CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Thread for actual problems?? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3356378-thread-for-actual-problems.html)

fredmills 10-12-2013 11:50 AM

Thread for actual problems??

How about a thread (maybe a sticky) for new owners with actual problems? And hopefully limit replies to answers, not opinions. At present you have to scroll down many replies to see anything useful.

MRREDDOG 10-12-2013 11:55 AM

:iagree:

MikeyTX 10-12-2013 12:02 PM

Sop .......

I would suggest running the idea past one of the mods or, admin's by p/m. That usually works best.

jackhall99 10-12-2013 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by fredmills (Post 1585157262)
How about a thread (maybe a sticky) for new owners with actual problems? And hopefully limit replies to answers, not opinions. At present you have to scroll down many replies to see anything useful.

The problem I have with some threads recently started is that most posts regarding problems are being made by those with no personal knowledge of the issues as they do not own a C7. They regurgitate something they have read posted by another, that may have in turn been second hand info.

People have the right to post opinions, as we have been reminded by the mods, and I agree with that. But I am curious to know just the actual problems real owners have had, and not have to sort through the opinions of other posters.

MikeyTX 10-12-2013 12:49 PM

The real problem

I have not won the lottery........... As such, I do not own a C7:willy::D .............. Yet !

-CM- 10-12-2013 12:57 PM

It would be useful to have just the issues and resolutions without all the drama, negativity and the 'this is why you should never buy first year' BS. But I think the moderators would go crazy trying to keep things on topic.

Snorman 10-12-2013 01:23 PM

I would suggest such a thread be for owners only.
That would filter out all the crap and allow the thread to be for informational purposes instead of baseless suppositions, claims and fabrications. Also, a poll within the thread would be somewhat useful.
S.

ByByBMW 10-12-2013 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by Snorman (Post 1585157819)
That would filter out all the crap and allow the thread to be for informational purposes instead of baseless suppositions, claims and fabrications. Also, a poll within the thread would be somewhat useful.
S.

:iagree: And I am a current non owner.

jackhall99 10-12-2013 01:28 PM

S.

Absolutely agree, but sadly there is no way to ever filter out the non-owners, thus a continuation of the problem. :cheers:

Snorman 10-12-2013 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by jackhall99 (Post 1585157844)
Absolutely agree, but sadly there is no way to ever filter out the non-owners, thus a continuation of the problem. :cheers:

Maybe each post could be required to have the last 5-6 of the car's VIN in the "Title".
S.

Big Dan 427 10-12-2013 01:31 PM

Doesn't the OP's thread opening state "for new owners with actual problems?"
I think the OP has a good idea, the fact that on an open forum though some want it to be exclusive is kind of funny!

jackhall99 10-12-2013 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585157861)
Doesn't the OP's thread opening state "for new owners with actual problems?" ...

Dan, yes it does! :thumbs:

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585157861)
.... the fact that on an open forum though some want it to be exclusive is kind of funny!

Those of us who support the OP's position want to read FACTS Dan, not non-owner's opinions.

An opinion as to whether or not a car is driven year around is fun to discuss. Learning about actual issues, whether minor or major, with the C7 requires exclusiveness. :cheers:

OnPoint 10-12-2013 01:47 PM

That could be a very useful thread of folks that actually own the cars, who are discovering issues and presenting how they were resolved.

Big Dan 427 10-12-2013 01:51 PM

Jack you did read facts correct? We have all been reading plenty of facts and opinions. Do you own a C7 Jack, because if you don't based on the OP's wishes you shouldn't post either. Am I right?

And by doing this you are also taking perspective buyers out of the loop, the more I think about it I realize I was wrong, it's not a good idea.

Snorman 10-12-2013 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by OnPoint (Post 1585157956)

That could be a very useful thread of folks that actually own the cars, who are discovering issues and presenting how they were resolved.

Exactly, and it would prevent the usual cast of characters from the expected "I-told-you-so" responses. However, the thread would be there with all the info for them to use in their usual case against the C7. :lol:
S.

jackhall99 10-12-2013 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1585157984)
Jack you did read facts correct? We have all been reading plenty of facts and opinions. Do you own a C7 Jack, because if you don't based on the OP's wishes you shouldn't post either. Am I right?

And by doing this you are also taking perspective buyers out of the loop, the more I think about it I realize I was wrong, it's not a good idea.

The OP wants to read FACTS only without having to sift through pages of opinions on QC. So do I! :yesnod:

If and when that 'sticky' is started, I will not post to it as I do NOT own a C7. And the OP does not want prospective buyers in the loop. He wants facts. :cheers:

Big Dan 427 10-12-2013 01:58 PM

Would this include performance figures as well or just vehicle issues? Based on some threads going around now the car seems to be destined as a 12+ 1/4 mile car. I think the corvette comunity would want to know what she's turning, not just owners!

Big Dan 427 10-12-2013 02:02 PM

Okay that sounds better, only owners can post. But wait a second, a guy waiting on his car to arrive or that's in the midst of ordering one can't post to ask questions? You see where it makes no sense. Maybe C7 owners should start their own website that you have to prove ownership of to join. That would work right?

Bill17601 10-12-2013 02:10 PM

It is not going to work. Unless all the trolls take the pledge. Not going to happen..how do you enforce restrictions on an open forum?:toetap:

VatorMan 10-12-2013 02:14 PM

You want to post like that or start threads for owners only, start your own forum. Otherwise you are stuck with what IB provides, an open atmosphere where anyone can post within limits.