CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   C7 Owners: What is your Top 3? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3459092-c7-owners-what-is-your-top-3-a.html)

RedC7AZ 04-26-2014 01:53 PM

C7 Owners: What is your Top 3?

For those of us that owned and loved our C6, and now own a C7, what are your Top 3 Improvements in the C7.

For me:
1) Exterior Styling - GM nailed the combo of keeping the essence of the Corvette and giving an exotic, modern look. The one design element I was hoping for was the pronounced Ferrari-like completely horizontal beltline just rear of the side windows, and GM came through.

2) Steering - better feel, response, control, weight.

3) Interior - Materials and Design
Some Examples: stitched dash, fabric on the A pillars, steering wheel design, door design, top of dash soft material in 1/2LT, wide leather center console armrest, more driver centric layout, to name a few.

KenHorse 04-26-2014 01:57 PM

Pissed off C6 owners

(actually had one tell me at a local cars & coffee "I don't like the C7 and nobody I know does". First words out of his mouth as I parked next to his C6)

RKInIL 04-26-2014 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1586755224)
Pissed off C6 owners

(actually had one tell me at a local cars & coffee "I don't like the C7 and nobody I know does". First words out of his mouth as I parked next to his C6)

You must realize not everyone is going to like the C7 or even grow to like the C7. I was at my Chevy dealer the other day and there was a black C7 waiting to be picked up from service. As I got out I gave it a glance and the service writer and C5 owner yelled from his desk. "I'll tell you one thing GM didn't consult any of us when they designed that car" They made it for the dot commers taste only!!! I run into this all the time talking about the C7 its not at all unusual. Honestly I have not seen such negative reactions to a Corvette in years. You like it thats all that counts but just remember not everyone does.

wgood 04-26-2014 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ (Post 1586755202)
For those of us that owned and loved our C6, and now own a C7, what are your Top 3 Improvements in the C7.

For me:
1) Exterior Styling - GM nailed the combo of keeping the essence of the Corvette and giving an exotic, modern look. The one design element I was hoping for was the pronounced Ferrari-like completely horizontal beltline just rear of the side windows, and GM came through.

Some Examples: stitched dash, fabric on the A pillars, steering wheel design, door design, top of dash soft material in 1/2LT, wide leather center console armrest, more driver centric layout, to name a few.

I guess as a former C 5 owner we don't count in this game !!!! Wayne

Big Dan 427 04-26-2014 02:22 PM

Another hugely valuable comment in post #2. And they say the C7 guys don't start the $hit storm.

Big Dan 427 04-26-2014 02:29 PM

Talk to your buddy in post 2, I actually thought you started a good thread. Ask him why he posted such a useless post, you should be jumping him!

RedC7AZ 04-26-2014 02:30 PM

Can't even get a thread with a question aimed strictly at C7 owners off the ground properly Geez.

Topic is Top 3.

Supersonic 427 04-26-2014 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ (Post 1586755202)

For me:

Those would be my top 3 also! Many who have never liked the Corvette since the C2 or C3 era...likes the C7. Heard very many comments stating just that!

RedC7AZ 04-26-2014 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by wgood (Post 1586755321)
I guess as a former C 5 owner we don't count in this game !!!! Wayne

You may provide a cumulative list :D

KenHorse 04-26-2014 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1586755401)
Talk to your buddy in post 2, I actually thought you started a good thread. Ask him why he posted such a useless post, you should be jumping him!

Ok, the 3 things I like most about the C7

1) Much improved low end torque and interior
2) Very solid feeling and tracking
3) It pisses you off

Better?

wan65 04-26-2014 02:36 PM

I thought the sales of the C-7 were doing great, ummm.

tbasco 6 04-26-2014 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1586755428)
Ok, the 3 things I like most about the C7

1) Much improved low end torque and interior
2) Very solid feeling and tracking
3) It pisses you off

Better?

:iagree: :salute:

Steve_R 04-26-2014 02:40 PM

1. Styling

2. Interior quality, fit and finish

3. C6 owners coming into C7 forum incessantly to post useless inflammatory comments

Big Dan 427 04-26-2014 02:47 PM

Post 10 and 13, I think you guys are having trouble grasping what the OP asked. I'm comprehending that he wants to know what the 3 best improvements over your previous C6, assuming you two had one tell us all how both your number 3 reasons are improvements.

RedC7AZ 04-26-2014 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by RKInIL (Post 1586755313)
You must realize not everyone is going to like the C7 or even grow to like the C7. I was at my Chevy dealer the other day and there was a black C7 waiting to be picked up from service. As I got out I gave it a glance and the service writer and C5 owner yelled from his desk. "I'll tell you one thing GM didn't consult any of us when they designed that car" They made it for the dot commers taste only!!! I run into this all the time talking about the C7 its not at all unusual. Honestly I have not seen such negative reactions to a Corvette in years. You like it thats all that counts but just remember not everyone does.

The point is.....C7 owners can honestly care less if not everyone likes the C7. Every Corvette generation has people with negative opinions. So, you've not shed any earth-shattering information we don't already know. For that matter I don't think C6 .... C1 owners care about any negative comments on their cars either.

Your "feeling" that that there is a lot of negative reaction, is again, just your feeling, so taken with a grain of salt. For some strange reason you must have an overly-keen radar up for just negative comments about the C7 and not the other generations.

vette2014 04-26-2014 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by RKInIL (Post 1586755313)

JEALOUS PEOPLE. LMAO :cheers:

RedC7AZ 04-26-2014 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by KenHorse (Post 1586755224)
Pissed off C6 owners

That type of BS ('cause that's exactly what is is....BS) is classless for any Corvette owner of any generation to say to another Corvette owner, and your frustration is probably felt by all Corvette owners, even other C6 owners.

Me, I would have rolled my eyes, given him big fat "Ohhhh Pluuuuuleeeeae", chuckled, smirked at him and walked away. That's a good way to let him know he's FOS.

vette2014 04-26-2014 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by RedC7AZ (Post 1586755607)
That type of BS ('cause that's exactly what is is....BS) is classless for any Corvette owner of any generation to say to another Corvette owner, and your frustration is probably felt by all Corvette owners, even other C6 owners.

Me, I would have rolled my eyes, given him big fat "Ohhhh Pluuuuuleeeeae", chuckled, smirked at him and walked away. That's a good way to let him know he's FOS.

Jealous & classless people won't allow in this planet. :iagree:

RKInIL 04-26-2014 03:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by vette2014 (Post 1586755657)
Jealous & classless people won't allow in this planet. :iagree:

Your joking I hope? Time to quote Lucy!

Steve_R 04-26-2014 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Big Dan 427 (Post 1586755519)
Post 10 and 13, I think you guys are having trouble grasping what the OP asked. I'm comprehending that he wants to know what the 3 best improvements over your previous C6, assuming you two had one tell us all how both your number 3 reasons are improvements.

I had a C6 and grasped what the OP asked just fine. It's an anonymous internet forum. Get over yourself.