And so it starts, folks now dissing on the OP because he stated his dislikes? Exactly what he wanted the thread for? Come on folks, as stated by

Originally Posted by lt4obsesses (Post 1583723747)
This thread was interesting until the ego's came out...bound to happen sooner of later.

I predict this thread will now spiral into personal attacks, etc. It was good while it lasted. Stay on topic or stay away, it's really quite simple. :toetap:

Big Dan 427 04-24-2013 10:52 AM

@ dreamerak, you seem sensible and your comment somewhat warrants a response. You say you find it odd, well I find it odd that some married couples that don't get along worth a sh$% stay married, who am I to judge though? As for the Yankees I do not belong to any but as said discuss them all the time with friends as I do cars. It took me until the last year to buy a C6, reason being I've always owned Vipers and Porsches that I track, almost bought a ZR1 but favored the Dodge. As I've also said when a better dressed perf. C7 comes out I will likely get one, the fact that I don't want a base shouldn't refrain me from conversations. It's obviously apparent that the real C7 die hards get offended if the car is slighted at all which I find absolutely childish and ridiculous. When they spit out a car that has some meaty tires that fill the gaps and have some serious hp under the hood and other upgrades I'm likely in.

DREAMERAK 04-24-2013 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1583724159)
@ dreamerak, you seem sensible and your comment somewhat warrants a response. You say you find it odd, well I find it odd that some married couples that don't get along worth a sh$% stay married, who am I to judge though? As for the Yankees I do not belong to any but as said discuss them all the time with friends as I do cars. It took me until the last year to buy a C6, reason being I've always owned Vipers and Porsches that I track, almost bought a ZR1 but favored the Dodge. As I've also said when a better dressed perf. C7 comes out I will likely get one, the fact that I don't want a base shouldn't refrain me from conversations. It's obviously apparent that the real C7 die hards get offended if the car is slighted at all which I find absolutely childish and ridiculous. When they spit out a car that has some meaty tires that fill the gaps and have some serious hp under the hood and other upgrades I'm likely in.

I think the C7 die hards are offended when the car is slighted with no real proof from the anti C7 crowd, and they are tired of the same group regurgitating the same threads over and over and over. I find it ridiculous that some claim to know the performance of the car when so little is known about the specs that will determine the performance, and when a GM engineer gives us a hint "the lap times at VIR are competitive with todays Z06" he's called a liar. What kind of Corvette enthusiast does that?

Big Dan 427 04-24-2013 11:30 AM

@ ByByBMW, thanks again for your input and support.
@ dreamerak, this thread was not about "anti C7" crowd, it was a welcome to debate and discuss the likes and dislikes and for the most part went extremely well, can't it just be left at that?

I don't disagree with you regarding anything knowledgeable regarding the perf. or specs, no one except GM knows. I don't know if someone in this thread questioned this GM engineer you refer too but if they did you're correct it was wrong.

And you have to remember the door swings both ways when it comes to proof of anything, in reality the only thing we all know is what it will look like (with of course some generic mechanical knowledge) and that is mostly what we have been discussing, the appearance. Again I say MOSTLY, I know other areas have been pointed out and critiqued be it with fact or not.

lt4obsesses 04-24-2013 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK (Post 1583724419)
I think the C7 die hards are offended when the car is slighted with no real proof from the anti C7 crowd, and they are tired of the same group regurgitating the same threads over and over and over. I find it ridiculous that some claim to know the performance of the car when so little is known about the specs that will determine the performance, and when a GM engineer gives us a hint "the lap times at VIR are competitive with todays Z06" he's called a liar. What kind of Corvette enthusiast does that?

We live in a cynical world today where instant gratification seems to be considered a God given right. The idea of letting folks discuss what they like and don't like was a great idea. For those that complain about the power, which we really don't know yet, they will have their day, probably next year I'm sure.

I'm no engineer, but I know enough about automobiles that when they talk about the frame and chassis, and suspension components, and materials, and management systems, that this is a huge step forward for the Corvette. I believe what they say, because they know these things will be held to scrutiny, and that's not a bad thing. The one good thing about skepticism and the 24 hour news cycle is that it neutralizes the liars. This car will be good if not great. Is it perfect to everybody? No, that's impossible.

The only thing left to be seen is if the car is as good on pavement as it is on paper. :thumbs:

Snorman 04-24-2013 11:49 AM

It's nice to see drmustang gets along so well with everybody here. He got banned from SVTPerformance.com.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/member.php?u=18481
:lol:
He sent me a nice e-thug PM once, it was hilarious. :crazy2:
S.

Dominic Toretto 04-24-2013 02:00 PM

Dislikes: Cylinder Deactivation

-Alex

TTRotary 04-24-2013 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by DREAMERAK (Post 1583723472)

And, why don't you drop it. It is an opinion thread - what's wrong with that? Also, why are you are bothering with an opinion thread on a car that you are totally in love with and are first in line to buy. Given your extreme irritation at any criticism of a car you regard as perfect, I'm not sure why you would torture yourself by going into every opinion thread to debate every negative impression. A normal person would conclude that they love the car, can afford one, will get one, and that is all that counts. What am I missing?