CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Never realized this would happen so much in a Vette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3294668-never-realized-this-would-happen-so-much-in-a-vette.html)

michaelinmech 06-25-2013 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Hameister

Corvette...It's common knowledge that you're the fastest badass out there...game over!

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath (Post 1584240236)
:lol: :rofl: :lolg:

Good one, this was humor right?

Absolutely serious . . . unless, of course, you have one of those slow yellow ones . . . :flag:

Hameister 06-25-2013 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath (Post 1584240236)
:lol: :rofl: :lolg:

Good one, this was humor right?

Originally Posted by JJC5 (Post 1584240255)
Uh, really?

Ya see gentleman, it's a mind set, that will keep you from street racing the average street challenger, which is what this thread is all about. Works for me.

R0NIN 06-25-2013 12:10 AM

You should show them a little love... that's all they want

phileaglesfan 06-25-2013 12:13 AM

I know I didn't get any attention at all when I drove a rental minivan.

986_C6 06-25-2013 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by R0NIN (Post 1584240304)
You should show them a little love... that's all they want

That is another great perspective that we are all car guys. I have noticed there is no harm in revving the engine a little at the stop light and we all get a good grin out of it...usu nobody takes off crazy and there is no excessive speed involved.

ProfessorDeath 06-25-2013 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1584240298)
Ya see gentleman, it's a mind set, that will keep you from street racing the average street challenger, which is what this thread is all about. Works for me.

Simply not racing works just as well, but really? The delusion makes me chuckle.

Not that the Corvette isn't fast and/or badass, but there's plenty faster out there. Watched a 10 second diesel dually truck at the track a couple years ago. That's not even including exotics. The world of modded cars can be hilarious or humbling, depending on which end you're on. I've been on both.

:lol:

That being said, when I was much younger, dumber, and bulletproof, I would have been one of those people this thread is directed toward. And I can assure you, despite having only a lowly LS1 Z28, the Corvettes were always the most fun to toy with. The lopey cam, ground shaking exhaust, and near 600 rwhp never clued them in, and usually had them wondering why they lost. I doubt whether anyone here would be fooled, but plenty of Corvette guys think an engine is an engine, and theirs is "better." If I could get back all the cash I spent on tickets and lawyers, my "slow" yellow C6 would be paid off and I'd have enough left over for a "slow" yellow C7.

Life lessons, but you're only young once! A sports car in the hands of an 18 year old is a recipe for disaster. Not sure I'll ever mod a car that heavily again, but what else matters when you're that young?

ProfessorDeath 06-25-2013 12:41 AM

Oh, and also, thinking back, it makes me shudder to think how many lives I put in danger due to street racing. Anything can go wrong in the blink of an eye. I'm over that scene. I think we've all been there at some point in our lives.

hawkandersonjr 06-25-2013 06:23 AM

I have the same problem with Audi drivers. The vette appears to be a magnet for Audi's. I can spot them a mile away with all those LED light. Sometime I let them ride my bumper or I just get move over then some days I just suck them up the exhaust system.:thumbs:

tprice 06-25-2013 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584239737)
They're just frisky and foolish from the summertime heat. Keep your class and your cool; let them tear up their equipment and waste gas !! :thumbs:

Pretty much the way I look at it, just kind of caught me off guard

I do have a Dodge Hemi truck that I drive and only one time can I recall someone doing that

Guess we are still adjusting to the "looks" you get driving a Vette(We have always been the ones LOOKING for years). In fact was leaving my school board meeting tonight, yes had to drive it just to show it off:D, and couple other board members driving BMW's/Mercedes had they mouths foaming while looking at it.

Have to admit I/We are REALLY ENJOYING this car:D:D:rock::rock::thumbs::thumbs::chee rs:

USAF 06-25-2013 07:02 AM

I will grow old.

I will NEVER grow up.

Let's race

USAF

brettbolt 06-25-2013 07:22 AM

Happened to me VERY SOON after purchasing a '13 Grand Sport.

A Poitiac GS revved his engine, begging for a race. OK, I'm 55 and a little old for juvenile stunts like stop light racing. Don't want a speeding ticket or a wreck so I just let him indulge himself, thinking he won. LOL.

I just proceeded normally from the stop light. He'll die in an accident at a young age. I hope to make it past 100.

2012Z06 06-25-2013 07:36 AM

Happens to me almost every time I drive the Z06. Last weekend a few kids in an eclipse were giving me the finger out there window trying to get me to race them. I just opened the baffles, revved it, and smiled. They rolled up there windows and stopped. I'm not going to risk my license and my 100K car to prove something to some idiot.

IrishSpuds 06-25-2013 07:45 AM

I had a different experience; I rolled to a stop at a red next to a C5 driven by an older gent. You could tell at least someone behind was prepping for a face off. Didn't happen - in fact we were both painfully slow off the green out of respect, I am sure we were a huge disappointment.

plasboy 06-25-2013 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by bar20 (Post 1584240081)
I wouldn't know. Here in Oregon 1/2 the cars are a Toyota Prius and the other 1/2 are Subaru Outback's.

Which half are you in?:rofl:

SK360 06-25-2013 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Hameister (Post 1584240129)
Maybe I'm the only one that feels this way, but owning a 'vette, most any 'vette, makes the statement, that you have nothing to prove.

It's common knowledge that you're the fastest badass out there...game over!

Wow... you've gotta be a troll.

johnny3 06-25-2013 07:57 AM

Every time I drive mine this happens in one form or another, I've had 6 Corvettes over the last 40 years & I'm used to it, really I look at it as a complement, these cars are truly attention getters.

IrishSpuds 06-25-2013 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by SK360 (Post 1584241378)

Why would you say that? I tend to agree with the previous poster - a Vette means you have nothing to prove. It's power speaks for itself and combine that with the fact that most Vette owners are of a more mature vintage, little street shenanigans are likely. I like my Vette just knowing it has power eventhough I very rarely use it.

LEAVINU 06-25-2013 08:01 AM

All that stops with a nice sized cam and Corsas outback. :thumbs:

crAzy 06-25-2013 08:04 AM

No one ever messes with me. I just have a 06 Z with a CAI only and the fuse pulled on the exhaust. Wish people would rev at me.

Hameister 06-25-2013 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by SK360 (Post 1584241378)

Awww, I'm sorry if my post upset you. :lol: