Sponsored by:

Rented a C7 today.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Beachhz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rented a C7 today.

For the past year or so, I've rented a Vette from this place in Miami every 3 or so months (only going to do it every 6 months now), and it just reminds me every time why I'm saving up in the first place for a C7 of my own in 2-3 years when I finish school. I was heading home this morning from picking it up when a red C7 cruised by on the opposite side of the street and waved at me and I waved back. Even though I looked to be about 1/3 his age, it sent this shiver down my body of "joy" if you'd call it that.

One of the reasons I can't wait to own one is just because of community alone. Literally counting down the days.
Old 12-19-2014, 12:58 PM
NavyBlue2
Burning Brakes

Received 123 Likes on 73 Posts

"Joy" = orgasmic, isn't it...?
Old 12-19-2014, 01:10 PM
Corgidog1
Le Mans Master

Received 2,523 Likes on 1,482 Posts

I know a C7 is really tempting but make sure you have your priorities in order when you finish school. Unless you have the resources, a C7 should not be priority #1. A home and saving for your future seem like higher priorities.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Nosferatu
Le Mans Master

Received 127 Likes on 80 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

if you're saving up, you're putting a nice dent in your savings every time you take one out. I only rented a Vette once when I was younger to get the taste. Well...the rest is history.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:24 PM
Beachhz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Corgidog1
I know a C7 is really tempting but make sure you have your priorities in order when you finish school. Unless you have the resources, a C7 should not be priority #1. A home and saving for your future seem like higher priorities.
I've been told this by enough people and I can't stress how much I understand but to me, my happiness is priority. Driving around a C7 every day would bring me more happiness than coming home to a house. I prefer a nice tiny condo/apartment over a house anyway since that's how I was raised.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:25 PM
Beachhz
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nosferatu
if you're saving up, you're putting a nice dent in your savings every time you take one out. I only rented a Vette once when I was younger to get the taste. Well...the rest is history.
It's a very tiny dent with the price I get since I'm friends with the owner and I've rented multiple times compared to what I put away weekly. If it really pushed back me getting one of my own that much I wouldn't do it.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:26 PM
Beachhz
Instructor

Originally Posted by NavyBlue2
"Joy" = orgasmic, isn't it...?
I guess you could call it that, haha.
Old 12-19-2014, 02:37 PM
VINDIC8R
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beachhz
I've been told this by enough people and I can't stress how much I understand but to me, my happiness is priority. Driving around a C7 every day would bring me more happiness than coming home to a house. I prefer a nice tiny condo/apartment over a house anyway since that's how I was raised.
Listen to these people. They have been there as have I. A singular happiness of C7 ownership pales in comparison to the happiness of your own child's laughter, a mortgage paid off, helping others, hearing you are cancer free, hearing your wife/girlfriend/partner is cancer free.

None of us are saying don't make happy a priority. Make happy long lasting. Spread that happiness out over the long haul. That does not mean renting a Corvette occasionally either.

These folks did not get older by being stupid or living only for the now. I am sure many of them shook there heads and bristled when you said you understand.

Life IS going to rain on your parade.

I wish you only good things.
Old 12-19-2014, 03:56 PM
Mr Snappy!
Melting Slicks

Received 589 Likes on 162 Posts

Ignore those who would try to live your life for you.

I also am one of those guys who would gladly over-spend on my car and under-spend on the rest. It's your life and YOU choose your priorities.

On this site we are obviously all here because we share a mutual interest in Corvettes. HOWEVER, there are a million paths to getting one and it is YOUR CHOICE on how you get there.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:08 PM
hayes8889
Cruising

Default Listen to Mr. Snappy

I am 25 make average money bought a new C7. I could personally care less what anyone else thinks. I spend my money the way I want. I also quit my job and backpacked Europe... then went to Vietnam bought a motorcycle and cruised the coast for a month. It's your life to as you please. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:34 PM
hope2
Safety Car

Received 358 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by hayes8889
I am 25 make average money bought a new C7. I could personally care less what anyone else thinks. I spend my money the way I want. I also quit my job and backpacked Europe... then went to Vietnam bought a motorcycle and cruised the coast for a month. It's your life to as you please. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.
agree, i made it to 69 just this week beating my own drum. mistakes, sure, regrets, a few, do it over same way, hell yes.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Algiers
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm with you. Get whatever makes you happy. I love my C7 and don't regret the purchase one bit.
Old 12-19-2014, 08:41 PM
Red C8 of Jax
Safety Car

Received 1,113 Likes on 753 Posts

Save the wave
Old 12-19-2014, 11:43 PM
John Ulrich
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 270 Likes on 199 Posts

30-35 years ago the average buyer of a Corvette was in their twenties. Yup, those buyers are now in there late 50's like me. I purchased my first when I was 22.
Old 12-20-2014, 12:51 AM
Beachhz
Instructor

Love reading everyone's opinions on what I should do, it's gets pretty entertaining when people from all ages chime in
Old 12-20-2014, 01:10 AM
1rusty1
Safety Car

Received 332 Likes on 234 Posts

I'm the same way. I hate all the work that comes with owning a home. I'm selling and looking into a condo. I'll be keeping the cars and motorcycles though.
Old 12-20-2014, 01:20 AM
Beachhz
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1rusty1
I'm the same way. I hate all the work that comes with owning a home. I'm selling and looking into a condo. I'll be keeping the cars and motorcycles though.
Id prefer a townhouse just so I can get that garage space. I'm more into smaller spaces, not into that big 4 bedroom home with a huge yard that everyone dreams about. Just more work and money that I could put towards my vette

Get notified of new replies

To Rented a C7 today.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:34 AM
2014C7
Pro

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Get the vette. Buy a condo with parking asap. Rent sucks. Most important forget everything, bees make honey.

Do what YOU want man.

Live free!

You only get one life.
Old 12-20-2014, 06:46 AM
davidtcpa
Go Canes!
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 329 Likes on 241 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

For the past year or so, I've rented a Vette from this place in Miami every 3 or so months (only going to do it every 6 months now), and it just reminds me every time why I'm saving up in the first place for a C7 of my own in 2-3 years when I finish school. I was heading home this morning from picking it up when a red C7 cruised by on the opposite side of the street and waved at me and I waved back. Even though I looked to be about 1/3 his age, it sent this shiver down my body of "joy" if you'd call it that.

One of the reasons I can't wait to own one is just because of community alone. Literally counting down the days.
Awesome. Hope to see you on the road soon!!! FAU? Go Owls!!!
Old 12-20-2014, 07:08 AM
Leprkon
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What you should do with your life.... not just tell us you rented the car, but what you liked and didn't like about it....

Quick Reply: Rented a C7 today.