CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   Okay, don't laugh but... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3302215-okay-dont-laugh-but.html)

LIE2ME 07-08-2013 09:16 PM

Okay, don't laugh but...

I bought my 2012 Carlisle Blue coupe brand new in March of 2012. Since then, the car has NEVER seen rain. I'm serious, I have never even switched on the windshield wipers. I have other vehicles I drive when the weather is the least bit threatening.

Well, after nearly three weeks of pouring rain every single day, I couldn't stand it a day longer. I needed my Corvette "fix". With rain chances hovering around 30%, I decided to chance it and drive the 'Vette to work.

On the way home the sky absolutely opened up. I am talking a deluge of positively biblical proportions. I'm not sure, but I think some old guy in a houseboat full of animals passed me on the interstate. I'm unsure, since visibility was on the order of five feet.

I did arrive home safely and my very wet sports car is now drying out in the garage as I write this. Needless to say, I'll be detailing my baby this weekend...

I am conflicted here. Have I finally popped my bad weather "cherry" and will now take the car out more often?, or...

Does 10% become my new maximum rain chance?

I do have withdrawals when a week has passed w/o taking the beast out. Uh, decisions, decisions...:sadangel:

black.z51.c6 07-08-2013 09:20 PM

Don't freak out but I don't garage my car... and drive it year round

BlueAngelSAE 07-08-2013 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Silverblue (Post 1584358344)
I bought my 2012 Carlisle Blue coupe brand new in March of 2012. Since then, the car has NEVER seen rain. I'm serious, I have never even switched on the windshield wipers. I have other vehicles I drive when the weather is the least bit threatening.

Well, after nearly three weeks of pouring rain every single day, I couldn't stand it a day longer. I needed my Corvette "fix". With rain chances hovering around 30%, I decided to chance it and drive the 'Vette to work.

On the way home the sky absolutely opened up. I am talking a deluge of positively biblical proportions. I'm not sure, but I think some old guy in a houseboat full of animals passed me on the interstate. I'm unsure, since visibility was on the order of five feet.

I did arrive home safely and my very wet sports car is now drying out in the garage as I write this. Needless to say, I'll be detailing my baby this weekend...

I am conflicted here. Have I finally popped my bad weather "cherry" and will now take the car out more often?, or...

Does 10% become my new maximum rain chance?

I do have withdrawals when a week has passed w/o taking the beast out. Uh, decisions, decisions...:sadangel:

Hmmm...mine sees rain, still fun to drive in the rain.....you popped your cherry now drive it!:woohoo:

abates 07-08-2013 09:22 PM

Others may tell you to sell it, it's ruined since it got wet. However, as you can now see, Corvettes do not melt in the rain. Just drive and enjoy it!

michaelinmech 07-08-2013 09:26 PM

You are sooooooooooo fortunate . . . . Carlisle Blue is the only waterproof paint color ever used on a Corvette. :thumbs:

IrishSpuds 07-08-2013 09:28 PM

Epic fail on two counts; as was obvious under your slightly delusional state, you did in fact pass Noah in his ark - take a picture man or face the scorn of our fellow members for our skepticism is beyond biblical. Next time have the good sense to read your owners manual where it very CLEARLY indicates on page 1,042 that not only did Moses part the Red Sea for Exidous, it was predetermined that the true salvation from rice mediocrity would arrive in the form of a Corvette - You Sir, with all due respect turned your arse on this well established religious principle.

If you insist upon desecrating your 'ride' bring an umbrella or at least a bible to shield you from damnation.

A pox upon your key fob....

Hameister 07-08-2013 09:33 PM

Sell it, it's ruined.

PM me with a price, but remember it's heavily water damaged, and is in need of detailing!

black.z51.c6 07-08-2013 09:35 PM

Next time you may want to title the tread Okay, don't break my balls but

LIE2ME 07-08-2013 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by IrishSpuds (Post 1584358468)
Epic fail on two counts; as was obvious under your slightly delusional state, you did in fact pass Noah in his ark - take a picture man or face the scorn of our fellow members for our skepticism is beyond biblical. Next time have the good sense to read your owners manual where it very CLEARLY indicates on page 1,042 that not only did Moses part the Red Sea for Exidous, it was predetermined that the true salvation from rice mediocrity would arrive in the form of a Corvette - You Sir, with all due respect turned your arse on this well established religious principle.

If you insist upon desecrating your 'ride' bring an umbrella or at least a bible to shield you from damnation.

A pox upon your key fob....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:. That my friend was funny. Almost makes my water soaked floor mats worth the experience....

IrishSpuds 07-08-2013 09:36 PM

Flood damaged at a minimum - carfax looks like Queen Elizabeth's posterior - at best. Run to the crusher and consider alcohol as truly underrated.

CodyC6 07-08-2013 09:37 PM

Well, when you post it on autotrader, now you don't have to say never driven in rain. :rofl:

It's funny , this same thing happened to me a couple weeks ago, I had to learn the the wiper control setup.

POP! Drive it more. We may drop tomorrow.

JJPonzini 07-08-2013 09:46 PM

Since we've been getting all this rain, I'm as familiar with with Vette wiper controls as my Dodge DD.

tealex 07-08-2013 09:52 PM

know exactly how you feel.....bought my 13 gs in January and it has not seen rain yet.

C6ROLLER 07-08-2013 09:55 PM

Bro life is WAYYY too short, it's just a car...you can't take it with you when you die...after all it's water you drove thru not rocks...drive your car whenever you want...

Tonylmiller 07-08-2013 10:01 PM

Yeah, I had to drive mine today, too. I couldn't let it sit all week. It got rained on, but I didn't have to drive it in the rain. It didn't seem to hurt it...

:D

berk4422 07-08-2013 10:02 PM

It's totaled...

LIE2ME 07-08-2013 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by berk4422 (Post 1584358801)
It's totaled...

Damn, I was afraid of that...:ack:

C6ROLLER 07-08-2013 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by berk4422 (Post 1584358801)
It's totaled...

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

not08crmanymore 07-08-2013 10:24 PM

It's one of the Commandments...the 13th I believe..

Here...BLASPHAMY!!!THOU SHALT NOT DRIVE THY CORVETTE IN THE RAIN...

Jimmy52 07-08-2013 10:33 PM

Seriously??? you don't want to take your car out in the rain because it's a vette? In that case, I best sell mine because it rains daily here in Florida. No way in hell I'd spend thousands on a car just so it can look pretty 24/7. Drive em! I say. That's why we buy them!!!rain or no rain.:yesnod: