CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   Fob programming #1 short or long method? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/3271638-fob-programming-1-short-or-long-method.html)

greenbeauty 05-15-2013 04:48 AM

Fob programming #1 short or long method?

I want to program my new fob for my C6..
The only fob I have is fob #2 (on the back) ..

I've bought a new one with #1 on it..

Can I use the short methode ?
Or do I need to do the erase all procedure ?

Short methode:

1. Put drivers window down all the way, then turn car off
2. Trunk open
3. Glove box open
4. Put working fob on console next to shifter (the one you are currently using to drive the car) IMPORTANT. Also make sure no cellphones are in the car.
5. Put key in trunk keyhole and turn key five times in less than 5 seconds.
6. DIC will now beep and light up and say “Ready for fob 3”.
7. Put new unprogrammed fob in slot by glovebox with buttons facing right (passenger) side.
8. Wait and watch DIC. When it says “Ready for fob 4” it is done. Up to four Fobs may be programmed to the car total.
9. When all Fobs are programmed, push OFF/ACC (bottom half of start button) to turn off DIC.
10. Test all four buttons on fob and then take away all other fobs and check car starting with new fob(s).

eboggs_jkvl 05-15-2013 10:34 AM

Long method and put the case with the #1 in as the first to be programmed.

Keep this handy..

>>C6 Fob Programming and Glove Box Slot Testing Procedures<<

Elmer

Bill Dearborn 05-15-2013 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by eboggs_jkvl (Post 1583905431)
Long method and put the case with the #1 in as the first to be programmed.

Keep this handy..

>>C6 Fob Programming and Glove Box Slot Testing Procedures<<

Elmer

:iagree: If you use the short method the new fob will be programmed as fob 3 and it will not have access to all of the DIC key choices.

Bill

greenbeauty 05-15-2013 11:40 AM

Mmm what dou mean with 'access all of the dic key choices??

What are those?...

eboggs_jkvl 05-15-2013 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by greenbeauty (Post 1583906009)
Mmm what dou mean with 'access all of the dic key choices??

What are those?...

When you are in the car with FOB #1 and have set your radio, side mirror, seat location, Welcome message on the DIC (mine has my name) etc. the car will remember those preferences the next time. If your SO uses FOB #2 and sets all of those things, the car will remember those when Key FOB #2 is used. FOBS 3 & 4 do not have that ability to program anything in the DIC.

Elmer

cclive 05-15-2013 12:21 PM

Exactly...#3 and 4 will only unlock the car and start it...seat position, radio stations etc etc will not be set as part of the deal. Use the full long procedure including the test of the glovebox slot...always a good idea before doing the long one.:thumbs: