CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Only 142 miles and I get a CEL (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3347781-only-142-miles-and-i-get-a-cel.html)

zipcode 09-28-2013 06:16 AM

Only 142 miles and I get a CEL

1 Attachment(s)
Title says it all really...

Well done GM. All that hype about quality...

gthal 09-28-2013 06:22 AM

That sucks... but it really could happen with any car. My wife's Toyota had an issue with the air conditioner at 500kms. Easy fix and nothing since. It can happen once and a while to any car. Hopefully it's nothing. Keep us updated and good luck!

MHFontaine 09-28-2013 06:27 AM

Wonder if the OnStar diag can tell you quickly what the problem is...I've done that a couple time on my wife's Equinox. Gives you an idea as to what's wrong before you head to the dealer. Good luck !

SCM_Crash 09-28-2013 06:27 AM

Might be something very minor like a loose MAF cable. Take it in and let us know.

Goaty 09-28-2013 06:38 AM

That sucks. It shouldn't happen, plain and simple. Hopefully it's minor, but now you'll have to be inconvenienced with a trip to the dealer.

Rob 99 09-28-2013 06:41 AM

check your gas cap, that sets off a CEL if it's not properly tightened.

Jose Jalapeno 09-28-2013 06:41 AM

loose gas cap from when dealer filled tank????

Jose Jalapeno 09-28-2013 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Rob 99 (Post 1585031675)

BMTI by seconds :lol:

-CM- 09-28-2013 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Rob 99 (Post 1585031675)

[matrix]

There is no gas cap.

[/matrix]

Turbooo2u 09-28-2013 06:55 AM

Does it have an OBD2 port? If so, you can read it on your own perhaps.

Nyvetteguy007 09-28-2013 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by zipcode (Post 1585031605)

I agree that it sucks and I wouldn't be too thrilled about it if it was my car but it most likely is something very minor....

Part of the reason I am sitting back a bit before ordering is just this....good luck with the car, congrats and keep us posted....:thumbs:

jsc7vette 09-28-2013 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by -CM- (Post 1585031689)
[matrix]

There is no gas cap.

[/matrix]

As CM noted, the C7 has a capless fill system. You open the filler door and insert the gas pump nozzle. There is a separate adapter included in case you have to add gas from a gas can. :cool:

musclecar6 09-28-2013 07:25 AM

Picked up a brand new CTS-V 5 months ago and at 300 miles the check engine light came on. Took it into the dealer and as I drove it into the service dept the light went out. It has never come on again( car now has 7000 miles on it). S--t happens. No worries, you have a warranty.

Patman 09-28-2013 07:28 AM

I don't know why this statement bothers me so much, but it really does. Do you honestly believe every single car is going to be 100% perfect??? I'm confident GM has done a great job at making the C7 the best Corvette ever, but that doesn't ensure that every single car is going to be trouble free. You'd have to be foolish to believe that. :crazy2: You should just be happy that you've got a C7, as a lot of people (myself included) want one real bad!

BeaZt 09-28-2013 07:33 AM

You have a warranty and it's probably something minor. I'm sure GM would want to get their hands on it quickly, "hype about quality"....really?

Nyvetteguy007 09-28-2013 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 1585031788)
I don't know why this statement bothers me so much, but it really does. Do you honestly believe every single car is going to be 100% perfect??? I'm confident GM has done a great job at making the C7 the best Corvette ever, but that doesn't ensure that every single car is going to be trouble free. You'd have to be foolish to believe that. :crazy2: You should just be happy that you've got a C7, as a lot of people (myself included) want one real bad!

:iagree:

My father in law just bought a big screen LCD LED TV and 2 days after we mounted the thing on the wall it crapped out...all he did was get a new one under warranty...happens with ANYTHING that's manufactured....

GM will most certainly take care of any issues very quickly...this car launch is a big deal for GM and I for one am glad they have made the investment to make the C7....

I hate to be a broken record BUT....if I was one of the first batch I would know that there might be a few issues here or there...which is why I'm waiting until Dec or Jan to either order the car or walk into a showroom and buy one...

:flag:

gthal 09-28-2013 07:37 AM

Agreed... things happen with ALL car brands. People take something like this and completely overreact. The world is not falling apart. Even the best quality cars in the world will have the odd issue here and there.

Having said that, I do get the OP's disappointment in having to see this light on their new car when he has been so excited to receive it!

Goaty 09-28-2013 07:39 AM

The guy just got the car and is frustrated and probably worried that there is more of this to come if it is happening so early. What he posted doesn't warrant a lecture from you about being happy about having a C7.

bgood 09-28-2013 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u (Post 1585031706)
Does it have an OBD2 port? If so, you can read it on your own perhaps.

This leads into a question I have for the C7. On the C5 there was a way to pull DTC codes and read them from the DIC. I know this feature was disabled or removed in the C6. Does anyone here know if we will be able to pull codes similar to what we are able to do with the C5?

asphaltrecycler 09-28-2013 07:48 AM

Really? What do all you early adapters expect? You are one of the first retail deliveries of an entirely new program. Name a major program that has launched recently that has NOT had a problem, issue or hiccup? I have never seen such a collective group of bratty two year olds in my life...Have most of you lived in a donut and beer filled bubble your whole lives?
On a positive note, I appreciate the efforts...I am purposely waiting until next spring for all of you to figure most of the bugs out so I can order mine with some of the issues corrected at significantly under sticker! Good luck!