CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Warble sound occasionally (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3806758-warble-sound-occasionally.html)

Highplains 07-28-2016 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Strake (Post 1592726524)
Highplains,

without a Face Book acct, I'm unable to locate the video clip. Any help to gain access to it by you, or Brian is greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Richard

I'll give it my best shot. Already tried one thing-going to try another but I'm no great computer guru. I have yet to get approved for joining the C7 group on FB so I can't even post there yet. The best thing for all is to ask Glenn to post it to YouTube.

Strake 07-28-2016 03:51 PM

Where did you locate it on FB ? I tried with this address and got no where. I looked under video's and there was nothing listed. Perhaps because I'm not a FB member.

https://www.facebook.com/stingrayblo...&tab=page_info

Highplains 07-28-2016 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by Strake (Post 1592726618)
Where did you locate it on FB ? I tried with this address and got no where. I looked under video's and there was nothing listed. Perhaps because I'm not a FB member.

https://www.facebook.com/stingrayblo...&tab=page_info

I tried but FB will not allow it. I'll try something else

Strake 07-28-2016 04:11 PM

Highplains,

Thank you..... your link did not work, but SOMEHOW I got into the correct spot and just heard the video clip that Glenn Eaves posted on the FB thread.

I need to go back and re listen. Is it the sound you are hearing right near the very end of the clip? If so, then that is very similar to what I'm hearing.

I'm still on the FB site now.... going to re play again.

Highplains 07-28-2016 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Strake (Post 1592726763)
Highplains,

Thank you..... your link did not work, but SOMEHOW I got into the correct spot and just heard the video clip that Glenn Eaves posted on the FB thread.

I need to go back and re listen. Is it the sound you are hearing right near the very end of the clip? If so, then that is very similar to what I'm hearing.

I'm still on the FB site now.... going to re play again.

Yes. Near the very end as he slowly accelerates. Let us know if your noise is similar.

Strake 07-28-2016 04:17 PM

Bruce and Highplains,

YES !!!! The sound near the end of the video clip provided by Glenn E is EXACTLY what I'm hearing.

A8 Trans. 2016 Built Jan 26, 2016. Mag ride; NPP.

As we've already discussed many times:

Only heard when light acceleration
Best heard when going up a slight hill
Usually at 1200 to 1500 rpm
any gear, any mode, any exhaust setting, V4 or V8 mode makes no diff.
take my foot off the gas, and the noise goes away.

I get NO jerking at any speed, or rpm. When going from V4 to V8 or back again is totally smooth. No issues there.

I heard this on day 1 driving home from dealer at about 40 miles.

Since I'm not a FB member, please pass my comments along to the FB folks.

thanks,

Richard

Highplains 07-28-2016 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Strake (Post 1592726800)
Bruce and Highplains,

YES !!!! The sound near the end of the video clip provided by Glenn E is EXACTLY what I'm hearing.

A8 Trans.

As we've already discussed many times:

Only heard when light acceleration
Usually at 1200 to 1500 rpm
any gear, any mode, any exhaust setting, V4 or V8 mode makes no diff.
take my foot off the gas, and the noise goes away.

Since I'm not a FB member, please pass my comments along to the FB folks.

thanks,

Richard

As soon as that FB group approves me, I'll post it.

Strake 07-28-2016 04:27 PM

Thank you !

I have no idea how I got the FB page to get me in to hear it, and doubt I'll be able to get back in a second time, but it was encouraging to know that this is the same sound we are all hearing. I've played the clip several times, and also had my wife listen and she too agrees it's the same sound.

Richard

bjones7131 07-28-2016 04:45 PM

I have tried everything I know to copy the video but no luck. Sorry but I will keep trying but believe U me it is exactly what my car is sounding like. This davenport guy maybe able to help us out plus another guy on the FB post said if he could find one of his friends with the same issue he would put a mic at the rear and record the sound.

Strake 07-28-2016 04:47 PM

Bruce,

Somehow, I got in and saw / heard the clip several times. See my responses above (post # 186).

EXACT SAME SOUND for me too.

thanks again,

Richard

Highplains 07-28-2016 04:56 PM

Originally Posted by Strake (Post 1592727020)
Bruce,

Somehow, I got in and saw / heard the clip several times. See my responses above (post # 186).

EXACT SAME SOUND for me too.

thanks again,

Richard

And FWIW, that 's exactly the same sound that the demonstrator car at the dealer I bought my car at made.

Strake 07-28-2016 05:03 PM

All,

While I don't have the factory PDR set up, I do have a decent Dash Cam which records both video and audio. I'll pop the SD micro card out of it and see if the quality is good enough to go make a few runs and get some very definitive recordings on slight inclines where I know the car always "perform" it's annoying sound for me. If so, I'll post them as a Youtube video and copy a link on this thread.

UPDATE: Just pulled the card from the Dash Cam ( we swap between 2 cars) and I think it might be decent enough.... I'll give it a shot tomorrow when the storms have passed by.

bjones7131 07-29-2016 11:26 AM

Try this, Glenn sent me a copy outside FB world. You can hear it around the 40 sec. park. I just tried it and it works. U may have to copy and past or highlight and right click and go to this URL site.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...352_00006_.mp4

Strake 07-29-2016 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by bjones7131 (Post 1592731950)
Try this, Glenn sent me a copy outside FB world. You can hear it around the 40 sec. park. I just tried it and it works. U may have to copy and past or highlight and right click and go to this URL site.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...352_00006_.mp4

Bruce,

I WAS able to see and hear it yesterday..... I replied to that yesterday several times.

As I type this, I am uploading MY video and audio recording from a ride this morning to YouTube. I will send the link to it once it's done uploading.

Strake 07-29-2016 12:42 PM

I just uploaded my video/audio from a ride this morning.

"Warble" noise heard on 2016 Corvette C7 A8 Trans. NPP Exhaust. Most noticeable at the 35 to 40 second mark, 1:09 to 1:18 min and 1:42 to 1:50 minute mark, and 2:35 to 2:42 minute. Can also be heard less noticeably through out when going up hill. Most always at 1500 rpm, regardless of V4 or V8 mode, or any other mode settings. Light pressure on the gas pedal.

Here's the link to YouTube for the 3 minute video.

Please let me know if this is what YOU guys are also hearing......

Highplains 07-29-2016 01:00 PM

[QUOTE=Strake;1592732577]I just uploaded my video/audio from a ride this morning.

"Warble" noise heard on 2016 Corvette C7 A8 Trans. NPP Exhaust. Most noticeable at the 35 to 40 second mark, 1:09 to 1:18 min and 1:42 to 1:50 minute mark, and 2:35 to 2:42 minute. Can also be heard less noticeably through out when going up hill. Most always at 1500 rpm, regardless of V4 or V8 mode, or any other mode settings. Light pressure on the gas pedal.

That's exactly the sound in mine-2016, A8 with 3600 miles. FWIW, I just got off the phone with my service manager. He has heard nothing from GM but still feels very strongly that, based on this and his experience with other GM vehicles, it is in the exhaust. He said one vehicle (not a Corvette) had a similar problem which was fixed with a flex tube in place of a portion of the exhaust pipe. He also said he recognizes the sound exists but has heard nothing from other Corvette owners. I'm sure he's sick of me bugging him and I know he's in a bad situation because GM has not said a word on this and he can do nothing until they bless us all with a fix.

bjones7131 07-29-2016 01:31 PM

[QUOTE=Highplains;1592732723]

Originally Posted by Strake (Post 1592732577)
I just uploaded my video/audio from a ride this morning.

That's exactly the sound in mine-2016, A8 with 3600 miles. FWIW, I just got off the phone with my service manager. He has heard nothing from GM but still feels very strongly that, based on this and his experience with other GM vehicles, it is in the exhaust. He said one vehicle (not a Corvette) had a similar problem which was fixed with a flex tube in place of a portion of the exhaust pipe. He also said he recognizes the sound exists but has heard nothing from other Corvette owners. I'm sure he's sick of me bugging him and I know he's in a bad situation because GM has not said a word on this and he can do nothing until they bless us all with a fix.

Exactly what mine sounds like. I copied customer support the video glenn made and asked them to make sure gm eng. Got it. Thanks for your video, i am all for bugging dealer and customer support until they come up with a fix, i don't think i will let them mess with my car again until there is a lnown fix.

badboy01 07-29-2016 09:15 PM

[QUOTE=bjones7131;1592732919]

Originally Posted by Highplains (Post 1592732723)

Exactly what mine sounds like. I copied customer support the video glenn made and asked them to make sure gm eng. Got it. Thanks for your video, i am all for bugging dealer and customer support until they come up with a fix, i don't think i will let them mess with my car again until there is a lnown fix.

no my noise was a high pitch noise not a wobble noise that the dealer fix. now can you check for me on your car and see if you hear a cooling fan going on when you are at a stop .the sound comes from the left rear and making a noise when the fan is on but I only hear it when the temps. are 80 to 90 degress with windows up and at a idle.

Strake 07-29-2016 09:17 PM

I've not heard a high pitched noise that could be a cooking fan on our Vette.

bjones7131 07-29-2016 09:26 PM

[QUOTE=mono01;1592736002]

Originally Posted by bjones7131 (Post 1592732919)

no my noise was a high pitch noise not a wobble noise that the dealer fix. now can you check for me on your car and see if you hear a cooling fan going on when you are at a stop .the sound comes from the left rear and making a noise when the fan is on but I only hear it when the temps. are 80 to 90 degress with windows up and at a idle.

The cooling fans on the radiator come on when the AC is on but they are in the front, no fan in the rear section. You may be hearing the fuel pump. You say a sound is being made from the rear when the fan is on, what fan are you referring to?