CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C6 Corvette General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion-74/)
-   -   RPI shop burned down! (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c6-corvette-general-discussion/3462828-rpi-shop-burned-down.html)

EVRose 05-03-2014 09:23 AM

RPI shop burned down!

I'm friends with them on Facebook (RPI Designs LLC). I just read this morning their shop burned to the ground. They posted pictures. Here's one of them.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y50...ps79vgsy1x.png

pewter99 05-03-2014 09:25 AM

I posted a sticky on the top of this section as well as several others

EVRose 05-03-2014 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by pewter99 (Post 1586810248)
I posted a sticky on the top of this section as well as several others

Yeah, I saw that after I posted this. I'm sure there are a lot of members that skip past the stickys.

pewter99 05-03-2014 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by EVRose (Post 1586810269)
Yeah, I saw that after I posted this. I'm sure there are a lot of members that skip past the stickys.

yep...which is why I am not closing threads.

trying to avoid the inevitable, "been trying to reach RPI for 5 days does anyone know what happened" threads

EVRose 05-03-2014 09:43 AM

I dont know. Their twitter page says the same thing as their FB page. I'm sure Josh will post here when he recovers from heartache.

waynelittle1 05-03-2014 09:45 AM

Wow. That truly sucks. Great vendor.:(

:salute:

Pitufina 05-03-2014 10:30 AM

I'm in shock! I just ordered from them last Friday and received the part promptly. Josh quickly responded to a concern I had.

They seemed to be a great vendor. Best wishes for them! That really sucks!

RPI Designs 05-03-2014 10:50 AM

Dear Fellow Corvette Fans,

Renee and I received terrible news as about 4:30am this morning that our shop had caught fire. I threw on some clothes and took the 5 minute drive to the shop. When I got there the fires was almost out, but the entire structure was nearly burned to the ground.

We had insurance on the building and on the inventory. We are rebuilding.

As many of you know, we are busier than we have even been with painted part orders and carbon fiber orders. This won't help that situation. I have made a few calls today to find a place to rent, where we can setup shop until the new shop gets rebuilt. I understand if you are unable or unwilling to wait for your painted parts to ship out. Our phones will be open on Monday, 888.257.8515 ext 2 (Don), if you need information on your order.

If you have an order pending with us, we are doing to do our best to get up and running as quickly as possible again. But please expect 2-3 weeks for this to happen. Once that happens we will start to paint what we can. Please keep in mind, we had 6 paint booths at the old shop and will most likely have 2 paint booths to start at the rental location, until we get the shop built again.

We are going to go on our website today and remove the option to purchase any painted or carbon fiber parts, until we get running smoothly. We will still ship other parts out like we normally did, either drop shipped from the manufacturer, or with orders that are rolling in each day for our normal inventory.

We might be asking for some of our parts back from you guys, so we can re-build our molds and continue to make new products in fiberglass. I'll edit this post and let you guys know what parts we need back in our hands (on a loan) to copy and build new molds, so we can pick up the pieces and start over.

RPI Designs currently has 18 employees not counting Renee and I. We are all going to work to make RPI stronger than ever and appreciate your patience with us as we move forward.

Thank you
Josh and Renee Greenawalt
RPI Designs, LLC

mcandrew67 05-03-2014 11:03 AM

So sorry to hear this, truly wish you the best in rebuilding, you offer a great line of products. I own several from you.
:cheers:David

Rich Mickol 05-03-2014 11:07 AM

Sorry to hear the news. You'll be up and running again before you know it. Good luck with the rebuild.

Chuck72 05-03-2014 11:11 AM

Wow, that's a tough lick, so sorry to hear.

Attitude is 99% of the battle,...sounds like you folks will land on your feet and running.

Lemons>>>lemonade.

All the best.
Chuck

:thumbs:

ncvette_1FUNRIDE 05-03-2014 11:12 AM

So sorry to hear about this. I have many parts purchased from RPI.

I hope for a speedy and complete rebuild of their shop, better than ever.

EVRose 05-03-2014 11:18 AM

Good Luck with the rebuild Josh. I have a whole lot of your stuff riding around on my car too.

sabastian458 05-03-2014 11:19 AM

Sucks to hear about this. I can say I can similarly relate to it and it hurts. Jan 2001 our family used dealership that my dad started burned to the ground total losing the whole shop, 4 cars, plus extensive damages to over 25 others. Literally the back sides of every car melted off to some degree the fire was that hot. Matters made worse was the $10k+ in keys that had to be made afterwards (could have be avoided before the fire was 1/2 structure but wasn't allowed to)

Best wishes. It will get easier after some time

1rusty1 05-03-2014 01:48 PM

Sorry to hear this. I'm sure you will be back stronger than ever!

spdkilz911 05-03-2014 02:25 PM

Terrible news Josh. Good luck with everything.

tprice 05-03-2014 02:53 PM

Man terrible news, that is every one of us that owns a business worst nightmare

Don't worry just glad everyone is ok and trust me WE WILL STICK WITH YOU.

In our thoughts buddy

jrc50 05-03-2014 02:55 PM

Best of luck with the rebuild Josh, glad you had insurance!!:thumbs:

su8pack1 05-03-2014 03:04 PM

:( Sorry to hear.

j_digi454 05-03-2014 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by mcandrew67 (Post 1586810743)
So sorry to hear this, truly wish you the best in rebuilding, you offer a great line of products. I own several from you.

Same here, and I will be buying more once your up and running.