CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Parts for Sale/Wanted (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-parts-for-sale-wanted-57/)
-   -   F/S: 69-73 Towing Package - Chrome (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-parts-for-sale-wanted/3914141-f-s-69-73-towing-package-chrome.html)

AllC34Me 12-05-2016 07:04 AM

F/S: 69-73 Towing Package - Chrome

SOLD and PACKED, AND SHIPPED. Thank you for looking and best regards,
David

An explanation is in order.

These are not home made parts. These are original parts built for the Corvette to add a trailer hitch to the chrome bumper cars to tow up to 1,000 pounds. This one has stamps showing which car it is made for and rating information. Not a cheap part, it is, they are, rare parts to find.

I was working on adding a towing capability to Sparty but sold him before I got far enough along to execute this change.

I purchased a pair of rear bumpers that had been predrilled for a corvette trailer hitch. I located and purchased the 69-72 rear bumper trailer hitch assembly as well. I then had Librandi's in Harrisburg, PA chrome all three items so they would match. They came out stunning.

I also purchased chrome headed bolts to use in mounting the trailer hitch to the bumpers. They mount at four locations. You can remove the trailer hitch and place the bolts in place on the bumper if you want to drive with hitch removed, or mount it and leave it, up to you how you want to use it. Will be a unique look for sure. A 69-73 Corvette with a trailer hitch is rare to see if you have ever seen one. Now you can have one, and a classy one at that.

I spent way too much getting these chromed, but not your problem, I am looking for someone that can install and appreciate these. I have over $850 invested in the bumpers, trailer hitch, and chrome. I am asking $750 for this one of a kind, original parts, show chromed setup.

I unwrapped the bumpers and the hitch and have included pictures below. Thank you.

I added the 1-7/8" chrome ball and it is included in the package price.

Parts can be wrapped for transport and I can insure and ship them if you pay shipping.

You won't see this come along again any time soon. First come, first served.

Thank you for looking and best regards,

David Howard
AllC34Me

Syl1953 12-12-2016 02:47 PM

Bump, for a great member. Would love to have this setup to pull my flat bottom v-drive to shows, but just can't justify it.

AllC34Me 12-13-2016 06:58 AM

I will unwrap the bumpers and the hitch today and take photographs to show the setup.

Application is 1968-1972 years only as the hitch attaches to stock rear end bumpers in two locations each side.

Price does not include packing and shipping. Local pick up is always a good option.

Pictures soon.

Best regards and thanks for looking.

David Howard
AllC34Me

AllC34Me 12-13-2016 07:19 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Thank you for looking. Please ask any questions you may have.
Attachment 48045008

Attachment 48045009

Attachment 48045010

Attachment 48045011

Attachment 48045012

Attachment 48045013

Best regards,

David S. Howard
AllC34Me

suprspooky 12-14-2016 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Syl1953 (Post 1593648406)
Bump, for a great member. Would love to have this setup to pull my flat bottom v-drive to shows, but just can't justify it.

I thought I was the only person that thought about pulling their Boat (SBC Jet) with a C3, so i'm not alone but still crazy :D

suprspooky 12-14-2016 01:01 AM

Gorgeous pieces, would you consider providing some drawings with dimensions? I still think about pulling my Boat or a small Support Trailer and I have access to a big Break Press.

Thx, Dave

AllC34Me 12-14-2016 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by suprspooky (Post 1593658771)
Gorgeous pieces, would you consider providing some drawings with dimensions? I still think about pulling my Boat or a small Support Trailer and I have access to a big Break Press.

Thx, Dave

Dave,
Please PM me your home e-mail address and I will see what I can do.
I am trying to sell this setup so a request for drawings does not advance the sale and would be considered a violation of forum rules. Please use PM messages for requests like this in the future to avoid getting infractions from the forum administrators.
Thank you.
David Howard
AllC34Me

AllC34Me 12-14-2016 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by suprspooky (Post 1593658761)
I thought I was the only person that thought about pulling their Boat (SBC Jet) with a C3, so i'm not alone but still crazy :D

These parts were built for and installed for the C-3 Corvettes. Guys used to pull their Corvette Boats with these. Tongue rating is 1,000 pounds. This is not a home made part, it is a product built for Corvettes. Note the stamps on the part, Corvette 68-72. The ratings are stamped on this as well, I just didn't take a picture of them. Was not at all crazy, tested and proven on the C-3 to be safe and effective as long as you follow the limits set by the manufacturer. I pull a motorcycle trailer with no issues at all.

David

AllC34Me 12-14-2016 09:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a picture of the rating data stamped into the trailer hitch.

Attachment 48045376

It reads:

MAX. LOAD LOWER
OF 1000 LB. OR
CAR MAKERS SPEC.
MAX. TONGUE
WT. 100 LB.

David Howard

suprspooky 12-14-2016 07:05 PM

Thanks for the responses, I wasn't aware that I was pushing a post rule boundary, I'll keep that in mind for the future. I wish I could justify buying your set-up, it's really nice but I think it would outshine the home it would end up hanging on. I haven't priced used or repro Bumpers yet (project I'm considering doesn't have Bumpers or mounts) so I may need to consider yours anyway. I'll pm email info in any case

69ttop502 12-14-2016 08:36 PM

Well isn't that interesting. Learn something new every day. Bump for a great seller!

AllC34Me 12-17-2016 08:33 AM

SOLD now, thank you for looking.
David Howard
AllC34Me

AllC34Me 12-17-2016 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by suprspooky (Post 1593658771)

Thx, Dave

Dave,
I took several pictures with dimensions for you today. If you PM me a home email address I will send them to you. Glad to help.
David Howard

fffast 02-16-2017 08:31 PM

C# Hitch.

Hi, Is this hitch still available or am I misunderstanding the heading? Thanks, Chuck

Originally Posted by AllVettes4Me (Post 1593601157)
SOLD and PACKED, AND SHIPPED. Thank you for looking and best regards,
David

An explanation is in order.

These are not home made parts. These are original parts built for the Corvette to add a trailer hitch to the chrome bumper cars to tow up to 1,000 pounds. This one has stamps showing which car it is made for and rating information. Not a cheap part, it is, they are, rare parts to find.

I was working on adding a towing capability to Sparty but sold him before I got far enough along to execute this change.

I purchased a pair of rear bumpers that had been predrilled for a corvette trailer hitch. I located and purchased the 69-72 rear bumper trailer hitch assembly as well. I then had Librandi's in Harrisburg, PA chrome all three items so they would match. They came out stunning.

I also purchased chrome headed bolts to use in mounting the trailer hitch to the bumpers. They mount at four locations. You can remove the trailer hitch and place the bolts in place on the bumper if you want to drive with hitch removed, or mount it and leave it, up to you how you want to use it. Will be a unique look for sure. A 69-73 Corvette with a trailer hitch is rare to see if you have ever seen one. Now you can have one, and a classy one at that.

I spent way too much getting these chromed, but not your problem, I am looking for someone that can install and appreciate these. I have over $850 invested in the bumpers, trailer hitch, and chrome. I am asking $750 for this one of a kind, original parts, show chromed setup.

I unwrapped the bumpers and the hitch and have included pictures below. Thank you.

I added the 1-7/8" chrome ball and it is included in the package price.

Parts can be wrapped for transport and I can insure and ship them if you pay shipping.

You won't see this come along again any time soon. First come, first served.

David Howard
AllC34Me

AllC34Me 02-17-2017 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by fffast (Post 1594110253)
Hi, Is this hitch still available or am I misunderstanding the heading? Thanks, Chuck

Sorry you are not understanding. The heading does not change so when it was first posted it was listed as For Sale. Once it sells I posted that it had been sold in the body of the posting. We don't go back and change the heading and we don't erase the postings. I can have the moderator lock it if that would help. They are busy guys and gals but I don't mind asking.
Sorry, hitch is sold and shipped out late last year.
It is no longer for sale.
Thank you.
David Howard