CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   C6 vs. C7 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3308031-c6-vs-c7.html)

bluesdaddy 07-19-2013 12:23 PM

C6 vs. C7

Have a situation... Good-one as per a lot of folks problems.... but:-)
I so want to NOW more than EVER keep my C6, I waited and we were so pumped-up, as per the C7, WTF, is that (Rear) about? Seems like they tried to Push a Camaro off on us... I have so tried to get over this, and the rest of the car is well...no words for it- (Wonderful)....
They lost a Corvette person here, as per this car..... Will keep our C6,
and enjoy her, If we wanted a Camaro, I'd purchased one!!! and.. since I am on a roll-LOL
"It's a good thing Arkus-Duntov is long gone; he'd be ashamed to have his name associated with this".... Just an old mans view, and had 15 Vettes:-) Please tell me if I am wrong, Just hate this!!! Bob:smash:

noz34me 07-19-2013 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584448172)
I so want to NOW more than EVER keep my C6, I waited and we were so pumped-up, as per the C7, WTF, is that (Rear) about? Seems like they tried to Push a Camaro off on us... I have so tried to get over this, and the rest of the car is well...no words for it- (Wonderful)....
and enjoy her, If we wanted a Camaro, I'd purchased one!!! and.. since I am on a roll-LOL
"It's a good thing Arkus-Duntov is long gone; he'd be ashamed to have his name associated with this".... Just an old mans view, and had 15 Vettes:-) Please tell me if I am wrong, Just hate this!!! Bob:smash:

I agree with what you said, probably not as passionately though.

It will be interesting to see if, given the general negativity surrounding the tail lights if there is a redesign soon. Sometimes change is hard.

Corvette Junkie 07-19-2013 12:28 PM

:beatdeadhorse:

Torchsport 07-19-2013 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by Corvette Junkie (Post 1584448230)
:beatdeadhorse:

:iagree:
Not a new topic. Here, or in the proper C7 section.

corvetteflier 07-19-2013 12:34 PM

Well discussed topic, and I agree with you. The cylinder deactivation turns me off even more than the tail lights, however. That's why I bought a '13. I can't say I hate the C7 design, but they could have done it better, imo. They well may over the next few years. I can wait.

Nueboch 07-19-2013 12:41 PM

I was all fired up about the C7 but with the 427 coming out and being discounted, that finished the C7 debate for me. I did wait until the C7 was unveiled. That said, I have a feeling that in a couple of years and after looking at one in person and when the soft tops debut, I'll be in line for a C7. For now, I have no regrets, love the C6 in all of its variations. I have no serious issues with the rear end on the C7, been growing on me and if you look at a C7 and the Camaro side by side there is no confusion as to which is which. But, no wide body yet. Narrow tires, round tail light gone and if my dealer is correct, the C7 will throw a code if you try to put a skip shift eliminator on the M7. I do like the interior in the C7 but all I can go by is the pictures and a few comments from people that have actually seen one in person. Looks like a real drivers car but not sure how a passenger will feel in one.

The Z51 option looks like the way to go for the first year at least.

Don-Vette 07-19-2013 12:44 PM

The back of the C7 looks bad ass!! And doesn't even remotely look like a camaro IMO

semp65 07-19-2013 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nueboch (Post 1584448339)
I was all fired up about the C7 but with the 427 coming out and being discounted, that finished the C7 debate for me. I did wait until the C7 was unveiled. That said, I have a feeling that in a couple of years and after looking at one in person and when the soft tops debut, I'll be in line for a C7. For now, I have no regrets, love the C6 in all of its variations. I have no serious issues with the rear end on the C7, been growing on me and if you look at a C7 and the Camaro side by side there is no confusion as to which is which. But, no wide body yet. Narrow tires, round tail light gone and if my dealer is correct, the C7 will throw a code if you try to put a skip shift eliminator on the M7. I do like the interior in the C7 but all I can go by is the pictures and a few comments from people that have actually seen one in person. Looks like a real drivers car but not sure how a passenger will feel in one.

The Z51 option looks like the way to go for the first year at least.

Your response is spot on for me as well. I wonder how many Corvette lovers feel the same way. In addition, if the C7 is a successful product for GM, is it possible that we may not even see a wide body addition?

not08crmanymore 07-19-2013 03:03 PM

For me it was the initial GUT reaction that told me the C7 is a no go for me.Not to mention the fact I think the entire car is a hideous monstrosity, in no way deserving of the iconic STINGRAY moniker,...and nothing more than a character for a Saturday morning cartoon!Technology notwithstanding.

ATC399 07-19-2013 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by Don-Vette (Post 1584448363)
The back of the C7 looks bad ass!! And doesn't even remotely look like a camaro IMO

:iagree:

OP's a neeebie...joined in Jun..go figure...

vig1116 07-19-2013 04:42 PM

I'm wondering, like said earlier, if they will suffer loss of any sales enough to change a little mid stream. I have a feeling though a lot will "settle" on the existing design simply because it is (or should be) better performance wise, so maybe sales won't suffer??? Time will tell.

cor66vette 07-19-2013 04:45 PM

My next Vette without question will be a C7. :thumbs:

Joe1968ny 07-19-2013 05:52 PM

Give it a couple of years. We will love the C7. For now my GS is the car for me today.

LOUSVETTE 07-19-2013 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by bluesdaddy (Post 1584448172)

i agree 100%. Dislike the C7 so much (espically the rear) I just bought a 2013 Grand Sport. LOVING IT!

91redragtop 07-19-2013 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Joe1968ny (Post 1584450868)
Give it a couple of years. We will love the C7. For now my GS is the car for me today.

Who is this WE you are referring to? I hope you aren't including me in it because in it's current configuration, I'll never like the C7!! I loved the C5 from the first time I saw it and bought one. I wasn't too crazy about the C6 until the widebodies came out and fell in love with them the first time I saw one. My GS will probably be the last Corvette I own unless the C8 is a knock-out!!

FlyerVette 07-19-2013 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by 91redragtop (Post 1584451425)
Who is this WE you are referring to? I hope you aren't including me in it because in it's current configuration, I'll never like the C7!! I loved the C5 from the first time I saw it and bought one. I wasn't too crazy about the C6 until the widebodies came out and fell in love with them the first time I saw one. My GS will probably be the last Corvette I own unless the C8 is a knock-out!!

I would think using the term "we" he is generalizing and naturally is not attempting to include every last person or every last Corvette owner.

Mad*Max 07-19-2013 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Joe1968ny (Post 1584450868)

but they still need to get rid of the cheap plastic on the bottom of the back

rakuhn 07-19-2013 08:06 PM

I will pass on the C7, it simply does not appeal to me. My C6 looks better to me than the new one.

glenB 07-19-2013 08:10 PM

I want my click back, and a piece of pie

Johnny_B_Good 07-19-2013 08:15 PM

The C7 looks a lot better in person, but I’m still happy with my C6.:thumbs: