CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C1 & C2 Corvettes (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes-4/)
-   -   [TV Show] Wheeler Dealers... (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c1-and-c2-corvettes/3408332-tv-show-wheeler-dealers.html)

bluestreak63 01-21-2014 10:48 PM

[TV Show] Wheeler Dealers...

The new season begins on Jan 29 at 9pm on Velocity. Looks like the first candidate is a C2...:woohoo:

Not sure if it's going to be the one that was posted here with a YouTube link, but it appears the video is no longer available.

Set your DVR's or reminders!!!

vettedreamer50 01-22-2014 08:22 PM

Wheeler Dealers is my favorite show of that type. Mike is pretty entertaining without going over the top like some shows and Edd is a talented mechanic. I enjoy the different cars they fix up and the fact that they actually show a lot of the "fixing up" part that Edd does. Yes, its staged like all of these shows, but its the best IMO.

Easy Rhino 01-22-2014 08:48 PM

Cool:thumbs:

RK-TECT 01-22-2014 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by vettedreamer50 (Post 1585989241)
Wheeler Dealers is my favorite show of that type. Mike is pretty entertaining without going over the top like some shows and Edd is a talented mechanic. I enjoy the different cars they fix up and the fact that they actually show a lot of the "fixing up" part that Edd does. Yes, its staged like all of these shows, but its the best IMO.

:iagree:

Frankie the Fink 01-23-2014 06:52 AM

It shows that you can create a car-related series without all the BS drama, false deadlines, fabricated arguments, and, stupid scripting. The Mike/Edd team work against a budget and Edd seems like he's really knowledgeable.

However, I think Paul (like the silent guy in Pen and Teller) is the brains behind the whole thing...

Mike Geary 01-23-2014 08:41 AM

Wheeler Dealers

My favorite car-related show, ever since Peter Klutt's Dream Car Garage went off.

Even my wife will watch Wheeler Dealers, although it's often just to check out Edd's current hair "style".

Mike is a little too "cheeky" most of the time, and I fantasize about a seller telling him to "bugger off".

Edd is actually in the Guinness Book of World Records for having produced the world's fastest furniture --as in a motorized couch or bed.:D

USAF 01-23-2014 08:46 AM

and they tell you what everything COSTS.

I think they're the only show that does.

USAF

fastfreddie63 01-23-2014 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by USAF (Post 1585992210)

USAF

I think this is the same show that was discussed here on another thread. A 1964 red 300hp. I don' believe some on their quoted costs. The paint job and body work worked out to be around $5k. - really only $5k! Doesn't make sense. If that's the case I'm shipping mine there and it will be less to have it done there even with two-way shipping! What's with that carbon fiber skim coat? :crazy: It appears that the other 3 parts to the episode are unavailable now - they were out there.

azmusclecar 01-23-2014 10:24 AM

Like others I find myself humorously amused watching Wheeler Dealers. I never knew of the Bond Bubble car............how strange. I think Mike and Edd compliment each other well. Hearing wrenches called spanners and fenders are wings and hoods are bonnets, it's a whole new vocabulary for cars.

The hour seems to fly by without the need for panic build dates, and drama filled moments. I believe the more they keep it real, the longer the show will go on.

Gas Monkey Garage has left this planet............goodbye Richard Rawlings, you're show has become like Orange County Choppers.

Dream Car Garage Peter Klut is all about snobbery and rubbing his co-hosts nose in his weight issues. Abbott and Costello of the car world.

But we all know in the end, its all about money, money, money and more money.

Whatever happened to our Saturday morning car shows? Has SPIKE TV forgotten us? No Horsepower, no Muscle Car, No Trucks.................where's the love Spike?

HOG 1450 01-23-2014 10:36 AM

I thought it was an American show you were talking about. I watch the show over here in England. The guy who bought the C2 is in my club.
(I don't know if you had the Ford "Pop" rod yet, but it's a friend of mine Bryan Whitfield that paints it.

62Jeff 01-23-2014 10:53 AM

Spike TV has reworked their four shows with new names, but still are on Sat or Sun morning.

azmusclecar 01-23-2014 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by 62Jeff (Post 1585993313)
Spike TV has reworked their four shows with new names, but still are on Sat or Sun morning.

I haven't seen them for 2 months..............I'll check...........thanks for the update

steveale 01-23-2014 11:34 AM

When I lived in Ireland "top gear" was at it's peak of popularity. When I came back to the states and then they did a "top gear" here I was disappointed. The brits seem to get these reality shows right...many of the usa shows are re-creations of brit tv show ideas.

Also not nearly as many commercials on over there, I didn't realize how saturated with advertising our USA tv is until I lived over there for 3 years....

VetteJohn 01-23-2014 12:02 PM

Free labor

Originally Posted by USAF (Post 1585992210)

USAF

Everything except Ed's hourly rate! Clearly labor is free at his garage.

62Jeff 01-23-2014 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by azmusclecar (Post 1585993514)
I haven't seen them for 2 months..............I'll check...........thanks for the update

Started up this month. New names are Detroit Muscle, Engine Power, Xtreme Offroad, and Truck Tech

sub006 01-23-2014 01:33 PM

The dude with the accent seems to drive that red-headed stepchild '64 on the British side of that California coastal highway almost half the time.

jimh_1962 01-23-2014 02:14 PM

good show since the drama is low key and very cool to see the work being done.

Now, my other favorite show is Chasing Classic Cars. Such a great relaxing show. No drama...

Did anyone catch the glimpse of the next pawn stars commercial? They are following a 62 corvette. You can hear one of the people say "what is that?" I know what it is... :D

richscorvettes 01-23-2014 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink (Post 1585991680)
It shows that you can create a car-related series without all the BS drama, false deadlines, fabricated arguments, and, stupid scripting. The Mike/Edd team work against a budget and Edd seems like he's really knowledgeable.

Yup, that's our favorite show of this type as well. You have to be impressed by Ed's knowledge and how he finds a way to handle the issues on so many different makes of cars.

We also like Chasing Classic Cars as the F40 dealership is in Connecticut and Wayne sold our 66 Coupe for us many years ago.

Rich

dcaggiani 01-24-2014 06:34 PM

I love wheeler dealers for the reasons already posted.