CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Why I chose Lime Rock Green... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3341935-why-i-chose-lime-rock-green.html)

TurrizT 09-17-2013 07:26 PM

Why I chose Lime Rock Green...

This video highlights the most beautiful version of the C7 I have ever seen. I had a white one on order with Rick Conti, and after seeing this video, I switched promptly to Lime Rock Green... Thanks to whoever shot this video! Is this a forum member?

DocHolliday 09-17-2013 07:29 PM

To each their own...I'm not a fan of the LRG but I love that you're so excited about it. I feel the same way about blade silver and maybe some day atomic orange!

-CM- 09-17-2013 07:39 PM

My Lime Rock Green is due to be built next week. I am buying a first-year C7 because of its availability. I obviously think it's an awesome color.

But they should have called it Polarizing Green because of the reactions people have about about. Just watch all of the asshats come out of the woodwork to declare how ugly they think it is and post all sorts of other shades of green they think GM should offer instead.

OnPoint 09-17-2013 07:49 PM

LRG and Kalahari or Brownstone would be a very classy combo.

Bill17601 09-17-2013 07:53 PM

In my opinion this will be a 2014 only color. It seems that the lowest chosen colors are replaced. The 2014 in green will be a rare and desirable future car.

VThokies 09-17-2013 07:53 PM

I think it looks great, and it won't be a common color. What was going on with the brake lights in the video?

Rock2014 09-17-2013 07:54 PM

Agree that it is definitely a unique color and who wants to be like everyone else! Saw this in person at Carlisle with the brownstone interior and it really stands out. Great choice. Enjoy!

Mikec7 09-17-2013 07:55 PM

Looks great !!! I heard its even better in direct sun ......

Mike Campbell 09-17-2013 07:55 PM

I think it's a georgous color and looks great even with just the painted wheels. However, I for one am not crazy about it with the Brownstone interior. Makes me think of a Robin Hood movie. :willy: My only objection is I've owned two dark green cars and they both were really nice but a ton of work to keep clean. I personally would like to get something a little easier than even what I have now which is Monterey Red. Plus one factor I found out is that green absorbs more solar energy than any other color. That's why plants are green...not black. :ack:So down here in sunny SW Florida I'd skip it...but it really is striking! Good luck with your choice! :thumbs:

TurrizT 09-17-2013 07:58 PM

I ordered my with Brownstone. I think the lights were flickering in the video just because of whatever kind of video camera they used probably just captured the light like that.

I am quite alright with it being a 2014 only color. I hope that is the case, and I hope it is a rare color even if lots of people don't like it. There are some colors I don't like either, but its just an opinion, so what really matters is if the owner likes it. But like I said earlier, I love how it looks black sometimes as well.

TurrizT 09-17-2013 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Rock2014 (Post 1584944717)
Agree that it is definitely a unique color and who wants to be like everyone else! Saw this in person at Carlisle with the brownstone interior and it really stands out. Great choice. Enjoy!

Thanks!

OnPoint 09-17-2013 08:01 PM

Well if they do make it a one year color then I hope they bring back LMB.

tbasco 6 09-17-2013 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by -CM- (Post 1584944599)
My Lime Rock Green is due to be built next week. I am buying a first-year C7 because of its availability. I obviously think it's an awesome color.

But they should have called it Polarizing Green because of the reactions people have about about. Just watch all of the asshats come out of the woodwork to declare how ugly they think it is and post all sorts of other shades of green they think GM should offer instead.

Maybe ours will come down the line together. :rock:
Your second statement is right on. There are several discontinued colors I would have to have painted if given to me, and one or two current ones I would never consider, but I would never bash someone else for their choice.

foreverfuelie 09-17-2013 08:10 PM

Well my choice would also be LRG. I've really liked that shade from way back in 1965 when I got my first new Glen Green Fuelie coupe. I'm sure those that say it will be only a one year color though, are correct, because I am holding out for a 2015, hoping for a "Z" model. I would prefer a Kali interior though, so far the Brownstone looks too dark for me. I also would lean towards those gold HRE wheels too.

Glen e 09-17-2013 08:13 PM

LRG and Kalahari will be killer....also, in a vert, a Kal top would be perfect...

Trackaholic 09-17-2013 08:15 PM

Clearly the OP has excellent taste. I also would get LRG, but with the Kalahari 2LT interior. Am waiting until after the Detroit show (just in case they reveal the hipo version) before ordering. Hopefully the green will still be available.

-T

Gotta-Qik-C7 09-17-2013 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Glen e (Post 1584944874)
LRG and Kalahari will be killer....also, in a vert, a Kal top would be perfect...

:iagree:

69L79 09-17-2013 08:40 PM

[QUOTE= Just watch all of the asshats come out of the woodwork to declare how ugly they think it is and post all sorts of other shades of green they think GM should offer instead.[/QUOTE]

:withstupid: LRG is a very classy "old school" type color. Much nicer than some of the Green colors suggested by some Forum members. :yesnod: Good Luck with your new StingRay. :thumbs:

sting ya 09-17-2013 08:47 PM

Could be a nice color, but that has to be one of the worst clips ive ever seen to show a color ! I cant even tell what color that is. How you made a choice from that is amazing...

tbasco 6 09-17-2013 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by sting ya (Post 1584945191)
Could be a nice color, but that has to be one of the worst clips ive ever seen to show a color ! I cant even tell what color that is. How you made a choice from that is amazing...

:iagree: If you are referring to the clip in the parking garage. If this was the only example I had seen I would not have ordered LRG. Luckily I saw many pictures & videos and the hood at the NCM to make my decision on.