CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance-169/)
-   -   New Era Performance C7 prototype exhaust system pics/video (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-tech-performance/3375419-new-era-performance-c7-prototype-exhaust-system-pics-video.html)

Mike@NewEra 11-16-2013 05:03 AM

New Era Performance C7 prototype exhaust system pics/video

We decided to build a true high performance aluminum exhaust system for the C7, constructed from 6061 aluminum, precision tig welded, with CNC'd billet aluminum 3 3/4 inch polished tips. We chose to use aluminum because it is very lightweight, in fact, this entire exhaust system weighs just over 13 lbs. (stock base model exhaust weighs 45 lbs., I don't know the weight of the dual mode but I know it is even heavier)! Our exhaust system will eliminate the "AFM" butterfly valves that are before the mufflers (not the dual mode exhaust valves, this system however will not utilize those either though), we did testing with the AFM valves removed, but still plugged in and mounted out of the way, and there are no check engine light issues. This system is 100% manufactured in our shop, right here in the good old USA. The pictures show the prototype, which is a non production version. This was built for us to be able to build a jig off of, so the pics are just so you get the idea/concept. The production systems will have less weld joints, and will have multiple structure tabs welded on each weld joint for added strength and to prevent the possibility of a weld joint breaking, and the bracket for the tips will be thicker. I don't have final pricing on this product yet, but I assume we will have pricing in the next few weeks. These are most likely going to at least start off as build to order, and should be available in about 1 month after we finish further testing the prototype, and testing on a production unit. If you are interested in ordering one, please email or call the shop and we can put you on a contact list for when we will be able to start building the production units. The production unit will look much nicer, will get pics of that as soon as we have one complete! Thanks for looking guys!

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r...psb2768a8e.jpg

http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r...ps69ade699.jpg

Drive by video sound clip:

C7_Z06 11-16-2013 07:45 AM

What other size diameters exhaust tips will you offer... any plans for bigger tips & various styles?
Also please post any gains (hp/tq) after your R&D dyno testings.

It sounds good!

Shurshot 11-16-2013 08:15 AM

Nice weight savings and sounds good too :thumbs:

Elleby13 11-16-2013 11:45 AM

in for more videos and pics!

VIN666 11-16-2013 11:57 AM

Months away from owning a C7, but I always plan my builds ahead, and this just jumped to the top of the axle back options list for me.
Want.

Z06Norway 11-16-2013 12:21 PM

GREAT weight savings, in the right place also :thumbs:

How much louder is it, reason is that most track around Europe has gone nazi on noise..... even a ZR1 stock has issues at some tracks

tia

Rune

Matt26 11-16-2013 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sounds awesome, get more videos if you can :)

Any chance you can make tips such as this?
Attachment 48374606

NemesisC5 11-16-2013 03:38 PM

Love the weight savings, any downside to aluminum? Any power gains? Any drone?

Mike@NewEra 11-17-2013 04:05 PM

These tips are the only tips we will be offering for now anyway. The down side to aluminum, is it isn't as strong as stainless, which is why we use multiple structure tabs on each weld joint. We have had an aluminum exhaust system on our shop's 2010 Camaro SS for 4 years which runs 10.8's in the 1/4 mile and is regularly raced at the drag strip, and also driven quite a bit on the street. It has worked flawlessly and sounds great!

The biggest upside to an aluminum exhaust in my opinion is the huge reduction in weight, and it has a nice unique look to it.

VIN666 12-03-2013 11:50 AM

Not in the market yet, but out of curiosity, what's the price point we can expect for this sweet setup?

Mike@NewEra 12-03-2013 10:07 PM

Right now we are still testing the prototype exhaust system. Our shop is extremely busy but we should be catching up in the next week or so to be able to build the jigs to reproduce this system and then test fit a production system, then after that we will be able to hash out all the details on pricing etc. Thanks for your interest in our products! We will be sure to post more information as it becomes available.

JShort 12-03-2013 11:29 PM

Looks great Mike! Nothing but the highest quality parts and service from New Era as always!

Motohead279 12-04-2013 12:22 AM

very nice sounding!

VIN666 12-04-2013 08:30 AM

Great. I'm hoping you'll offer a no-nonsense version without any type of butterflies (no V4, NPP etc.).

:)

Looks very promising thus far.

Mike@NewEra 12-05-2013 02:10 PM

VIN666, that is the only way we are going to offer it, no nonsense.

travisnd 12-05-2013 02:37 PM

Drag racing and tooling around on the street isn't the same as running 30-45 minutes in an HPDE.

Mike@NewEra 12-19-2013 08:13 PM

The jig fixturing is done and the first production kit should be done by this weekend, which means the first system will be available then as long as it test fits on our C7 properly!

DOUG @ ECS 12-19-2013 08:24 PM

Nice job Mike.

vegasredz062 12-19-2013 08:37 PM

My car does not have the NPP and is very quiet ! too quiet . Will this exhaust be louder or the same as one with NPP at WOT ? trying to gauge how loud it will be in cabin. If you guys can do a video going from 1-5 part throttle and maybe 2-3 WOT in cabin windows down.

Halltech 12-19-2013 09:05 PM

Looks great!

Really nice and I like the aluminum idea for weight loss.:thumbs: