CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Parking morons (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3393802-parking-morons.html)

Vettrocious 12-23-2013 06:21 AM

Parking morons

1 Attachment(s)
So, I drive my C7 up to Home Depot to get some supplies. I park 30 spaces away from the building, 15 spaces from the nearest car. When I come out, only one of those 15 spaces is full…

burtonbl103 12-23-2013 06:34 AM

YEP Azzhole magnet, got to love people like that

ProfessorDeath 12-23-2013 06:35 AM

:lol:

creeves84 12-23-2013 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Vettrocious (Post 1585739998)
So, I drive my C7 up to Home Depot to get some supplies. I park 30 spaces away from the building, 15 spaces from the nearest car. When I come out, only one of those 15 spaces is full…

I have yet to figure out why people do this-its like our cars attract others. The other parking lot phenomenon that I can't figure out is the person that speeds across the lots and not down the "lanes" and then when someone follows the lanes they give that "you just cut me off look", just crazy.

One thing on that parking situation that I found out is at times some employees are required to park in certain areas in the back part of the lot so I try to try to look for no cars around the area so I'm not parking in a unmarked employee parking "areas"

gthal 12-23-2013 07:01 AM

Many people are simply jealous of others... and when someone parks their nice car away from others, it highlights it even more and draws attention (because it is effectively saying the nice car is "special" and needs to be away from everything else). It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

At least he didn't park so close you couldn't get in the car and/or damaged your car.

rstrait 12-23-2013 07:07 AM

Some people like that they can mess with with the guy with the vette. Most prevalent among those who will probably never be able to afford one. Along the same lines though less harmful than, "I'm a gonna key that bastards vette!"

Vettrocious 12-23-2013 07:08 AM

The thing is, this stuff happens almost every time, with every nice car I've owned. One time I parked a ZR1 in the last spot at Meijers, up against a curb, at least 25 spaces from the nearest car. When I came out there was a clapped-out pick-up parked over the yellow line, in my spot, about 12 inches from my car. Ever try to get into the drivers seat of a Vette, from the passenger door?

Luckily, I had a valve-stem loosening tool handy...

rocknroller 12-23-2013 07:18 AM

I see another C7 in the picture. White one by the tree. :-)

ProfessorDeath 12-23-2013 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by rocknroller (Post 1585740111)

Nice one. :thumbs: :rofl:

Wait, this WAS supposed to be a sarcastic jab at the beat-to-death C7 taillights thing, right?

Vettrocious 12-23-2013 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by rocknroller (Post 1585740111)

See, Camaros don't look that much like C7s, there is no POS parked next to it:thumbs:

RPOZ51 12-23-2013 07:24 AM

It's not always what it appears to be.

I had a similar situation once. I was coming out of a store as a guy in a pickup parked next to my Vette.

Before I could say WTF, he told me that he was a Vette guy too, and he was blocking for me, so no idiots would park next to my car.

Go figure.

gthal 12-23-2013 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by RPOZ51 (Post 1585740134)
It's not always what it appears to be.

I had a similar situation once. I was coming out of a store as a guy in a pickup parked next to my Vette.

Before I could say WTF, he told me that he was a Vette guy too, and he was blocking for me, so no idiots would park next to my car.

Go figure.

:thumbs:

rocknroller 12-23-2013 07:28 AM

Originally Posted by ProfessorDeath (Post 1585740121)
Nice one. :thumbs: :rofl:

Wait, this WAS supposed to be a sarcastic jab at the beat-to-death C7 taillights thing, right?

You got me. :thumbs:

rob62 12-23-2013 07:46 AM

careful in those home improvement box stores. Nails, screws and all kinds of debris are left in parking lot by sloppy contractors.

4XLR8N 12-23-2013 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Vettrocious (Post 1585740082)
The thing is, this stuff happens almost every time, with every nice car I've owned. One time I parked a ZR1 in the last spot at Meijers, up against a curb, at least 25 cars from the nearest one. When I came out there was a clapped-out pick-up parked over the yellow line, in my spot, about 12 inches from my car. Ever try to get into the drivers seat of a Vette, from the passenger door?

Luckily, I had a valve-stem loosening tool handy...

Vettrocious:

For me, this is probably the single most frustrating thing about owning a special car and it is apparently an irrefutable law of nature. :(

You may take a bit of solace in the fact that this is not exclusive to Vettes...happens with both of my collector Oldsmobiles as well.

Here is what I have learned through the years...you can NEVER take your Vette or other special car on regular errands where it will be exposed to the great unwashed masses. What you experienced will happen almost EVERY time. You MIGHT be able to get away with taking your special car to a high end restaurant, golf club, etc...MIGHT being the operative term...where you are more likely to encounter others who appreciate fine things. But you certainly can never count on it.

Thus, here are your choices...leave your special car home and miss out on many opportunities to drive it (which is what I do) or resign yourself to this experience being a common part of your existence.

Some people do it out of ignorance, but I think more do it just to spite you - not just because you have a special car but because you THINK it is special, made obvious by the fact that you attempted to protect it by parking far away. That is why it is a magnet for the unwashed masses - they are offended by the fact that you THINK you and/or your car are special and they simply cannot allow that to go unchallenged. :crazy2:

It never dawns on these low class a**holes that you worked very hard to EARN the opportunity to own a special car and you are simply trying to protect it...not put anybody down.

If your car escaped undamaged, consider yourself lucky. If I were you, I would not tempt fate too often...

HZ3 12-23-2013 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by 4XLR8N (Post 1585740256)
Vettrocious: For me, this is probably the single most frustrating thing about owning a special car and it is apparently an irrefutable law of nature. :( You may take a bit of solace in the fact that this is not exclusive to Vettes...happens with both of my collector Oldsmobiles as well. Here is what I have learned through the years...you can NEVER take your Vette or other special car on regular errands where it will be exposed to the great unwashed masses. What you experienced will happen almost EVERY time. You MIGHT be able to get away with taking your special car to a high end restaurant, golf club, etc...MIGHT being the operative term...where you are more likely to encounter others who appreciate fine things. But you certainly can never count on it. Thus, here are your choices...leave your special car home and miss out on many opportunities to drive it (which is what I do) or resign yourself to this experience being a common part of your existence. Some people do it out of ignorance, but I think more do it just to spite you - not just because you have a special car but because you THINK it is special, made obvious by the fact that you attempted to protect it by parking far away. That is why it is a magnet for the unwashed masses - they are offended by the fact that you THINK you and/or your car are special and they simply cannot allow that to go unchallenged. :crazy2: It never dawns on these low class a**holes that you worked very hard to EARN the opportunity to own a special car and you are simply trying to protect it...not put anybody down. If your car escaped undamaged, consider yourself lucky. If I were you, I would not tempt fate too often...

good post. This is why I treat people like animals in life because the majority are

Torchsport 12-23-2013 08:06 AM

http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/...psc143c66e.jpg

Vettrocious 12-23-2013 08:15 AM

Sometimes, I'm sure people do it out of ignorance, but mostly, its pretty clearly deliberate. I usually find it almost humorous what people will do to try to upset you. I used to take before and after pics, as a matter of course, then show my friends the latest and/or most absurd event.

To date, I really haven't had anyone damage my cars, but you may be correct about my being lucky...

HZ3 12-23-2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by Vettrocious (Post 1585740339)
Sometimes, I'm sure people do it out of ignorance, but mostly, its pretty clearly deliberate. I usually find it almost humorous what people will do to try to upset you. I used to take before and after pics, as a matter of course, then show my friends the latest and/or most absurd event. To date, I really haven't had anyone damage my cars, but you may be correct about my being lucky...

Violence... It was Invented for a Reason

Rich Mickol 12-23-2013 08:31 AM

Next time take your wife/GF with you. You stay with the car, she gets the supplies. Them massive shopping carts left all over the parking lot. Not for me.