CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Warble sound occasionally (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3806758-warble-sound-occasionally.html)

767guy 03-03-2017 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by tcinla (Post 1594212172)
I'm not a violent man but I would have had some words for my dealer if I was told what you were told. I have no options with my bargain, off the rack, 2017 1LT A8 and I have the heavy hum/slight vibration at 1500 rpm that goes away above 2000 rpm. It stared around 400 miles on the odd and has only gotten more pronounced since then.

That is troublesome to hear there are also problems with the 2017 MY.

Can you tell us the build date of your car ?

thirtythird 03-03-2017 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Highplains (Post 1594212024)
That sounds like the deluxe package of crap to me. You need to have that service guy awarded the most original excuse for (1) I don't know what it is and (2) I don't want to try to figure it out award. More seriously, if yours sounds like the descriptions and the video cited elsewhere in this thread, its the warble and your diff is bad and needs to be replaced. And they are replacing them. Have the service manager call the Technical Assistance Center. If he won't do it, talk to the general manager. They are not out anything but a phone call. Let us know what happens.

I've had something similar with my F150s (2 of the same generation, a 2011 and 2014). Drivetrain clunk after coming to a stop and then hitting the gas. Factory said that is normal for that vehicle. Um, OK, normal due to an engineering or production issue, but not GOOD.

Sometimes if an issue is not a hard failure they make us work for it. Sigh.

DaveCarden 03-03-2017 08:49 AM

2017 Corvette Warble

I purchased a 2017 in January with a build date of 11/16. Starting hearing the noise at 1500 RPM, around 150 miles. I have read through the post and was just wondering what would be the recommended path or starting point for getting the issue resolved.

Red C8 of Jax 03-03-2017 09:32 AM

If we didn't have the Warble noise or the Torque Converter failures to talk about, we would have very little to talk about on the forum. Too bad GM will not stop us from discussing these subjects. :ack:

bjones7131 03-03-2017 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by DaveCarden (Post 1594214563)
I purchased a 2017 in January with a build date of 11/16. Starting hearing the noise at 1500 RPM, around 150 miles. I have read through the post and was just wondering what would be the recommended path or starting point for getting the issue resolved.

Take into your dealer and have them take a ride with U and make sure they hear and acknowledge the noise. Share the cause as you know it to be from our experience on this forum post. Insist they call tech support and Eng for the Diff. replacement. That is the starting point and proceed through the process until you get a fix. That may mean going up the food chain at your dealer and GM. Good luck

DaveCarden 03-03-2017 10:14 AM

Warble Sound

Thanks for the advice, I will start the process

tcinla 03-03-2017 12:18 PM

After listening to Strakes You Tube video and Darrin Edwards' videos I have to say the the sound I'm hearing is more like one of the Darrin Edwards' videos.

Does that qualify for this new ATF fluid TSB ?

Gunrun 03-03-2017 01:46 PM

Video

Originally Posted by tcinla (Post 1594216211)
After listening to Strakes You Tube video and Darrin Edwards' videos I have to say the the sound I'm hearing is more like one of the Darrin Edwards' videos.

Does that qualify for this new ATF fluid TSB ?

They are both the same sound. Try listening again. Remember the rpm is around 1500 usually in high geAr. But I can get mine to warble in 3rd gear on M using the paddles and rpm at 3000.

Cjmiller 03-03-2017 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by walleyejack (Post 1594211616)
wow, that is a good one, haven t heard that one before, did u have to pay a premium for it ?

Yeah it sounded far fetch to me. I've contacted Jeff with GM and see what he can do for me now to get it fixed . I have my fingers crossed .

Cjmiller 03-03-2017 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Gunrun (Post 1594216865)
They are both the same sound. Try listening again. Remember the rpm is around 1500 usually in high geAr. But I can get mine to warble in 3rd gear on M using the paddles and rpm at 3000.

I can get mine to do it in 2nd up either in M or auto the hotter it gets the worse it is

Highplains 03-03-2017 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cjmiller (Post 1594217755)
Yeah it sounded far fetch to me. I've contacted Jeff with GM and see what he can do for me now to get it fixed . I have my fingers crossed .

He's da man.

tcinla 03-03-2017 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by 767guy (Post 1594214103)
That is troublesome to hear there are also problems with the 2017 MY.

Can you tell us the build date of your car ?

