CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Any forum dealers want my business/deposit? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3299811-any-forum-dealers-want-my-business-deposit.html)

mark1107 07-04-2013 01:10 AM

Any forum dealers want my business/deposit?

Now that I have your attention,

I know I am late to the game,

but I'd love to put a deposit down on a C7.

Please PM me.

Thank you,

Mark

vegasredz062 07-04-2013 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by mark1107 (Post 1584319078)

Please PM me.

Thank you,

Mark

go ahead and PM after mark.:D

Red , black rims. everything else is negotiable :thumbs:

MikeyTX 07-04-2013 12:45 PM

Let's see .............. The allocations are sold out till the dawn of the second coming and y'all think they're going to come to you ? Start contacting them by using the dealer list in the side panel.

Davidl81 07-04-2013 01:07 PM

The initial allocation is not sold out like others on here would have you believe. Kebeck has a good amount open, and also does Rick Conti. I ordered mine from Rick and he is a super good guy to deal with. Maybe give him a call.

MikeyTX 07-04-2013 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1584321743)
Let's see .............. The allocations are sold out till the dawn of the second coming and y'all think they're going to come to you ? Start contacting them by using the dealer list in the side panel.

Originally Posted by Davidl81 (Post 1584321916)
The initial allocation is not sold out like others on here would have you believe. Kebeck has a good amount open, and also does Rick Conti. I ordered mine from Rick and he is a super good guy to deal with. Maybe give him a call.

This is true. I was being sarcastic to some extent. My point is as yours ............ They need to contact the dealer !

Dave@Ciocca 07-04-2013 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by mark1107 (Post 1584319078)

Please PM me.

Thank you,

Mark

We were allocated 507 Stingrays for the first 6 to 9 months. Of that, 355 are coupes. We've taken about 150 coupe deposits. After today's allocation I'll have 135 of those 150 moving into the productions stage so if you ordered from us you would have a very short wait to get your car into production.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday! :flag:

Dave

NoOne 07-04-2013 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Dave@Kerbeck.com (Post 1584322207)
We were allocated 507 Stingrays for the first 6 to 9 months. Of that, 355 are coupes. We've taken about 150 coupe deposits. After today's allocation I'll have 135 of those 150 moving into the productions stage so if you ordered from us you would have a very short wait to get your car into production.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday! :flag:

Dave

Do you believe that is low? This would say quite a bit about demand for the car. I have my deposit in but with the Internet I thought the number accounted for would be much higher. Or do you expect it to grow as the car makes its rounds?

Maybe some people are still gun shy about ordering out of state but considering local dealers around here still have plenty of availability maybe demand is not that high?

BTW if I was in the OP's shoes and was serious there is nothing wrong with his post. I talked to a few dealers before I placed my deposit with Mike at Criswell.

I took their initial lack of interest in my questions as a demonstration of how they would be as things went on. One or two of them had the attitude that since they had allocation that was good enough and didn't care to answer questions or spend much time on the phone.

I don't care if you have 1 car to sell or 100, the effort put forth should be the same. Unless I'm incorrect the C7 holds a tidy profit for the dealers over most of their other vehicles and the value the dealer provides is part of them earning that profit.

For the record Kerbeck was not one of the dealers I spoke with.

Dave@Ciocca 07-04-2013 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 1584322297)
Do you believe that is low? This would say quite a bit about demand for the car. I have my deposit in but with the Internet I thought the number accounted for would be much higher. Or do you expect it to grow as the car makes its rounds?

Not at all! Remember some of the forum dealers have been taking orders since last October. We didn't start taking orders until May 31 and have over 200 orders (coupes and converts) in 30 days!

Dave

JoesC5 07-04-2013 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by NoOne (Post 1584322297)

Maybe some people are still gun shy about ordering out of state but considering local dealers around here still have plenty of availability maybe demand is not that high?

BTW if I was in the OP's shoes and was serious there is nothing wrong with his post. I talked to a few dealers before I placed my deposit with Mike at Criswell.

I took their initial lack of interest in my questions as a demonstration of how they would be as things went on. One or two of them had the attitude that since they had allocation that was good enough and didn't care to answer questions or spend much time on the phone.

I don't care if you have 1 car to sell or 100, the effort put forth should be the same. Unless I'm incorrect the C7 holds a tidy profit for the dealers over most of their other vehicles and the value the dealer provides is part of them earning that profit.

For the record Kerbeck was not one of the dealers I spoke with.

Even the holdback. If you were a dealer, would you rather have 3% holdback on a $65,000 Corvette or 3% holdback on a $20,000 Cruze?

Also, I bet it takes less of the dealer's time to sell a Corvette than it does to sell a Cruze.

Bill17601 07-04-2013 04:46 PM

Chevrolet knows the big three dealers will put cars on the street. Smaller dealers might want to keep there little allotments in their show rooms to draw.

