CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C3 Tech/Performance (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance-3/)
-   -   Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions? (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c3-tech-performance/426734-fiberglass-splinter-removal-suggestions.html)

pingdashf 11-04-2002 10:09 PM

Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions?

I was reaching in behind the firewall to unscrew something or other and ran my hand across the lip and now have about 10,000 little shiny splinters in my hand. Any suggestions on how to remove these? *ouch*

Shark Racer 11-04-2002 10:31 PM

Re: Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions? (pingdashf)

Sticky, sticky tape to grab them and not dig them in more. As for the others, tweezers... I'm sure someone else will know more tricks.

-Steve

98RKC 11-04-2002 10:47 PM

Re: Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions? (pingdashf)

I was reaching in behind the firewall to unscrew something or other and ran my hand across the lip and now have about 10,000 little shiny splinters in my hand. Any suggestions on how to remove these? *ouch*
Yeah, they disconnect right at the wrist.... Oh wait nevermind :jester
I can imagine the discomfort so I apologize,
the tape idea sounds pretty good.
Good luck :smash: :cheers:

CF6873 11-04-2002 10:47 PM

Re: Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions? (Pacin'California)

Smear some Elmer's glue on the area and let it dry. Then peel it off and most of the splinters should come along. Good Luck, Craig

pingdashf 11-04-2002 11:33 PM

The tape worked pretty well. Thanks much.

Schmucker 11-04-2002 11:56 PM

I'm going to have to try that since I have to put up fiberglass insulation. Last time I did that I was itching for a week. Only problem is... I'm a pretty hairy dude.

Shark Racer 11-05-2002 12:05 AM

Re: Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions? (Schmucker)

Shave your arms before you do it...

If you end up having to rip hairs off, wouldn't it be better to be uniform? :) Less painful, too... I shaved my arms after burning off a good patch, comes back to normal in less than a month.

-Steve

Schmucker 11-05-2002 12:29 AM

Yeah, but the last time I did it the fiberglass got everywhere. And I mean EVERYWHERE.

Desertdawg 11-05-2002 02:15 AM

Re: Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions? (Schmucker)

Holy crap guy's

Leave the fiberglass in there and quit whinning like little girls about it..
Get tuff. :D

Just joking... I hate when that happens... :crazy:

paintdaddy 11-05-2002 02:25 AM

Re: Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions? (Desertdawg)

Try using some pantyhose (make sure the wife doesnt know and shes not wearing them :lol: )I dont know why this works but it does. :seeya

bigvette1 11-05-2002 04:11 AM

Re: Fiberglass Splinter Removal Suggestions? (paintdaddy)

Duct Tape works fine. Press it in and pull slowly and out they come unless they are under the skin. If they are they might get infected and you should treat them as a sliver.