August, 2016

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...945fcfba7.jpeg

bbcb 03-03-2017 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Cjmiller (Post 1594211254)
Well took mine in and was told that that's just a characteristic noise of the option package I have . Has anyone ever heard that excuse for the warble . I've been following this thread for a long time and at this point I don't know what direction to head on getting it fixed. I haft to call back tomorrow and talk to someone else that's supposed to have more info on the characteristic noise for the option package . lol

Ask the dealer to put that in writing...date and sign .. send copy to GM
via certfied mail ..ask for responce within 14 buisness days...then call an attorney ..
Sorry for your headache ..but .. it is a GM ...the only good thing about the answer ..is ...they did not just start ripping the car apart without knowing how to correct ..

KKC7 03-04-2017 09:26 PM

I have been dealing with this noise for over 6 months now. I heard it really bad on the first drive home that night I purchased it from the dealer and just kept it under the rug.

Well as I am driving the car more I am beyond annoyed at it. I will begin to pursue the matter with GM and my local dealer.

I have an appointment on Tuesday evening to have the shop foreman to ride along with me to replicate the sound.

I will be getting a better video tomorrow with hopefully less ambient noise in the area.

Who are those that have had this problem "FIXED" May you speak up so I can notify my dealer exactly what needs to be done.

Thank you

walleyejack 03-04-2017 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by KKC7 (Post 1594227536)
I have been dealing with this noise for over 6 months now. I heard it really bad on the first drive home that night I purchased it from the dealer and just kept it under the rug.

Well as I am driving the car more I am beyond annoyed at it. I will begin to pursue the matter with GM and my local dealer.

I have an appointment on Tuesday evening to have the shop foreman to ride along with me to replicate the sound.

I will be getting a better video tomorrow with hopefully less ambient noise in the area.

Who are those that have had this problem "FIXED" May you speak up so I can notify my dealer exactly what needs to be done.

Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezJ3KmCNtiU

he will probably tell you to put your seatbelt on or whatever it is to stop the dinging.

Highplains 03-04-2017 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by KKC7 (Post 1594227536)

Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezJ3KmCNtiU

You've definitely got the warble. I was one of the first ones to get a new diff. That was over 600 miles ago and the fix is still good. I have a contact in GM who, when I talked to him last, said there were two ways to go. One was to have your service person call the Technical Service Center and/or two, there was a post awhile back from Customer Service to go through them. If it would be worthwhile, have your service guy call me and I'll talk to him and explain the whole mess to him. Mine was one of the first cars tested for the diff fix. If he wants, I'll ask my contact to call him if the Tech Assist Center or CS doesn't work out.

KKC7 03-04-2017 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by walleyejack (Post 1594228046)
he will probably tell you to put your seatbelt on or whatever it is to stop the dinging.

I had turned the speed warning monitor on the car before I left. I have been driving the car more learning all the things it has. I guess because I have navigation and Onstar it knows the speed limits of the roads I am on and it alerts you that you are driving over the speed limit.

KKC7 03-05-2017 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Highplains (Post 1594228083)
You've definitely got the warble. I was one of the first ones to get a new diff. That was over 600 miles ago and the fix is still good. I have a contact in GM who, when I talked to him last, said there were two ways to go. One was to have your service person call the Technical Service Center and/or two, there was a post awhile back from Customer Service to go through them. If it would be worthwhile, have your service guy call me and I'll talk to him and explain the whole mess to him. Mine was one of the first cars tested for the diff fix. If he wants, I'll ask my contact to call him if the Tech Assist Center or CS doesn't work out.

Highplains,

Thank you a lot for the information. Can you PM your number? I do not know how competent my dealer is honestly. I had a great experience purchasing the car through them, but their service side I do not know as I haven't even had my first oil change yet. I had a software update done which was a simple fix and had no issues with them. They are a decent size Chevrolet dealership that usually stocks around 30 corvettes. So hopefully that have a tech who is familiar with these cars.

bjones7131 03-05-2017 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by KKC7 (Post 1594228422)
Highplains,

Thank you a lot for the information. Can you PM your number? I do not know how competent my dealer is honestly. I had a great experience purchasing the car through them, but their service side I do not know as I haven't even had my first oil change yet. I had a software update done which was a simple fix and had no issues with them. They are a decent size Chevrolet dealership that usually stocks around 30 corvettes. So hopefully that have a tech who is familiar with these cars.

After listening to the video/audio U definitely have the WARBLE. Take the dealership Serv. Manager a ride and ensure they hear and acknowledge the noise. Follow Highplains advice, if anybody has the ear of GM Eng. it is him. Good luck and keep us posted.

walleyejack 03-05-2017 09:20 AM

Hope you can get resolution quickly KKC7.