CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Night Race Blue (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3329775-night-race-blue.html)

nikic6 08-26-2013 06:43 PM

Night Race Blue

My plan was to order a C-7 convertible in Night Race Blue. I went to Corvette's of Carlisle on Saturday and they had two Night Race Blue coupes. When I first saw the NRB, I thought they were both black in color. The NRB is so dark is hard to see any blue in the color at all. I have changed my mind and am now considering Laguna Blue but do not like the interior choices. Gray seems to go the best but is not an outstanding color combination in my opinion. Would Kalahari go with Laguna blue?
I was a little disappointed in that there were no C-7 convertibles at Carlisle.
Overall, I really like the car. The interior is a huge improvement over the C-6. The seats felt comfortable and supportive. Some of you plus size guys may have problems fitting into even the base seat as the "wings" of seat sides are very tight around your back.

Patriot77 08-26-2013 06:46 PM

What would be wrong with a black interior with your Laguna Blue???

tuxnharley 08-26-2013 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by nikic6 (Post 1584767687)
My plan was to order a C-7 convertible in Night Race Blue. I went to Corvette's of Carlisle on Saturday and they had two Night Race Blue coupes. When I first saw the NRB, I thought they were both black in color. The NRB is so dark is hard to see any blue in the color at all. I have changed my mind and am now considering Laguna Blue but do not like the interior choices. Gray seems to go the best but is not an outstanding color combination in my opinion. Would Kalahari go with Laguna blue?
Overall, I really like the car. The interior is a huge improvement over the C-6. The seats felt comfortable and supportive. Some of you plus size guys may have problems fitting into even the base seat as the "wings" of seat sides are very tight around your back.

Well, it's always a matter of personal taste and opinion, but IMHO, yes! I have had several cars with a light blue exterior and tan interior over the years, and thought they all looked great! :thumbs:

:cheers:

Zymurgy 08-26-2013 07:16 PM

Are you getting a 1LT, 2LT or 3LT? If 1LT, black would be an obvious choice. Above 1LT, then gray is probably the best choice but it is too light of a gray for me. If you are getting 3LT, then Brownstone becomes a possibility.

I'm getting Laguna Blue with Brownstone. I ordered it long before the "Premier Edition" was announced with this exact color combination.

RickConti@Coughlin 08-26-2013 07:20 PM

Let me know if you decide quickly, as I have open allocation for the next consensus...originally GM was going to start pulling orders for convertibles in October-ish we thought.....they are asking for the orders now.....

Thank-you
http://www.corvetteconti.com/photo-g...70044122_n.jpg

Bat7Man 08-26-2013 07:22 PM

I agree that it is personal opinion. I saw NRB at the NCM and fell in love with it. I like how it looks blue in some light and black in others. Perfect combo IMO. I ordered NRB with Brownstone 3LT, black rims, and yellow calipers to make it pop. To each his own.

Wass 08-26-2013 07:28 PM

Did you look at the NRB and CG under bright sunlight? Both colors really pop. But if you want blue, then you won't be satisfied with either.

gilbybarr 08-26-2013 07:53 PM

Tall guys too....seat doesn't angle back far enough....GM needs to fix this please!

Greg00Coupe 08-26-2013 08:51 PM

I agree with the above...... it pops in the sun....not so much at night or when dirty. But man when its sunny....... the car looks a different color from each angle. I'd not give up NRB which I have on my GS for laguna plus $1K more. IMHO

Corvette ED 08-26-2013 08:57 PM

My choice would be a Laguna Blue with Red interior!!!

VETJAZZ 08-26-2013 09:02 PM

I'm strongly considering the interior color override with this - but 2LT. Don't know about top color options.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/...BlueC7wred.jpg

baltobrewer 08-26-2013 09:17 PM

The seats felt comfortable and supportive. Some of you plus size guys may have problems fitting into even the base seat as the "wings" of seat sides are very tight around your back.

Just my .02 on the seats... I sat in a few at C at C and noticed that on what I believe were the 2LTs and 3LTs that the seat adjuster buttons near the rails had a 3rd button - up/down moved the lumbar bolster in the seatback and left/right adjusted the lateral "wings" in and out. I was there with a friend of mine who's 6'4" 235 and he felt much better in the seats after he adjusted the side bolsters. I didn't notice this button in all of the cars I sat in, so my trailer park guess is that it's not a feature on the 1LT...

For what it's worth, I came away meh on the NRB. Too black for my tastes, and doesn't really pop, even in full sun. The LRG, on the other hand, was spectacular in full sun, much better than I expected.

proexpert 08-26-2013 09:40 PM

another blue will come along in a few years, I'm hoping for something like LeMans blue

00247 08-26-2013 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by VETJAZZ (Post 1584768990)
I'm strongly considering the interior color override with this - but 2LT. Don't know about top color options.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/...BlueC7wred.jpg

Throw on a black top and add a black stinger strip after you get it. Go Z51 and silver wheels too. :yesnod:

MRCOUPE5 08-26-2013 10:15 PM

Night race blue

I have a NRB Coupe on order and I am at 3400 -- Kalahari
Interior .. NRB looks great in the sunlight .. Good luck .
Vette Ed in Virginia

Down8 08-27-2013 01:06 AM

I have GXH on my Camaro. Stunning color when shined up in the sun. Nice and mellow/black-looking in a lot of lights. Perfect, and I can't wait to order a stable mate for the Camaro next summer.

-bZj

User 2623 08-27-2013 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by proexpert (Post 1584769354)
another blue will come along in a few years, I'm hoping for something like LeMans blue

Lemans Blue was a fav also.:thumbs:
Then comes Supersonic Blue - [i.e. steel blue]
Then NRB.

I'm disappointed to hear the NRB doesn't come through.
I've seen a couple of videos where it look rather spectacular in daylight, and the Blue top brings out the indigo blue more.
Seen it on the C6 and it looked good ?

The NRB vert is my choice as well especially if your going 3LT brownstone.
Any other blue would not really match up as well - even lemans blue wouldn't match up well with brown in my minds eye.
Second choice ....Cyber gray.

So it doesn't look like this.....?

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8399/8...8c08b35c_b.jpg

DevonK 08-27-2013 05:14 AM

I never go by auto show photos, the color balance of the lighting is always shifted blue so daylight-viewed putty greys wind up with a gorgeous slate-blue tone. IF CGM looked IRL the way it looks at the car shows it would be my preferred choice, unfortunately it doesn't.

BAD2000TA 08-27-2013 09:05 AM

As noted earlier, re-introducing Lemans Blue would be a GREAT idea!! Best blue ever on a Vette.

C7s 08-27-2013 01:57 PM

Anyone have a pic of NRB in full sun? Also, was thinking NRB with black wheels and possibly black flash spoiler & mirrors. Would it clash since NRB is so close to black?