CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/)
-   C5 General (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general-103/)
-   -   Jacksonville, FL repair shops (https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c5-general/937063-jacksonville-fl-repair-shops.html)

Blue Lion 10-30-2004 08:40 AM

Jacksonville, FL repair shops

I know there are a lot of Jacksonville area members here. Where do you take your car for routine service and maintenance? I've only had to take my car in once (used 2000) and I took it to George Moore Chevy. They're pretty close to home and I've heard they sell more Vettes than anyone in the area. I was pleased with the experience.
I took a work car to Crest Chevy and won't take it back, much less my Vette.
Thanks! :cheers:

Mike04 10-30-2004 12:03 PM

:lurk:

1983JZR3W 10-30-2004 07:32 PM

Jax repair shops.............

I had the same question. My 2004 Z06 was in the recall for the lower control arm nuts and washers. I did not buy my car locally and was really afraid to trust it to any dealer. I was advised to take it to Jerry Hamm Chev, on Phillips Highway, by forum member, CajunY2K. I went by to see the service manager, Bob Fletcher. He assured my my car would be well taken care of. I took it in this past Wednesday at 6:30 am. (They open at 7:30 am, and I wanted to be first in line) They took it back about 8 am. It was driven to the service bay by the tech who did the work. He allowed me to watch him as much as I wanted and he was very careful and treated the car as I treat it. It did take longer than I thought (about 5 hours) but it was well worth it. There was not even one fingerprint on the entire car. They did not wipe it down either, because I was watching the work. I was very happy with the experience and think you will be, too. They even did a follow-ip call the next day to make sure everything was done to my satisfaction. By the way, the right rear nut and washer was finger tight. The correct torque is 22 foot ponnds. The car only had 213 miles as the time of the repair, so get those recalls done. Also don't worry about joy rides, they only put one tenth of a mile on the car.

CAJUNY2KC5 10-30-2004 08:27 PM

Glad you had a good experience at Jerry Hamm. I've always been pleased with what they've done for me.

For things they can't do (GM does restrict what they can do on some performance mods) I take my car down to Mike Norris at Next Level Performance in Altemonte Springs. He's a great tuner and a great guy, too.

jwrichter 03-21-2014 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by Z06-LITE (Post 1548684877)
I had the same question. My 2004 Z06 was in the recall for the lower control arm nuts and washers. I did not buy my car locally and was really afraid to trust it to any dealer. I was advised to take it to Jerry Hamm Chev, on Phillips Highway, by forum member, CajunY2K. I went by to see the service manager, Bob Fletcher. He assured my my car would be well taken care of. I took it in this past Wednesday at 6:30 am. (They open at 7:30 am, and I wanted to be first in line) They took it back about 8 am. It was driven to the service bay by the tech who did the work. He allowed me to watch him as much as I wanted and he was very careful and treated the car as I treat it. It did take longer than I thought (about 5 hours) but it was well worth it. There was not even one fingerprint on the entire car. They did not wipe it down either, because I was watching the work. I was very happy with the experience and think you will be, too. They even did a follow-ip call the next day to make sure everything was done to my satisfaction. By the way, the right rear nut and washer was finger tight. The correct torque is 22 foot ponnds. The car only had 213 miles as the time of the repair, so get those recalls done. Also don't worry about joy rides, they only put one tenth of a mile on the car.

Are you still going there for service? I'm looking for a referral in the Jacksonville area.

Thanks

3318C5 03-21-2014 03:49 PM

I do my own work, interested if there are any more recommendations. :lurk:

chiapet 06-29-2015 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by 3318C5 (Post 1586462048)
I do my own work, interested if there are any more recommendations. :lurk:

Bump...

I have been using Doc & Jeff at EFI Alchemy in GCS for some of my performance work.

Mickeyrx70 06-29-2015 06:52 PM

Check with forum member LoneStarFRC. I seem to recall he knows of a shop in Jacksonville.