CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   2015 c7 (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3352899-2015-c7.html)

bevo_87 10-06-2013 03:34 PM

2015 c7

I am looking for a deal on a 2014, but with the time i am hearing about inventory, i might as well just prepare to buy 2015. Anybody have thoughts on what would change on 2015 Base model? Would it just be bug fixes or any body changes? Curious to know as this is my first vette and don't have experience on the past C6 second year etc...

Thanks for your response.

musclecar6 10-06-2013 04:16 PM

Forget about getting a deal on a 2014 right now. Maybe at some point this winter when the supply starts to catch up with demand, you should start seeing some discounting. Best bet however, is wait until the 2015's are out and buy in Jan/Feb. First year bugs will be worked out( there are always bugs in a first year model) supply will have caught up with demand and then some, the newness will have worn off somewhat, Z07 etc models will be out, & maybe an 8 spd auto/ DCT might be an option. Course if you can't use any restraint ( like plenty of vette junkies), then you can order now & pay MSRP from any of our good forum dealers( unless you are a dedicated super thrifty type, then you'll have to wait, like the very large group of fellow el cheapo vette nuts).

DonOH 10-06-2013 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by musclecar6 (Post 1585106295)
Forget about getting a deal on a 2014 right now. Maybe at some point this winter when the supply starts to catch up with demand, you should start seeing some discounting. Best bet however, is wait until the 2015's are out and buy in Jan/Feb. First year bugs will be worked out( there are always bugs in a first year model) supply will have caught up with demand and then some, the newness will have worn off somewhat, Z07 etc models will be out, & maybe an 8 spd auto/ DCT might be an option. Course if you can't use any restraint ( like plenty of vette junkies), then you can order now & pay MSRP from any of our good forum dealers( unless you are a dedicated super thrifty type, then you'll have to wait, like the very large group of fellow el cheapo vette nuts).

:iagree:

I'm an El Cheapo and will probably wait. Also curious to see if any of the older colors (Blade Silver, CRM, CG) get rotated out and replaced with new versions.

bevo_87 10-06-2013 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by musclecar6 (Post 1585106295)

Thanks for the response. I don't want to buy and have issues on a first year. that would drive me nuts. So, ou are saying wait until Jan/Feb of 2014 or Jan/Feb of 2015?

Michael A 10-06-2013 04:46 PM

It's just a guess at this point, but perhaps some fixes, a change of a color or two, and, hopefully, an option to turn off Hill Start Assist through the menus.

Michael

musclecar6 10-06-2013 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by bevo_87 (Post 1585106329)
Thanks for the response. I don't want to buy and have issues on a first year. that would drive me nuts. So, ou are saying wait until Jan/Feb of 2014 or Jan/Feb of 2015?

Jan/Feb 2015. The 2015's will have been out for over 6 months, so any changes they made for the 2015 model year will have had 6 months for any issues to show up and it will be the dead of winter where sports car sales are at their lowest and dealers are more likely to deal than other times of the year especially in the northern colder climates.

Larry/car 10-06-2013 06:40 PM

Hopefully GM will have magnetic ride available on the base suspension. I currently have it on my C6 and really like it. Color, platinum as on the C5.

george vee 10-06-2013 06:44 PM

Yes there will be changes...in price

DonOH 10-06-2013 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by george vee (Post 1585107493)
Yes there will be changes...in price

Yes, that will be true too. But by then demand will be closer to supply, prices might come off of MSRP and the discount will offset the higher sticker price.

I want to view the verts in person and see if I still resist.

1wicked 10-06-2013 07:07 PM

i plan to order a 15 model in June ish of next yr...i feel like any changes for 15 will be subtle, they may drop an interior color (most likely one of the brown family colors) and bring in one or two more. (hope they bring cashmere back), and they'll drop an exterior color (most likely green) and bring in a new color or two..(possibly a orange version) would like to see some tweaking to current colors...change up the blue, maybe change up the red.....guess we will have t wait and see! hard to do!!!!:willy:

Greg00Coupe 10-06-2013 08:34 PM

Why wait??? There are discounts out there now...... Just shop around. If ya want a vert PM me and I can tell you where 2 are available....... all 8 coupes have been sold at a discount.

nyca 10-06-2013 08:42 PM

How about a body colored rear diffuser for 2015.

R W B 10-06-2013 09:45 PM

I plan on ordering a 2015 too. Hopefully all the bugs will be worked out by then. Plus I'm hoping they come out with an orange exterior color for '15 aswell. If not, arctic white with red interior for me!

DoTheyMakeOtherCars? 10-06-2013 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by DonOH (Post 1585106319)
:iagree:

I'm an El Cheapo and will probably wait. Also curious to see if any of the older colors (Blade Silver, CRM, CG) get rotated out and replaced with new versions.

Can't imagine silver ever being replaced.

DonOH 10-06-2013 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by DoTheyMakeOtherCars? (Post 1585109101)
Can't imagine silver ever being replaced.

I'd prefer a lighter/brighter silver than Silver Blade. Like the reds there have been subtle differences to the silvers and grays over the years.

capecodvette 10-06-2013 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe (Post 1585108381)
Why wait??? There are discounts out there now...... Just shop around. If ya want a vert PM me and I can tell you where 2 are available....... all 8 coupes have been sold at a discount.

Why the PM. Let the rest of C7 General Discussion Forum know with the alleged discounted C7s are. Why so secretive. I am sure a few will jump all over that.

Or are you referring to left over C6s.?

LT1xL82 10-06-2013 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by nyca (Post 1585108437)
How about a body colored rear diffuser for 2015.

And body colored vents... Offer a black and/or carbon fiber as an option.

ALLANB 10-07-2013 07:14 AM

Hoping for return of Atomic Orange personally.
And like the idea of body color rear lower piece. And maybe also body color intakes,vents and possibly eyebrows around taillights.

I was going to order a c7 base coupe right now or in the winter but thinking might as well just wait and order a c7 z06 assuming it has auto option. Course that means waiting another year or so until get the car but guess have to just suck it up and wait. I don't really want to pay new price now for a c7 and then trade up to new price on a z06.
Now paying used price on a c7 in spring and maybe getting the z06 new price or used after year or two might also be other options.

And would imagine some bug fixing on the 2015 but don't think see much major like power increase. Would expect to see power increases over the life of the c7 though.
Maybe DCT offered as well on the autos with maybe an 8 speed transmission.

I also would like to see a Synergy green offered.

Larry/car 10-07-2013 08:52 AM

I think prices will hold at least another year. The threat of the US economic situation will not allow an increase.

mirage2991 10-07-2013 09:21 AM

all i can tell you is waiting has worked for me on my 08 z06 (20% and 0%) bought in mid 09 and on my '11 zr1 (16%off and 0%) bought in early '12.
Since I don't have to be the first one on the block, it seems to be working to my advantage.
I suspect we will see discounts sooner than later... I'm waiting on the z model(s) to come out so I have quite some time lol