CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance-101/)
-   -   Service Shop in DC/MD AREA (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-tech-performance/3311029-service-shop-in-dc-md-area.html)

Toppdon 07-24-2013 04:41 PM

Service Shop in DC/MD AREA

Hi Gang, I just bought an 05 C6 Vert a couple of weeks ago from a dealer in VA. I am having issues with Service Charging System, Service Traction System and now car will not start. Dealer I bought it from says they put a new battery in a coiuple months back. It has 84k miles and is a 6speed that has Kooks Long Tube Headers, mild cam, Corsa Exhaust and Intake... Does anyone know of an honest shop that can service/maintain the car that won't charge as much as the local dealer? Any help is appreciated.

Flying24 07-24-2013 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Toppdon (Post 1584491677)
Hi Gang, I just bought an 05 C6 Vert a couple of weeks ago from a dealer in VA. I am having issues with Service Charging System, Service Traction System and now car will not start. Dealer I bought it from says they put a new battery in a coiuple months back. It has 84k miles and is a 6speed that has Kooks Long Tube Headers, mild cam, Corsa Exhaust and Intake... Does anyone know of an honest shop that can service/maintain the car that won't charge as much as the local dealer? Any help is appreciated.

If you find one you'll be lucky, some shops charge extra for high performance cars. But those are the ones that know what they're doing most of the time. Dealerships if you go, go to one that actually works on them regularly like Criswell. I have used Behe performance for a number of things in the past, they have a great tuner in John. Good Luck

Toppdon 07-26-2013 12:20 AM

Thanks for the heads up Flying24! I will try my hand with Criswell... I am not very tech savvy and these cars intimidate me when it comes to wrench time.

Frans96ss 07-26-2013 12:30 PM

Give us a call. We can get you taken care of.

retaf87 07-26-2013 05:24 PM

Criswell has great service and the lead Vette tech is Marcus.

CrvtBB 07-27-2013 08:44 PM

Tony's Corvette in Gaithersburg is a top notch shop. Can't guarantee they'll be cheaper than a dealership, but their work quality is exceptional.

Malum1 09-03-2013 11:09 AM

I will vouch and vote for Tony's as well. Just took my 08 C6 convertible in and had them replace the stock NPP exhaust for the Corsa Extreme. Talking with Tony and staff was unbelievably insightfult and reassuring. Will be going back for the STAGE 1 components within the next couple of weeks.:iagree:

retaf87 09-03-2013 04:15 PM

I have dealt with both Tony's and Criswell and Tony's is not any cheaper. Both shops are top-notch. If you go to Criswell, speak with Dina who is the Vette service advisor.