CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Anyone know where the VDC in Bowling Green is? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3523049-anyone-know-where-the-vdc-in-bowling-green-is.html)

USMCVETC7 08-26-2014 02:40 PM

Anyone know where the VDC in Bowling Green is?

I got the following reply from Customer Service Chat this morning. It is a manual trany so its not being held for the new A8. Anyone know anything??
Lakeshia [9:22 AM]: Thanks for holding Mike. As of 8/25/14 I see that the vehicle was shipped from the plant in Bowling Green, KY to the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) which is also in Bowling Green, KY. The vehicle shows to be bayed at the VDC, going through quality inspection and cleaning.

john m 08-26-2014 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by USMCVETC7 (Post 1587686374)
I got the following reply from Customer Service Chat this morning. It is a manual trany so its not being held for the new A8. Anyone know anything??
Lakeshia [9:22 AM]: Thanks for holding Mike. As of 8/25/14 I see that the vehicle was shipped from the plant in Bowling Green, KY to the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) which is also in Bowling Green, KY. The vehicle shows to be bayed at the VDC, going through quality inspection and cleaning.

I would guess VDC is the technical term for the shipping area behind the plant....

USMCVETC7 08-26-2014 04:43 PM

But it states that the vehicle was shipped from the plant in Bowling Green, KY to the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) which is also in Bowling Green, KY. So I would think that it is not the back lot behind the Plant.

Zymurgy 08-26-2014 04:46 PM

I wouldn't place too much reliance on what the chat line said.

laborsmith 08-26-2014 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by USMCVETC7 (Post 1587687295)
But it states that the vehicle was shipped from the plant in Bowling Green, KY to the Vehicle Distribution Center (VDC) which is also in Bowling Green, KY. So I would think that it is not the back lot behind the Plant.

Why? I ask because the status codes do have meanings attributed to them but seem to have multiple meanings to the persons to whom they are directed. It seems to me the contest of the status code carries as much meaning as the code itself to the people for whom it is intended and those people are not the consumers, either the dealers or the buyers,

That said, there may be something in the code you recognize that I do not.

Laborsmith

aquavettes 08-26-2014 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by laborsmith (Post 1587687339)
Why? I ask because the status codes do have meanings attributed to them but seem to have multiple meanings to the persons to whom they are directed. It seems to me the contest of the status code carries as much meaning as the code itself to the people for whom it is intended and those people are not the consumers, either the dealers or the buyers,

That said, there may be something in the code you recognize that I do not.

Laborsmith

If you are going refute every reply maybe you should wait till GM releases the info!

USMCVETC7 08-26-2014 05:26 PM

So I take it that no one is aware of a secondary Vehicle Distribution Center in Bowling Green, other than the plant itself??

z51vett 08-26-2014 05:31 PM

Museum del. is the only one I know about do they truck to Texas or rail car.
z51vett
Doug

Zymurgy 08-26-2014 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by z51vett (Post 1587687698)
Museum del. is the only one I know about do they truck to Texas or rail car.
z51vett
Doug

Texas goes by truck.

JoesC5 08-26-2014 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Zymurgy (Post 1587687737)
Texas goes by truck.

Knowing GM, if it's going to Dallas, it's trucked, but if it's going to Fort Worth, it's by rail.

USMCVETC7 08-26-2014 05:55 PM

The dealer I purchased from in San Antonio gets their vehicles by truck. According to my dealer my C7 is not on the way to them. I have been told by Chevrolet Customer Service order tracking thread, by phone Customer Service, and by Customer Service Chat that my car was transported by truck from the Plant at Bowling Green to the Vehicle Distribution Center in Bowling Green for "quality inspection and cleaning". Just trying to determine if anyone knows of a secondary VDC in BG. I guess not??

BRCC 08-26-2014 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by JoesC5 (Post 1587687755)
Knowing GM, if it's going to Dallas, it's trucked, but if it's going to Fort Worth, it's by rail.

I think all Texas is trucked after all Dallas/FtWorth are next to each other and I live 27 West of Ft Worth and all Corvettes sent to my dealer were trucked also all going South to Houston & Austin were trucked. I do not know of anyone in Texas whos Corvette was by rail.:cheers:

JoesC5 08-26-2014 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by DCBE (Post 1587688279)
I think all Texas is trucked after all Dallas/FtWorth are next to each other and I live 27 West of Ft Worth and all Corvettes sent to my dealer were trucked also all going South to Houston & Austin were trucked. I do not know of anyone in Texas whos Corvette was by rail.:cheers:

It was a joke. Notice that I said "Knowing GM.....". Like they have a computer program that determines it's a dollar cheaper to send by rail to Ft Worth but a dollar cheaper to send by truck to Dallas, so that's what they do, regardless of it not making sense to the average person on the street.

Crossed Flags Fan 08-26-2014 08:42 PM

Drones

GM announced they are partnering with Amazon. They will be delivered by drones.

Asterism 08-26-2014 09:08 PM

I just got off a concall with Mary Barra, she said they've changed from Amazon's
drones to Google's driverless cars and they will deliver themselves right to your driveway.

MikeC4C5C6...C7 08-26-2014 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by USMCVETC7 (Post 1587687651)
So I take it that no one is aware of a secondary Vehicle Distribution Center in Bowling Green, other than the plant itself??

Never heard on this Forum of a separate facility in BG nor did I see one or hear one mentioned in BG when I did NCM delivery past October. Good luck!