CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   C5 - Coupe, FRC or Vert - Whats your choice and why ? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/3504405-c5-coupe-frc-or-vert-whats-your-choice-and-why.html)

1Willy1 07-22-2014 02:25 AM

C5 - Coupe, FRC or Vert - Whats your choice and why ?

Hey guys,

still here , still trolling, still on my hunt for my first vette.

Im very curious as to what you guys prefer when it comes down to the different styles of the C5's.

Coupe, convertibles or the FRC's and please give your reasoning.

I originally , before I actually started researching and joining the forums was completely sold on the idea of a 6 speed convertible.

Then I almost bought a silver coupe, lowered and I really loved the look of it.

Now im finding myself starting to like the FRC's as well.

I guess part of me likes them all, but just wanted to hear what you guys prefer and why.

Thanks , looking forward to the responses :thumbs: :canadaflag:

Tuco 07-22-2014 04:02 AM

I have had an 03 coupe and 2 99 Frc's.
I'm not a vert guy anymore as I do a lot of traveling with the vette.
So I prefer a tad more security and maybe a little more quiet on the long drives.
So the Coupe, or fixed roof coupe works well for me.
I do like the styling of the FRC as opposed to the coupe.
Nothing really more than my personal preference.
Good luck with your search. :cheers:

skydiven4fun 07-22-2014 05:14 AM

I've always preferred the look of the hardtop, when I was looking for my car, I knew that I would find the best example what I could my reasoning for this over the Z was that I planned to mod just about. So why pay for something I'm going to remove.
I love all 3 styles, the FRC just does it for me though.

Leo23 07-22-2014 05:50 AM

I prefer a coupe, better looking (in MHO) and more space inside.

2CRUZIN 07-22-2014 06:19 AM

Coupe, more storage when traveling, security when parking overnight and less road noise. Can't go wrong with any style though, just a matter of how you are going to use the car.

Sids04 07-22-2014 06:38 AM

FRC ... Because racecar

Cybermind 07-22-2014 06:58 AM

Definitely a coupe. I just find that it looks like a Vette should. The rear sweeping hatch window makes it look extremely aerodynamic, almost like it's moving when standing still. The added storage space and removable top are a bonus. Keep in mind that all generations of "R" racecars (C5R, C6R, C7R) use the coupe configuration because of the increased aerodynamics.

DDaaryl 07-22-2014 07:05 AM

VERT

because there is no other choice!
:woohoo:

black match box 07-22-2014 07:25 AM

Better looking, less road noise, more trunk space.and the overall apperance of it, I have owned 3 corvettes and they all been coupes.

peteinpa 07-22-2014 07:35 AM

Very subjective question. I think it comes down to your personal preference and purpose.

I am blessed to be able to have a vert, for me this is what i always wanted. Since it is a weekend / warm weather car I can drive it when I want and leave it in the garage during the week and on bad weather days.

Think about how you are going to use it and how you will get the most enjoyment out of it.

MSG C5 07-22-2014 07:36 AM

Vert. I live in Florida and I enjoy beautiful evening beach drives. Driving top down only adds to the experience.

Plus, the original Corvette was designed as a convertible. Top-down is in its DNA!

kgie1217 07-22-2014 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by MSG C5 (Post 1587416879)
Vert. I live in Florida and I enjoy beautiful evening beach drives. Driving top down only adds to the experience.

:iagree: Love my Vert!

65GGvert 07-22-2014 08:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A convertible has more room in the trunk with the top down than a coupe does with the top stored in the trunk, plus it's out of sight. It's much easier to put the top down than take the top off and carry it to the rear. Plus, it's a convertible.

Attachment 47813796

JR-01 07-22-2014 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by 65GGvert (Post 1587417092)
A convertible has more room in the trunk with the top down than a coupe does with the top stored in the trunk, plus it's out of sight. It's much easier to put the top down than take the top off and carry it to the rear. Plus, it's a convertible.

Attachment 47813796

:iagree:

joe's98 07-22-2014 08:25 AM

I have had two C4 coupes but always wanted a vert. My C5 vert holds two sets of golf clubs in the back with the top down. I use mine mainly on the weekend as a nice day driver. What ever you decide to go with you will be happy.

jnealg 07-22-2014 08:36 AM

Ive owned 4 vettes, 3 verts and a coupe. the coupe is the only one I've sold.

Nothing like having the option to take the top down and cruise when the weather is right. around here we even get a few winter days worthy of a topless ride.

If I were a racer boy I would prolly have a coupe or FRC. but im getting to be an older fart now and just want to cruise.
Its like the debate on 6 speed or auto. both my C3's are mannys but my daily driver is an auto. traffic sux with a manny.

Its all in what you want to do with it. :thumbs:

TXGS507 07-22-2014 08:44 AM

Everyone knows that the C5 Z06's are the way to go.... The cars are perfect right off the assembly line... they are race ready and great cruisers... Oh, and I can fit my Golf clubs in the trunk.

The_Gray_Ghost 07-22-2014 09:25 AM

I voted coupe.

I don't like the chopped back glass design on the Z06 personally, and the option to take the roof off is awesome. As others have said, the biggest drawback with the convertible is security for those of us who park in the not-so-great part of town overnight.

They're all good cars though. You'll like any of them.

3sACROWD 07-22-2014 09:47 AM

I like the FRC due to styling and the fact that it is less prone to squeek, rattle, or leak. If I want to experience the open air, I ride my motorcycle.

Pick the car that excites you most when you see it in person. Most Vettes you'll be "nice car" the one for you will be "wholly crap... where have you been all my life?"

MMA FIGHTER2 07-22-2014 10:19 AM

FRC i just love the style