CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous-123/)
-   -   Forced Induction on my c7 z51 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-forced-induction-nitrous/3305105-forced-induction-on-my-c7-z51.html)

irun4cops 07-14-2013 01:46 PM

Forced Induction on my c7 z51

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c7-g...on-my-z51.html

Anyone who plans to attempt to be at the forefront of pushing air into an lt1 motor, come on over and comment.

They dont have an FI section in c7 forum yet. So i figure ill post this here to try to gain some traffic to help me with my puzzle.

Basically trying to be one of the first guys doing this, and i plan to drive the car until someone has some turbo headers,

and can convince me they have half a clue how to crack these computers without an issue and tune the air fuels on the LT1.

I have a car that will be here very soon, first batch, and 2 new garrett gt30 turbos that are the ones lingenfelter chose to use on 427 ls7 packages.

Plumbing boost pipes and intercoolers and upgrading fuel systems, i can handle.

Headers and computers... is where im in over my head.

Car is located in central ohio.

I live in jupiter florida, so car can be taken there as well.

Throwing that out there for individuals or shops who may be nearby who want to come take a peek.

Thanks everyone.

irun4cops 07-14-2013 02:40 PM

If there are any header companies looking to use a C7 car/motor/turbos for mock up, and willing to cut a person a deal, I have garrett gt30 turbos from a lingenfelter c6 z06 tt package that are proven to work great on LS motors.

And my car should be here soon.

Unreal 07-14-2013 03:54 PM

Friends that own a turbo shop already have a car on order. They will have a nice TT kit out ASAP.

irun4cops 07-14-2013 03:56 PM

wonder what turbos they plan to run?

Unreal 07-14-2013 04:24 PM

Probably similar to their 5th gen camaro kits, whatever turbos fit the customer needs the best. They offer BW, Precision, their own, Garret, Turbonetics, etc. Probably be like the camaro kit and start with twin 56mms with upgrades to 61 and 66s, but whatever fits. No one can say until the cars are out and they start fabbing up parts.

debo 07-14-2013 11:42 PM

:lurk:

lilmiller74 07-15-2013 12:03 AM

Give Ips motorsports a call or get ahold of atomicfusion on here. they are located here in columbus.

irun4cops 07-15-2013 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by lilmiller74 (Post 1584408984)
Give Ips motorsports a call or get ahold of atomicfusion on here. they are located here in columbus.

are they located in columbus? you dont say? lol. I know them all well.

But yeah...

Lets move onto some other shops who can custom fab turbo headers.

Unreal 07-15-2013 12:14 AM

I know my friends will be casting everything, but that will be atleast 6 months to get molds/first articles/etc done. That is why they are taking the car apart the first day they get it. They need to get the molds done and the casting started.

lilmiller74 07-15-2013 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by irun4cops (Post 1584409001)
are they located in columbus? you dont say? lol. I know them all well.

But yeah...

Lets move onto some other shops who can custom fab turbo headers.

Yes, and they can fab custom turbo headers. they have several of there on production kits now.

irun4cops 07-15-2013 09:56 AM

*other

irun4cops 07-15-2013 09:57 AM

i prefer not to go to their shop is what i am trying to say.

Im well aware what they are capable of doing. And im not going to elaborate here.

So lets list some other shops please.

irun4cops 07-15-2013 09:59 AM

im only looking for header work. thats all i need at the moment someone who specializes in that.

DOUG @ ECS 07-15-2013 11:41 AM

We will have our supercharger kit ironed out within weeks of the car hitting our door, we have already started the cad drawings so it's just final fitment once it gets here. We have several cars already scheduled for installs as well, so it will be in kit form very shortly afterwards.
I know Pfadt is already working on headers for the C7 and I'm sure ARH as well.
All the common performance products will be available very shortly after the car is available, and many have already been made off the of the CAD drawings, so I would not worry much about that!

irun4cops 07-15-2013 06:33 PM

I think you know as well as i do the delay is going to be tuning the cars...

I have yet to hear anyone say they have cracked the tumbling encryption and have half a clue how to adjust the tune for boost.

I hope performance companies dont make fools out of themselves and promise things that they wont be able to deliver.

I have a lot of respect for the shops who admit they dont have it figured out and are open to solutions.

I spent a few hours today lining up hackers on my own dollar to get into the computer of the c7 and figure out how it works. Needless to say, i wouldnt be surprised if some shops dont figure it out for 6 months time.

And at that point, it honestly doesnt matter what aftermarket products they have... if there isnt tune for the product.

If you guys figure it out, i will be willing to pay you top dollar to tune my turbo car once its done.

Unreal 07-15-2013 07:40 PM

ECUs have been cracked since day one. Tuning is similar to the old setups.

Detoxx03 07-15-2013 10:42 PM

Yep ECU is all set and ready to go.

londonk 07-15-2013 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS (Post 1584411519)
We will have our supercharger kit ironed out within weeks of the car hitting our door, we have already started the cad drawings so it's just final fitment once it gets here. We have several cars already scheduled for installs as well, so it will be in kit form very shortly afterwards.
I know Pfadt is already working on headers for the C7 and I'm sure ARH as well.
All the common performance products will be available very shortly after the car is available, and many have already been made off the of the CAD drawings, so I would not worry much about that!

I told Chris you can use my car when it gets here .... no problem at all

DOUG @ ECS 07-16-2013 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by londonk (Post 1584417742)
I told Chris you can use my car when it gets here .... no problem at all

The red one or the blue one? :lol:

And like others have said, tuning is not a problem. Every major tuner has been getting started on the 2014 Silverado which has the same ECU anyway.

Pekka_Perkeles 07-16-2013 10:10 AM

So boosted 2014 Silverado's must be yesterday's news?

:-)

Just kidding. But I guess that's where it starts. No?