Once people start seeing these cars on the street the demand will grow. Hats off to the big three. All from the east coast and all class companies.:thumbs:

JoesC5 07-04-2013 04:51 PM

Like I told another forum member that was looking to buy a C7.

"Would you rather be #149 on the list of dealer that is getting 150 cars or #152 on the list of a dealer who is getting 507 cars, especially if you are paying the same price at both dealers?"

MikeyTX 07-04-2013 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bill17601 (Post 1584323231)

Once people start seeing these cars on the street the demand will grow. Hats off to the big three. All from the east coast and all class companies.:thumbs:

Bill, I truly hope you're right. Because if it doesn't happen and in the numbers GM is wanting, I fear the worst. And I for one do not want to see that happen.

michaelinmech 07-04-2013 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1584323273)
Like I told another forum member that was looking to buy a C7.

"Would you rather be #149 on the list of dealer that is getting 150 cars or #152 on the list of a dealer who is getting 507 cars, especially if you are paying the same price at both dealers?"

Is this like: If a train heading east leaves at 1:00 doing 50mph, and a train heading west leaves at 1:00 doing 50mph, which train has the C7 on it ??

JoesC5 07-04-2013 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by michaelinmech (Post 1584323295)
Is this like: If a train heading east leaves at 1:00 doing 50mph, and a train heading west leaves at 1:00 doing 50mph, which train has the C7 on it ??

Depends on which train is pulled by a 2200 class Baldwin 4-8-4 and which one is pulled by a ABBA set of EMD FT's?

BRCC 07-04-2013 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1584323339)
Depends on which train is pulled by a 2200 class Baldwin 4-8-4 and which one is pulled by a ABBA set of EMD FT's?

I'll bet on the EMD FTs:rofl:

MikeyTX 07-04-2013 05:35 PM

ABBA set of EMD FT

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1584323339)

ABBA FT's used to pull the California Zephyr. Sure do miss that train. :cry

Greg00Coupe 07-04-2013 05:54 PM

One of the mysteries of life....... no dealer comes to you. You put a post out there like this and you would think someone would say sure I'll sell ya one.

I think I am done ordering cars. I'll go to their lot, see it, negotiate and make my mind up.

Have not found a dealer who makes the process as smooth as it should be. Yea you may think oh so and so did me well but when push comes to shove or there is an issue, all they worry about is themselves.

JoesC5 07-04-2013 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyTX (Post 1584323508)
ABBA FT's used to pull the California Zephyr. Sure do miss that train. :cry

The FT's were history(no longer built by EMD) when the original California Zephyr began in March, 1949.

The CB&Q purchased F3's in 3 unit lash ups for 4,500 HP as did the WP.
The D&RGW originally purchased ALCO PA's in two unit lash ups for 6,000 HP but shortly afterwards purchased EMD F3's in 4 unit lash ups for 6,000 HP for the Zephyr.

The CB&Q owned FT's but none were equipped with steam generators necessary for passenger service. They were used only in freight service and traded in for GP30's.

The Golden age of passenger travel(and railroading in general).

One of the Zephyr's Dome Observations is in private hands. I last saw it in Chicago some 15 years ago when the privately owned SL-SF 14-4 Pullman I was in was parked next to it .

I have a photo of myself sitting in the engineer's seat of one of the very rare CB&Q's E5's pulling a full train of streamlined cars( I believe they were all ex Zephyr cars, but not sure) when it was at the BN's diesel shops getting a cylinder & head replaced. That consist is now at the Illinois Railway museum in Union, IL.

MikeyTX 07-04-2013 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1584323731)
The FT's were history(no longer built by EMD) when the original California Zephyr began in March, 1949.

The CB&Q purchased F3's in 3 unit lash ups for 4,500 HP as did the WP.
The D&RGW originally purchased ALCO PA's in two unit lash ups for 6,000 HP but shortly afterwards purchased EMD F3's in 4 unit lash ups for 6,000 HP for the Zephyr.

The CB&Q owned FT's but none were equipped with steam generators necessary for passenger service. They were used only in freight service and traded in for GP30's.

The Golden age of passenger travel(and railroading in general).

One of the Zephyr's Dome Observations is in private hands. I last saw it in Chicago some 15 years ago when the privately owned SL-SF 14-4 Pullman I was in was parked next to it .

I have a photo of myself sitting in the engineer's seat of one of the very rare CB&Q's E5's pulling a full train of streamlined cars( I believe they were all ex Zephyr cars, but not sure) when it was at the BN's diesel shops getting a cylinder & head replaced. That consist is now at the Illinois Railway museum in Union, IL.

:D They sure look similar. I was a young one when my folks would take my sister and I on it to visit family out west.

66dreams 07-04-2013 09:32 PM

:lurk: