CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Is anyone letting thier dealer keep your car in the showrrom? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3304739-is-anyone-letting-thier-dealer-keep-your-car-in-the-showrrom.html)

mrrrkva 07-13-2013 05:42 PM

Is anyone letting thier dealer keep your car in the showrrom?

The dealer asked me if they could keep my corvette in the showroom for a week after it came in. Is anyone else doing this. I am a little nervous about it.

BlueOx 07-13-2013 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by mrrrkva (Post 1584398690)
The dealer asked me if they could keep my corvette in the showroom for a week after it came in. Is anyone else doing this. I am a little nervous about it.

No. I'd tell him to buy one of the Stingray Premiere Editions. Thats what they are for.

got2bblu 07-13-2013 05:52 PM

I am with B.O. Just say no.

Sin City 07-13-2013 06:04 PM

Does he do you any favors?

No, I didn't think so. I just answered your question for you. :)

You'll do your dealer more good if you drive it around town. They'll go to him.

You know why he wants it? Not to sell more Corvettes but to get more looky-loos in the showroom and sell them a new Silverado. Most likely he's already sold his Premier edition over MSRP and he needs something to fill in the gap.

Bottom line: You paid for it. You drive it. Let the dealer worry about his marketing issues.

Cruiter 07-13-2013 06:28 PM

My 1st thought was it would be nice to have it admired that way.
My 2nd thought was 250 people (minimum) in a week crawling through it and/or leaning on it/scratching it, drooling on it (and in it) and kids with shoes-bubble gum.
My 3rd thought was no unless...

They roped it off and hired a Brinks Security 'Armed' guard to start when the dealer doors opened and stay till they closed.

BlueOx 07-13-2013 06:32 PM

I would definitely say no if for no other reason than the longer it sits there, the more opportunity for some one, some how, some way to screw some thing up before I got it home. Murphy's law has a longer time to take place.:eek:

69L79 07-13-2013 06:55 PM

Ya gotta love the Stealers. :lol: Is he giving you a few bucks off MSRP? How about free GMPP? Free lifetime oil changes? I didn't think so. You get the point. :yesnod: No way I would do that. :nono:

R&L's C6 07-13-2013 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by BlueOx (Post 1584398997)
I would definitely say no if for no other reason than the longer it sits there, the more opportunity for some one, some how, some way to screw some thing up before I got it home. Murphy's law has a longer time to take place.:eek:

:iagree:

I bought a 2011 off the showroom floor and later noticed that my drivers door had a crack by the bottom hinge from someone overextending the door open..... and I know it wasn't me.

Zymurgy 07-13-2013 07:41 PM

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...ies/HellNo.gif

66dreams 07-13-2013 07:59 PM

Absolutely not unless you want everybody and their brother all over your car. This is also highly unusual. I want to see a C7 at the dealer. All have told me they will come off the truck and be in the hands of the owner that day or the next.

C7 101 car 07-13-2013 08:10 PM

:crazy: :crazy2:

Vette Nut 07-13-2013 08:23 PM

Go ahead i want to come check it out

ANTIVNOM 07-13-2013 08:39 PM

The only way I'd agree to that is if A) They agreed to have the car roped off and nobody - and I do mean NOBODY was allowed to so much as touch it and B) there was something in it for you for doing that. Either a discount, free service, etc.

C7 BOB 07-13-2013 08:41 PM

I bought the very first 1988 Mazda RX-7 Convertible at the local dealer. They coerced me into letting them put it in the showroom for several days - no test drives. I reluctantly agreed. The next day they called and asked me to come get it, because they were afraid something would happen to it. I said "I'll be right there!" It was OK, but I would never do that again. :willy:

Sin City 07-13-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by C6BOB (Post 1584399841)
I bought the very first 1988 Mazda RX-7 Convertible at the local dealer. They coerced me into letting them put it in the showroom for several days - no test drives. I reluctantly agreed. The next day they called and asked me to come get it, because they were afraid something would happen to it. I said "I'll be right there!" It was OK, but I would never do that again. :willy:

I hate to say this but a car in a dealership showroom is treated like trash by visitors. They don't think it's anyone's car. They think it's the dealer's car so it's their problem.

Same for auto shows. It's amazing what people do to the cars at autoshows. They must have to steam clean the interiors of everyone to resell them.

Last year I agreed to put my 458 spider on display at Sema for a wheel maker as a favor. I only had the car about 3 weeks. I sweated those three days. Nothing happened but I don't want that feeling again!

michaelinmech 07-13-2013 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ANTIVNOM (Post 1584399817)
The only way I'd agree to that is if A) They agreed to have the car roped off and nobody - and I do mean NOBODY was allowed to so much as touch it and B) there was something in it for you for doing that. Either a discount, free service, etc.

^ :iagree: And with more focus on A than B . . . . .

m kraz 07-13-2013 08:46 PM

NO WAY MAN :crazy: :crazy2:

DoTheyMakeOtherCars? 07-13-2013 08:54 PM

Not a chance. It better go of the transport...to make ready...to me. No one drives it except on the dealer lot.

CRABBYJ 07-13-2013 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by 66dreams (Post 1584399530)
Absolutely not unless you want everybody and their brother all over your car. This is also highly unusual. I want to see a C7 at the dealer. All have told me they will come off the truck and be in the hands of the owner that day or the next.

That. I was even so anal I had the dealer call as soon as the transporter arrived with my '05 C6 so I could view the actual mileage on the odometer as it was the first C6 delivered to Delaware back in 2004.

No additional mileage when delivered to me the next day after prep but no doubt just about everyone at the dealer got to sit in it that first night. At least in my dreams (nightmare) that happened :eek: :flag:

harley2 07-13-2013 10:03 PM

No!!!!!!!:thumbs::thumbs: