CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C7 General Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion-142/)
-   -   Radio (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7-general-discussion/3945380-radio.html)

rkhegler 02-16-2017 05:42 PM

Radio

Beautiful day here in Nebraska. Decided to take my C7 Stingray for a little ride to do some shopping. After shopping was finished, I got into the car to return home, the Radio did not work. All of the screen components displayed information and seemed to work just fine. I stopped the car, let it set for a couple of minutes and restarted the ignition. Nothing! Drove home (about 20 miles in silence). Pulled into the drive way and tried to read the owner's manual. Nothing on how to reprogram the radio. Called the dealership and they were "too busy" to come to the phone. So, I decided to pull the car into the garage. Presto, the radio came on.

Anyone have a clue as to what happened? Did I inadvertently press some button? :cheers: Thanks.

C8-Vette 02-16-2017 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by rkhegler (Post 1594109014)
Beautiful day here in Nebraska. Decided to take my C7 Stingray for a little ride to do some shopping. After shopping was finished, I got into the car to return home, the Radio did not work. All of the screen components displayed information and seemed to work just fine. I stopped the car, let it set for a couple of minutes and restarted the ignition. Nothing! Drove home (about 20 miles in silence). Pulled into the drive way and tried to read the owner's manual. Nothing on how to reprogram the radio. Called the dealership and they were "too busy" to come to the phone. So, I decided to pull the car into the garage. Presto, the radio came on.

Anyone have a clue as to what happened? Did I inadvertently press some button? :cheers: Thanks.

If it should happen again, just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for a minute or so. Why it happens... you got me!

Hoonose 02-16-2017 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by rkhegler (Post 1594109014)

On my 2017 you can mute the radio by pressing in the volume button.

budgreen3564 02-16-2017 06:07 PM

When muted, I think it stays muted upon restart.

nytrorcr 02-16-2017 06:15 PM

Radio

Originally Posted by C7-Vette (Post 1594109085)
If it should happen again, just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery for a minute or so. Why it happens... you got me!

The above statement works for many of those weird why did this stop working..........

Old Goat MN 02-16-2017 06:21 PM

my 2016 had a glitch with how many stations you could pre program and also it acted funny. Took it back to the dealer and they replaced the radio with new one. Not sure but there may be a tech bulletin about it since they really didn't even discuss it they just replaced it.

rkhegler 02-16-2017 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Hoonose (Post 1594109126)
On my 2017 you can mute the radio by pressing in the volume button.

Tried that with no success. I will wait until until tomorrow and see if it malfunctions again.

NSC5 02-16-2017 06:48 PM

My 2008 CTS used to do this about one time out of 20 when using the remote start; a restart would cure it. My 2014 ATS has done this about 3 times in the three years I have owned it. My 2016 Z06 hasn't had this issue yet but I am sure at some point it will. There is a lot of stuff going on at startup and all it takes is one little electronic glitch for a module not to initialize properly.

These types of glitches are one of the reasons I am not enamored with the whole self-driving car concept. Like most others I have experienced glitches with much simpler PCs, Iphones, etc. and the only thing more difficult than figuring out what caused the glitch AFTER it happens is predicting all environmental interactions that could cause such a failure BEFORE it happens. That level of reliability at a practical price point for a mass consumption product will be an interesting bit of magic.

vbdenny 02-16-2017 09:29 PM

There is a radio in these? Stupid exhaust hasn't let me use it.

owc6 02-16-2017 09:38 PM

Was the radio on XM?

If so, try setting the channel to 1 or 0.

rkhegler 02-17-2017 02:00 PM

Drove the car this morning and the radio worked fine. Don't know what the problem was. Anyway, thanks for all who chimed in with advice.

Always Red Dave 02-17-2017 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by rkhegler (Post 1594115047)
Drove the car this morning and the radio worked fine. Don't know what the problem was. Anyway, thanks for all who chimed in with advice.

GREMLINS!
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.cor...9a6969f244.jpg