CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   At what net worth or what income level to consider a 70k vette (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3376597-at-what-net-worth-or-what-income-level-to-consider-a-70k-vette.html)

LFZ 12-10-2013 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by #1c6 (Post 1585498441)
i dont kno anyone that pays cash for a vehicle lol

Seriously? I paid cash for 2 brand new vehicles within the last few years. If you can do it...why not..unless you can get 0% financing, which I do have another vehicle making payments on at 0%.

2vette2 12-10-2013 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by 1320vetteran (Post 1585459840)
This thread won't end well. To many factors to take into consideration. And by the time you're old enough to need your diaper changed there will be another POTUS in office for folks to blame. lol

The only POTUS that doesn't blame the prior administration is George Washington and he probably blamed the UK. :D

chargedc5 12-10-2013 11:27 AM

I'm 35 make pretty good money but buy different, I buy when I feel like its a deal and when I sell it, how much money can I make/loose or at least break even after i enjoy it. My house wasn't the best deal but paid for in cash as well as business vehicles, boats and a recent sl55 amg :). I use the "waiting game" there is always someone out there needing to get rid of a car/toy for whatever reasons, sometimes financially, etc...(well everything is financial reasons).

So i suggest to wait it out for a year and buy one from someone that takes the $20,000 depreciation while barely driving it and at the same time adding modifications of some sort to it.

So waiting will possibly get you a newer C7 with very low miles while being babied and possible looking or running better than a new one and keeping a lot more money in your pockets

And that's regardless of how much money one has in the bank unless multi-millionare and then it still depends on the situation. (or maybe I'm just a cheap @@s).

BeaZt 12-10-2013 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by 2vette2 (Post 1585640661)
The only POTUS that doesn't blame the prior administration is George Washington and he probably blamed the UK. :D

:rofl:

USCGTO 12-10-2013 11:59 AM

The answer will be different for different people in different situation:

Married - Double income- no kids

Married - SIngle income with kids

Unmarried - college graduate

Unmarried - established personal.

Paying Rent? and buying a 70k car?
Paying rent in Manhattan and buying a 70k car?
Paying rent in Alabama and buying a 70k car?

Retired ? Paid off house?

Paid off house? Kids going to school? Double income?

Everything paid off? Single income - 2 kids?

Many many scenarios - different answers.

robertbruce 12-10-2013 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by gixxerbill (Post 1585483416)
that is stupid. i swear govts seem to try to find a way to hurt the economy

glad i live in the state of Texas wishing it was the country of Texas.

This post explains everything:crazy2:

quick04Z06 12-10-2013 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by 455230 (Post 1585460240)
If this isnt a joke, I would think the "conquests" are going to be a small percentage of sales.....

The Corvette name doesnt have the prestige that a lot of people outlined in this group would want ....

The reality is that the name brand is an important part of why these people purchase/lease vehicles...

Which is why Kia's objective of being a premium go to brand is going to fail...miserably.

Getting pretty close.... And with a few key changes to product and service, to go along with its global cachet from recent racing successes, the Corvette will take a prestige backseat to no other mass-produced sports car....

ronvenna 02-07-2014 04:34 PM

My AW z51 will arrive in early March. Im a graduating college student at 21 years old. I saved up 10 grand and will be trading in my 2010 Camaro rs, the rest I am financing it with my dad co-signing it. I have already accepted a job at 77k after I graduate college in June. Smart decision? probably not, but I love cars and especially corvettes too much. I think you should spend money on what you enjoy.

PUGPROUD 02-07-2014 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by ronvenna (Post 1586116477)
My AW z51 will arrive in early March. Im a graduating college student at 21 years old. I saved up 10 grand and will be trading in my 2010 Camaro rs, the rest I am financing it with my dad co-signing it. I have already accepted a job at 77k after I graduate college in June. Smart decision? probably not, but I love cars and especially corvettes too much. I think you should spend money on what you enjoy.

Thank your Dad every day you drive your C7:thumbs:

ATX-C7 02-07-2014 04:54 PM

No kids, no debt, tons of cash in the bank--that's a good place to start :thumbs:

billyboy47 02-07-2014 04:57 PM

being retired with a fixed income, i'd go no higher than 350 a month car payment. my wife would skin me alive but, like the one post said, you only live once. :hide:

fsvoboda 02-07-2014 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by LFZ (Post 1585640476)
Seriously? I paid cash for 2 brand new vehicles within the last few years. If you can do it...why not..unless you can get 0% financing, which I do have another vehicle making payments on at 0%.

Usually there's a rebate as an alternative to 0% financing. Especially if you look for deals and are canny about your trade-in, at a certain point it can make just as much sense to write a check as to finance. Just figure it both ways taking into account your own financial situation.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

ATX-C7 02-07-2014 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by fsvoboda (Post 1586116681)
Usually there's a rebate as an alternative to 0% financing. Especially if you look for deals and are canny about your trade-in, at a certain point it can make just as much sense to write a check as to finance. Just figure it both ways taking into account your own financial situation.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

You'd be surprised, most manufactures are only offering some finance or lease offer. Yes, there are a few offering cash rebates, but auto company are moving from those and staying profitable.

Eagle Ray 7 02-07-2014 05:04 PM

Awesome! Enjoy! :cheers:

Guibo 02-07-2014 05:08 PM

Just as a reference, Cadillac is targeting buyers with incomes of $150k for its $75k ELR:
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/w...ac-elr.html/2/

Skid Row Joe 02-07-2014 06:03 PM

As long as the person pays cash for the new Corvette, they can't get hurt too much by it, even if all else goes to h# L L financially for them.

GTFD2 02-07-2014 06:14 PM

Bought a Silverado for cash on Dec. 23. Over $6000 in rebates. Could not pass the deal up. Paid cash for a C7 2LT Convertible that finally came in two weeks ago. Retired and no debt.

nbrigdan 02-07-2014 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by CV-4606 (Post 1586117440)
You're making 400k/yr. And your going to ask your financial advisor about spending 70K for a f--king car. You have serious problems man. BS if you ask me.

Are you kidding me? There is a reason why he is making 400K/year, because he is smart about his money or decision making. At the same level of income even I don't shell out 70K because I know that it is stupid to keep that much money tied up in a car when it can be invested back into my business, or into diversifying my stock portfolio, as well as setting up a future for my kids and myself. I do not think you should buy a car new unless you have 10 times it's value in net worth (after all your liabilities are taken out, so have 700K cash after your house, etc is paid off and then you can buy a 70K car risk free). I know that one day you're in and one day you're out, and I plan on not working a day past 55 and maintaining if not ever increasing my quality of life because of smart investments and not blowing cash on something that even though I really like it, isn't a smart choice.

C7Joy 02-07-2014 08:47 PM

My C7 formula is save, save, save, then buy without debt! It took a while but I made it happen. :thumbs:

Skid Row Joe 02-07-2014 10:21 PM

:skep:

Someone needs to re-advise your Dad about co-signing for someone making "$77,000.00 a year........"