CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Took the Vette to visit Mom today........... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3268986-took-the-vette-to-visit-mom-today.html)

R&L's C6 05-10-2013 05:57 PM

Took the Vette to visit Mom today...........

Got the Vette all cleaned up and decided it was a good time to go visit Mom. It was such a beautiful day I didn't think she would mind me being a few days early for Mothers day. The visit was at the cemetery you see, she passed away a couple of years ago. I sure do miss her, life is never quite the same after you lose a Mother...Afterwards I took a long cruise for some alone time...Does anyone else do that???

For those of you who still have your Mothers, treat them well this Sunday, for those that don't, you know what I'm talking about.

DigitalWidgets 05-10-2013 06:00 PM

:thumbs:

FlyerVette 05-10-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by R&L's C6 (Post 1583867295)
Got the Vette all cleaned up and decided it was a good time to go visit Mom. It was such a beautiful day I didn't think she would mind me being a few days early for Mothers day. The visit was at the cemetery you see, she passed away a couple of years ago. I sure do miss her, life is never quite the same after you lose a Mother...Afterwards I took a long cruise for some alone time...Does anyone else do that???

For those of you who still have your Mothers, treat them well this Sunday, for those that don't, you know what I'm talking about.

Hi R&L,

Was so nice of you to share your story with us. You're truly looking at the really important aspects of life. I too have been without my Mom and Dad for over 20 years and in fact lost my wife of over 30 years 6 years ago so certainly know how you feel. Once again very nice of you to show your respect towards you Mom with your actions and the fact of sharing your feelings with us....

Surfman423 05-10-2013 06:26 PM

I cant express enough how right you are. I lost my mom suddenly a few years back to cancer. I still find myself absent mindedly grabbing my cell phone occasionally to give her a call out of habit. It is so true how things are just not the same anymore after you lose your mom. To add insult to injury, my dad passed a short time later to cancer as well. For those of you with moms and dads still around, hug them and spend time with them as much as you can. Once their gone, you don't want to have any regrets. I let the military keep me away from my parents until it was too late, I would give anything to change that today.

C6ROLLER 05-10-2013 06:28 PM

Thanks for sharing, I'm sure she was with you on that long cruise...

fast-vette 05-10-2013 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by FlyerVette (Post 1583867426)
Hi R&L,

Was so nice of you to share your story with us. You're truly looking at the really important aspects of life. I too have been without my Mom and Dad for over 20 years and in fact lost my wife of over 30 years 6 years ago so certainly know how you feel. Once again very nice of you to show your respect towards you Mom with your actions and the fact of sharing your feelings with us....

:iagree:...Corvette folks in my opinion are very special people.

Yellow C-6 05-10-2013 08:10 PM

Very nice Randy, I have lost both my parents also and I go visit them as much as I can.

Derwin

former50 05-10-2013 08:24 PM

Lost my mom back in 2008, always think of her especially on days like mothers day. I know about those long cruises after going to visit at the cemetery, good time to reflect.

wayback 05-10-2013 08:25 PM

Thanks for sharing Randy. My parents are still around but I fear not for long. Need to plan another trip to see them. Thanks for reminding me of the really important things in life. Work, household chores, yada, yada, yada seem to always get in the way.

I am sure you made your mother smile today!!:cheers:

Mad*Max 05-10-2013 08:26 PM

Moms are special, lost mine 15 years ago and dad 25 years back...like others mentioned spend the time with your parents whenever you get a chance.

carsangelop 05-10-2013 08:37 PM

I Lost my Mon 6years ago ,there is not a day that goes buy that I dont think of her.A more loving caring person you will never meet
I can remember as a young boy saying to my Mon I hope I die first because I would never be able to live without you.She would always reply with don't be silly little one you will be just fine .you will have your own children to love.How right she was

peter pan 05-10-2013 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by DigitalWidgets (Post 1583867309)
:thumbs:

:iagree::rock:

MISFAN 05-10-2013 10:02 PM

Nice story, thanks.

Johnathon59 05-10-2013 10:12 PM

Lost my mother last Dec. still talk to her (spirit) while I wax my car wishing she lived long enough to at least see it, She loved my red '85 when I had it, called it my little red sports car. your right when you say you only have one true mother, this Sunday will be the 1st one that I don't send a card for her. *:(*

michaelinmech 05-10-2013 10:41 PM

Gathered myself for a minute before replying. I didn't see that story line coming.

Lost my Mom a couple years ago. Buried her next to my Dad who we lost 2 years prior. Lost them both at the same age and in the same month. Dad was in failing health. Though Mom wasn't as active as she once was, it was still a shock that she passed. In fact the day she passed she was scheduled to travel to Las Vegas with my one sister and brother-in-law for a little vacation.

I miss them both. I still talk to them. I wonder what they would think about some of the world's latest news. I know Dad would still love his TV sports and late night TV, while Mom would be glued to the Game Show Channel. Holidays, especially Thanksgiving and Christmas are a little bit empty since they passed - actually more than a little bit. Time doesn't really change that.

Happy Mother's Day Mom - talk with ya again soon Dad.

PS: I'll be 'visiting' them both this weekend . . . .

choprfgr 05-10-2013 10:51 PM

We are flying up to Boston to visit my Mom tomorrow.

She is 101 yrs old this year - I throw a big B-day party every
year and invite the entire family - 56 people.

Looking forward to the trip.

MTsVette 05-10-2013 11:19 PM

Very inspiring stories. Wow, teared up. My wife lost her dad in '96 and her mother just this year. I still have mine, although both are in their mid 70's. I don't stay in touch as much as I need to. Your heart-felt stories have stirred in me a renewed sense of responsibility to call and visit them more often...thank you.

It's true, when you lose a parent, a large hole is left in your heart.

Happy Mother's Day to all Moms, past and present. :)

MT

Paper Tiger 05-10-2013 11:33 PM

My Mom died a year and a half ago. I have been planning to get up early Sunday morning and go the the cemetery in my 427 Convertible. When I saw the thread title, I somehow knew what it was before I read it. I am an only child, so we were very close. SO I know how you feel.

donzi1 05-10-2013 11:35 PM

Lost my Dad then 31 days later lost my Mom in 2010
Brought them back to Canada in urns

Dad said to take him for a ride on Fathers day and take them both for a ride on Mothers day This will be the 3rd year.

They lived in New Orleans for 28 yrs , then retired to Florida for 20 yrs
Never missed a Sunday night phone call at 8 p.m.

My heart skips a beat if the phone rings at 8 on a Sunday...Ed

Glen1224 05-10-2013 11:43 PM

:sadangel:You bring tears to my eyes as I lost my mom in 2001 and dad in 2005. I miss them both dearly. I to take my vette to the cemetery whenever I can and just sit and pray. :sadangel: