CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   Car Care Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion-10/)
-   -   Zaino vs. Pinnacle (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/car-care-discussion/660481-zaino-vs-pinnacle.html)

jerseyvette 09-28-2003 09:29 AM

Zaino vs. Pinnacle

OK, I know this topic has been somewhat beaten to death but I have a legitimate question for those who have used either or both of these products.

I've been using Zaino (Z5 for swirl marks) for the past year or two and the results have been great (see http://forums.corvetteforum.com/zerothread?id=619912)

But the problem is, it doesn't last. After 2-3 coats, it will last about 2 weeks (only having driven her a handful of times). You can begin to see swirl marks again and the mirror-like finish seems to just go away.

I've heard of several others on the forum mention the somewhat short longevity of Zaino, and it seems more and more people are trying Pinnacle with good results. My question is this...for those who use Pinnacle, how long does it last? And if you've used both...how do they stack up?

Any/all opinions appreciated.

ScottyJ

PS -And if you're using Pinnacle, which product has given you the best results.

[Modified by scottyj33, 2:30 PM 9/28/2003]

Midnite 88 09-28-2003 09:54 AM

Re: Zaino vs. Pinnacle (scottyj33)

Is Z-5 the only thing that you are using, or are you using Z-1 & Z-2 afterwards?

Mine is a daily driver and even with washing weekly, sitting in the Florida sun and rain. Mine holds up for at least 3-4 weeks before I notice the shine start to degrade.

jerseyvette 09-28-2003 09:59 AM

Re: Zaino vs. Pinnacle (Midnite 88)

Using the Z5 w/ ZFX, applied with an applicator lightly sprayed w/ Z6. From what I've been reading on the forum this morning, I think I'm gonna give Pinnacle or Liquid Glass a go.

Aaron71771 09-28-2003 11:23 AM

Zaino will last longer the Pinnacle.

For swirls, your best results will come from using 3m Swirl Remover on the finish to get them all off, then use which ever product you think looks best.

I recently had to change from using cotten towels to a synthetic chamois. The problem was the towels would cause swirl marks, where the chamois does not. I am sure it had something to do with washing the towels in the washing machine, I have hard water. I also started using micro-fiber towels to remove the wax (opposed to using a cotten towel)

Since I have started using Pinnacle products, and dropped the cotten towels I have not seen any increase in the swirls in my finish.

Mr Mojo 09-28-2003 12:38 PM

Re: Zaino vs. Pinnacle (Midnite 88)

Is Z-5 the only thing that you are using, or are you using Z-1 & Z-2 afterwards?

Z1 would go on first followed by Z5 then Z6 then Z2 and finallly with Z6.

Zaino lasts a long time, I'm proof of that, my car still shines after a year since my last application and mine gets driven daily. Have to Z6 occasionally.

(BTW, moving to "CAR Care")

oldace84 09-30-2003 02:51 AM

Zanio has come out to be the best, in my tests. Not that it really matters.
But does to me..
tony

Kale 09-30-2003 12:09 PM

Re: Zaino vs. Pinnacle (oldace84)

Zanio has come out to be the best, in my tests. Not that it really matters.
But does to me..
tony
Which pinnacle wax did you try?

all4fun 09-30-2003 02:47 PM

Re: Zaino vs. Pinnacle (Kale)

Bought liguid souveran and love it....cycle glaze is nice too!
Last a long time...waxed with it last month on a daily driver and water is beading up on it as we speak. :reddevil

Killrwheels 09-30-2003 08:31 PM

Re: Zaino vs. Pinnacle (all4fun)

I always love this conversation, because most have never tried Pinnacle but have a preference of Zaino. Its not a preference unless you try both, then its your game. Both are great products and both provide remarkable results.

Zaino will last longer and is extremely reflective, however, Pinnacle Soveran provides more depth and a wet look. Try both ...... then make the decision , but for most of us we never see a durability issue with either product because we are always outside cleaning our Vettes. :cheers:

lager99 09-30-2003 08:58 PM

Re: Zaino vs. Pinnacle (Killrwheels)

but for most of us we never see a durability issue with either product because we are always outside cleaning our Vettes. :cheers:
:iagree: :yesnod:

Vette Ed 10-03-2003 06:46 PM

Pinnacle for me :D

DsC5 10-03-2003 08:37 PM

I have used both dozens of times and Zaino lasts longer. As for appearance, that is a personal, subjective choice.

jschindler 10-12-2003 10:58 PM

Re: Zaino vs. Pinnacle (DsC5)

I have used both dozens of times and Zaino lasts longer. As for appearance, that is a personal, subjective choice.
No flames intended, but if you have used both dozens of times, how in the world do you know how long they last?

I have three cars. I take excellent care of all of them, but don't wax them any more than I need to. Just not enough hours. I waxed my Tahoe with Zaino probably 8 months ago, and it still beads and protects the surfact better than any previous product I used after one month. And it sits out during the day in Houston's God awful heat in the summer.

No, I have not tried Pinnacle. It may be a good product. I just wanted to share my testimonial to how long Zaino lasts. Even the Pinnacle distributors seem to admit that long lasting is not Pinnacles strength.

oldace84 10-13-2003 06:13 PM

Zanio, Like is the best.
Tried everything in my march thru life.
tony
:flag