Sponsored by:

Arming the Alarm System

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2014, 04:05 PM
romaja
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Arming the Alarm System

Read the manual concerning this issue but no help. I am using RKE to lock and unlock the doors and works fine when leaving and approaching the car.

The alarm will not arm unless I push the lock button on the key fob. The manual indicates that the alarm will arm automatically when using RKE?

Any suggestions? different settings maybe?

Thanks

2015 C7 coupe 3LT
Old 09-21-2014, 04:09 PM
silversmoke1957
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by romaja
Read the manual concerning this issue but no help. I am using RKE to lock and unlock the doors and works fine when leaving and approaching the car.

The alarm will not arm unless I push the lock button on the key fob. The manual indicates that the alarm will arm automatically when using RKE?

Any suggestions? different settings maybe?

Thanks

2015 C7 coupe 3LT
You can change settings so that the car will automatically lock itself with an option to chirp to confirm. It will do so within a few seconds of you exiting the vehicle and closing the doors.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:11 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Originally Posted by silversmoke1957
You can change settings so that the car will automatically lock itself with an option to chirp to confirm. It will do so within a few seconds of you exiting the vehicle and closing the doors.
Yup.

Just like the C4 (at least I remember the C4 doing it), C5 and C6 did....
Old 09-21-2014, 04:12 PM
romaja
Racer

You can't change settings so that the car will automatically lock itself with an option to chirp to confirm. It will do so within a few seconds of you exiting the vehicle and closing the doors.
Thanks. My car locks fine and I have seen this option. I just can get the the alarm to arm passively. This is my problem.

Last edited by romaja; 09-21-2014 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Fixed typo to can't
Old 09-21-2014, 04:14 PM
KenHorse
Team Owner

Location: I live my life by 2 rules. 1) Never share everything you know. 2)
Received 2,401 Likes on 1,366 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13, '16-'17-'18

Thanks. My car locks fine and I have seen this option. I just can get the the alarm to arm passively. This is my problem.
Assuming that's a typo, there is no manual arm of the alarm - it's automatically done by the car
Old 09-21-2014, 04:23 PM
romaja
Racer

Originally Posted by KenHorse
Assuming that's a typo, there is no manual arm of the alarm - it's automatically done by the car
The doors lock and unlock passively as designed with fob in my pocket. The alarm will not arm up (no solid light on the dash for 30 seconds followed by a slow blink).

The only way I can get the alarm to arm is by pushing the lock symbol on the fob?

Shouldn't the alarm passively arm just like the doors lock passively when exiting the car with the fob in possession?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2014, 04:25 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 15,075 Likes on 6,173 Posts

I think you are confusing two terms. RKE means you are using the buttons on the key fob to lock/unlock the doors. Keyess Access (also called passive lock/unlock) is when you don't use the buttons on the fob. To use passive lock and unlock, they must be configured in the menu.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

The doors lock and unlock passively as designed with fob in my pocket. The alarm will not arm up (no solid light on the dash for 30 seconds followed by a slow blink).

The only way I can get the alarm to arm is by pushing the lock symbol on the fob?

Shouldn't the alarm passively arm just like the doors lock passively when exiting the car with the fob in possession?

Thanks
Do you have a feedback method selected (flash lights or horn beep) to determine that passive locking has actually occurred?
Old 09-21-2014, 04:30 PM
romaja
Racer

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
Do you have a feedback method selected (flash lights or horn beep) to determine that passive locking has actually occurred?
I will go check now.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:31 PM
silversmoke1957
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks
My car seems to automatically set the alarm system when it passively locks the car. I don't know whether it does so immediately or whether it takes a while, but whenever I return to my passively locked vehicle I see the alarm light blinking indicating that the alarm is active.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:36 PM
Zymurgy

Support Corvetteforum!

My car seems to automatically set the alarm system when it passively locks the car. I don't know whether it does so immediately or whether it takes a while, but whenever I return to my passively locked vehicle I see the alarm light blinking indicating that the alarm is active.
There is a 30 second delay in arming the system unless you press the RKE Lock button which arms it immediately.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:48 PM
beachcomber
Drifting

Received 49 Likes on 45 Posts

i'm sure passive arming is effective, but I don't take the chance. Takes a second to push lock on the RKE and piece of mind.
Old 09-21-2014, 04:56 PM
romaja
Racer

Originally Posted by Zymurgy
I think you are confusing two terms. RKE means you are using the buttons on the key fob to lock/unlock the doors. Keyess Access (also called passive lock/unlock) is when you don't use the buttons on the fob. To use passive lock and unlock, they must be configured in the menu.
Thank guys. Yes. It appears I was confusing the terms. Also, I checked the car and the passive lock was selected off. I selected it on with no lights or horn. Now when I exit the car I hear the doors locking and see the alarm light on the dash illuminate. Perfect!

Thanks for your prompt response.

Side note: I have had another problem with my USB/SD card not reading my music. When I select the media button with a SD card or USB plugged in, it does not see it? media sees my blue tooth phone, then it shows Aux but nothing else. I have tried copying my music from iTunes different ways, straight from the files etc. Also, I read the threads and followed the instructions to the letter.

I wanted to confirm if it was a car problem and not a me problem. So I met up with Mike Puzach who owns another Blue 2015 coupe and he inserted the SD card into his center console.

His car read my SD card with my personal music downloaded from iTunes. Now I was convinced it was an anomaly with my car and I should take it to a dealer to trouble shoot.

Mike called me shortly after I left him and informed my that his car is now not reading my SD card. In fact, now his car won't read the music from his own personal USB with his own music?

I am sure he is not very happy with me right now.

Hopefully we can figure it out.

Get notified of new replies

To Arming the Alarm System

Quick Reply: Arming the Alarm System